Related Games / Cedar Plains

• fraroc%s's Photo
    Year 1988

Hello, everyone! My name is Andrew Wyatt and I am an aspiring journalist! My passion in life is definatly writing, wether it be a college thesis, or a superhero fanfiction I just LOVE writing! I hope that one day, I can join the local newspaper and write for them! Also, I am a HUGE fan of Amusement Parks and Roller Coasters. I am, like the biggest adrenaline junkie EVER!! Any coaster, Wood or Steel I will love it! That is why I have decided I would like to write about amusement parks!

However, My first peice of coaster history I am writing about is a little less than happy. My home park, Oregon Adventures went bust and is now for sale. Oregon Adventures is a medium sized amusement park that has 4 roller coasters! 3 big coasters and 1 kiddie coaster. Lets take a tour of this park!

Posted Image
    Here is a full size overhead of the entire park!

Posted Image
    Now known as the Cowboy Land, This was all the park was when it opened in 1967 as Wild West World. All it had was a Wild West Show, A themed Ferris Wheel and a Buffalo Merry Go Round ride. The Original attractions still exist to this day.

Posted Image
    This is the ride that changed the park forever in 1969. The Golden Nugget Mine Ride coaster was built by Arrow Development. It features long swooping drops, an underground section and the finale, The steepest drop on the coaster.

Posted Image
    This ride was built in 1987 by Intamin AG. It is called the Jr. Mine Train and It is powered by a disel engine in the train. Its the perfect coaster for small children.

Posted Image
    This thrill machine was built in 1977. Octane is a direct clone of King Cobra at Kings Dominion. It is the second ever launched coaster. It occupies the Main Midway area. On a more personal note, this is pretty much my favorite coaster ever!

Posted Image
    The Forest Trail area is a somewhat more recent area built. Like the main midway, It features an array of cool attractions!

Posted Image
    Forest Trail is also home to Dinn's famous Forest Flyer coaster! It is currently the tallest and the fastest in the entire park and it is a favorite among coaster freaks!

Posted Image
    The Oregon Adventure skyline.
  • verti%s's Photo
    Much, much better than what you had. Still try and fill it up a bit more with theming though; bare grass basically shouldn't be around more than an actual built environment, especially not in an area like a midway.
  • Welshcraft%s's Photo
    No experiance at all, Lack of buildings I see.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    build shit in place.
  • fraroc%s's Photo
    give me ACTUAL advice this time. Ill try to keep it all in mind.
  • Lowenaldo%s's Photo
    we gave you ACTUAL advice last time and you did not take any of it
  • fraroc%s's Photo
    Im playing nice right now so give me some advice!
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    Have you ever seen this in a real theme park?

Posted Image

Like, seriously? Come on now, you say that you visit theme parks and get inspiration from them, so use that inspiration and build something that you would find in a theme park.
  • Bolliger & Mabillard%s's Photo
    Good job, fraroc, you just need buildings. And show us the destruction of Indiana Funland.
  • fraroc%s's Photo
    well theirs plenty of time to update the scenery for this current park..
  • Welshcraft%s's Photo

well theirs plenty of time to update the scenery for this current park..

Try and download CS heres the ones I reccomend

Dasmatze sets and CTR
    all shyguys
    old-spices sets
    mobys steel jungle
    Hangar set
    Medevil set if you are going for medevil style

thats all I can think of and next time LISTEN TO OUR ADVICES AND CRITISMS YOU NOOB!!!!

keep it up
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    It's the same thing all over again....plop a couple of weak layouts down onto flat grassland, add a couple of flats, a few randomly placed trees and some dead-end paths and you have yourself an amusement park. C'mon dude, if you want anyone to take you even halfway seriously you need to put some thought and actual effort into your shit. Look at the imaginatively named "Jr. Mine Coaster", it was supposedly built some time ago yet it has no trains, no.....well, no nothing. Just because you actually built a tiny mountain and added a couple of ponds doesn't make this any better than Indiana Funland.
  • MF72 %s's Photo
    Um, wow. I don't even know what to say.

K0NG pretty much sums it up.
  • JoeZia%s's Photo

Well maybe if you guys could be nice as aposed to acting like mentally retarted fools who want to grow up as gangsters with shit hanging out their pants.... I really have nothing to say butr this topic is hilarious! lol I be stupid those who are stupid, be smart those who have AT LEAST a half functional brain. My god. You people are insane. His park is good considering he actually did anything at all with all the bullshit vommiting out the mouths of you guys.. Those who are cocky, I hope you lose you cocky.
    /
    c== / ==3
    /

• In:Cities%s's Photo
    fraroc- build scenery

joezia- dont call anyone else insane. thats a bit strange coming from you.

everyone else- be nice
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    joezia, whats with all the random symbols etc at the bottom?
  • fraroc%s's Photo
    So, Should I close up all the paths? Like connect Cowboy Land to Forest Trail?
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    Right now your foliage is off. Try making packs of trees with plenty of lowlife plants and flowers. a forest isn't just trees. Or just fill up the whole map so there won't be bare grass. Oregon isn't just a bare flat space with almost no foliage.

What the hell is that thing on that launched coaster?? ( The big block of concrete ) it looks horrendous replace it with those supports and that coaster will look.. Decent

Small coasters like your jr.mine coasters require a lot of theming. Hell I wouldn't wanna ride just a weak ass coaster
    with nothing to entertain me. Add a station building, more trees, and theming. A station that includes the tracks above the station so the track other then the station track goes in and out of the station building.

Your mainstreet has no buildings. CD5's park has lots of buildings on the main street.. Make it look like that without not making it look like exactly like his..

And all you other guys giving him hard time go to hell.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    A good help to see how paths are layed out in parks in google earth and bingmaps, this'll also give you an idea of the logical placement of structures and why they are in their specific locations...
  • fraroc%s's Photo

What the hell is that thing on that launched coaster?? ( The big block of concrete ) it looks horrendous replace it with those supports and that coaster will look.. Decent

http://www.rcdb.com/667.htm?p=6099

Its supposed to be that tower thingie on the older Schwartzkopf Shuttle Loops. .

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading