Music Forum / As the Sky Awaits

• Lloyd%s's Photo
    man you've come along way since i last checked the site!

sounding good though, i'm feeling it, although i was expecting some more 'epic' parts coming from you.

check out my band man, recordings are poo but still, second song is the better of the two

http://www.myspace.com/mythofatlantis
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    not really music related, but it was interesting to say the least:]

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=aofHCmvSknE
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Ya' know, I found a lot of music while I was away from NE. I guess you could say I really opened up in terms of what music I listen to. (I'm not a cranky classic rock guy anymore.)

And I gotta say, after listening to you guys a second time....I think I like it. That's about as much screaming as I can handle, but I still think it's pretty good. Hopefully I'll be able to find Dialogues the next time I go to the mall. (Newer bands are pretty hard to find, though. They could do with some more foreign music, too...)
    haha thanks dude!
    sorry i wasnt able to reply sooner. i've been in the studio for the past week, and my laptop was out of commission.

i'm really glad you dig it.

however, we have some HUGE changes now.
    we let go of our other guitarist Bobby for many many reasons. [he was the caveman looking one with the creepy cheekbones and large head]
    i'm not the type of guy to defame and talk behind others backs, but he was very very untrustworthy and hypocritical in a lot of ways. not to mention he tried to hook up with every one of our girlfriends.
    there is a lot of things that he did and is still doing, that caused our band to appear very hypocritical and fake to a lot of people. we didnt agree with his lifestyle, and were forced to let him go.
    yes we're a Christian band. but as far as i'm concerned, Christianity isn't a 'set of rules' or anything of the sort. we're not the judgemental type.
    however, we believe that if you claim to be one thing on stage, you better be living out that same lifestyle on a day to day basis off the stage as well.

so with all of that said, we have a new guitarist.
    he's very very talented, has amazing equipment, clicks with us very well personality wise, shares the same beliefs and mindsets, and isnt a dishonest hypocritical manwhore:]

because of our new guitarist and his playing style, our musical flow has vastly improved. our music is now much more technical on many levels, but still retains the same feel as what we're known for.
    no more open drop b chugging breakdowns:]

as for an update on the band:

-today we completed all of the instrumental tracking for all 10 of the songs on the album.
    -we shot new promos last night with our new line-up.
    -the tentative release date for our full length is set for 1/1/11
    -talks with prospective labels is going very very well.
    -we will be touring the US a lot next year.
    -we will be launching our official website in the coming month.

things are looking good so far!
    thanks so much for the interest. i cant wait to show you guys our new music:]

-Josh
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    Great news man. Keep praying and playing for God and you guys will be just fine. I'm trying to get into a band myself, but I got some work to do.
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    Dude so I'm at UM right now and I'm in the music industry club. We're trying to get together some local bands to play a show somewhere around here. Would you guys be down?
    ^ dude yes! sorry about the late reply, i didnt notice it for some reason.
    shoot me a message or talk to me on facebook if you want.

http://www.facebook.com/joshmillerfl

but for the rest of you, check out this video update from our show last weekend in melbourne lol. its fairly pointless, but if you want to see us playing live, just fastforward to about 4:10.
    the amp with the pink upsidedown crosses is not ours. it belongs to the headlining band, extinction. it was backlined behind us, and we couldnt really do anything about it lol

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=cfqCH8xgPYA
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    Btw, just googled you guys, got a ton of results for mp3's of your stuff. Im gonna have to check this out when i get home (at school, youtube and facebook are blocked by the admins here so i cant click your links atm). From the stuff I've seen since looking you guys up, it seems like a style I might be into. I like Bullet For My Valentine, Avenged Sevenfold, Linkin Park, and others, but the reviews suggest this is something I could get into. I'll check it out later and letcha know :)

On a side note, this thread is on the first page of listings if you google your band :p
    ^ hahaha yeah i noticed that.

but yeah man, we only have three tracks online right now, and they're just demos.
    we have a 12 song album coming out soon. we've tracked everything but vocals, which is what we're working on now.
    so as soon as those are finished, its just post-production and the mastering process before we're done.

you can expect some brand new music in a month or so:]
  • Kumba%s's Photo

Dude so I'm at UM right now and I'm in the music industry club. We're trying to get together some local bands to play a show somewhere around here. Would you guys be down?

UM as in University of Miami? If so awesome, I think im the only NE person ever from Miami-Dade county and that's pretty crazy considering the population here. So yeah if we can get to Josh to go maybe we have a mini-meet to hit up Boomers and go on the Hurricane?

In topic related news I will be getting your album for sure when it comes out even if it's not a kind of music I know anything about, oh and those shirts looked awesome :mantis:
    http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pNAbjQZfp7w

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=0ANo3doZsjo

:]
    Check this out! We just played a show last night in Fort Lauderdale with about 300 people in attendance. It was the best stage and sound we've ever had at a venue.
    Heres a video from the performance.

http://www.youtube.c...n_order&list=UL

This is just the last two songs. If you want to see the others, just check the channel;]
  • Timothy Cross%s's Photo
    Hey Josh,

Get hardcore deep into GOD. Screaming about GOD will be even so much more intense.He's GOD, man!

"In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God". - John 1:1

THIS IS INTENSE!
    ^if our camera dude would have filmed the 2 minutes or so prior to this song, you would have heard my vocalist speaking about how God changed his life and brought him out of a lifetime of heavy drug addictions and abuse.
    we make our music for a purpose. we wont ever shove our beliefs down your throat, but we are very upfront and unapologetic about our faith in our music.

thanks though man, i'm glad you liked it.

^if our camera dude would have filmed the 2 minutes or so prior to this song, you would have heard my vocalist speaking about how God changed his life and brought him out of a lifetime of heavy drug addictions and abuse.
    we make our music for a purpose. we wont ever shove our beliefs down your throat, but we are very upfront and unapologetic about our faith in our music.

thanks though man, i'm glad you liked it.

And you should not be apologetic about your beliefs. If you believe in Christ: You KNOW it's the difference between Heaven and Hell. If you still do not believe (which is due to pure depravity and ignorance)... it is still between Heaven and Hell. And nonbelievers go to hell.

So yes, you should include damaging screams into the ears of your hearers in which 'JESUS IS LORD, MOCKED AND SCORNED...SOONER OR LATER.... HE'S YOUR L O R D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

That'srightguesswhat? DO Shove Christianity down the throats of man. Wish no soul to hell. Join us 'Christians' I say to you NE, in heaven...

nowhere else. Please, for the love I have for you, nowhere else.
    calm down a bit buddy haha.
    as christians, it is our goal to love as Christ loved. not to judge others.

however, this video has much better audio quality:]

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=d0lG-iFE6H8
    To clarify, I am Calvinist (If you know about this expository interpretation of the Bible). That would explain my stance on 'evangelism' (even doing so on a website). (Examples above, readers).

Regarding the link, I'll comment tomorrow. I am tired and going to bed.

Keep rocking though, Josh. Christian music SHOULD be the most hardcore of all music. Always know this.

Sorry for the late response... just checked out the vid.

It was kinda hard to make out the sound, but it had my head bob'n'. Your singer seems better than I remember. You guys can really rock a stage. Good stuff.
    haha thanks man. yeah we've all improved very much.
    since kicking out our previous guitarist, we've started playing to a click track and have all of our samples perfectly synced up. therefore we're much much tighter as a band.
    he's always been a great vocalist, but i think this is the first video you can actually hear him pretty clearly in lol.

but thanks dude. we're working hard:]
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Glad to see I'm not the only guy in a hardcore band thats into roller coasters :p sounds good man!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading