Related Games / Cedar Plains

• verti%s's Photo
    If I have some time tomorrow, I'll crack open Photoshop and paint over a few of your screens to give you an idea of which direction you could take this in.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

joezia, whats with all the random symbols etc at the bottom?

I think it shows someone's well, you know, getting cut in half.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    I think it's time we point out that your problem isn't only one involving your parkmaking, but also your ability to take decent screenshots of your work, and it's actually all boils down to one thing:

What do you want me to look at?

Posted Image
    The Oregon Adventure skyline.

Here's your "skyline", or at least that's what you're trying to show me. What I see is almost 2/3 empty grass on an empty plain that's almost as endless as it is endlessly boring. What's worse is that the focal point of the picture is a single lonely yellow tree that covers up half the "skyline" that you were trying to get me to look at. So are you trying to show me the tree, or the park?

Posted Image
    Here is a full size overhead of the entire park!

Now let's look at this problem in your park overview. What's the focal point of the park? What do you want your park centered around from both our perspective and the guests? I'd say it should be the lake, but you have nothing that comes close to lake. Not a ride, not a path, not a food booth, not a tree. It seems like you're trying to use the wooden coaster down the way too long, way too straight, and way under-utilized midway as a focal point, at least from the entrance, but beyond the problems I just mentioned, it's not centered, it's not visible from more than one spot in the park, and there's no access to it beyond the boring path I've already mentioned.

Posted Image
    The Forest Trail area is a somewhat more recent area built. Like the main midway, It features an array of cool attractions!

All that being said, this is the first screen you've showed with any kind of potential. despite it being over simplistic and and flat, there's a sense of perspective, a sense of scale, immersion. There's an attraction in the foreground, and a great view of the coaster's lift hill, outlined by the trees. This is exactly what you want to go for, but from EVERY spot in the park. This is the kind of place you would want to walk, and that's the kind of screen I'd like to see.

I wouldn't be caught dead going to a place like this:
    Posted Image
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    Yeah, and why is the only texture you use is grass?
  • nin%s's Photo
    If you guys (not all, as some actually are helpful) hate it so much then why post?
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    ^Personally, I don't actually "hate" it yet. I was merely pointing out that he's starting this out almost exactly the way he did with his previous topic...which turned into 17 pages of idiocy.

And Zia, what the FUCK are you on?
  • Welshcraft%s's Photo
    The mountain needs smoothing too.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    MA just summed it all up.. Nothing more to say lol..

and fraroc it doesn't matter. That screen you showed me had no resemblance to your screen. Just replace it with custom supports, it'll looks tons better.
  • fraroc%s's Photo
    Year 1988

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: CEDAR FAIR L.P BUYS OREGON ADVENURES

Posted Image

Cedar Fair L.P, based in Sandusky OH has bought a medium sized amusement park in Corvallis, Oregon. The Company has bought the Twenty-One year old park for a price of $2,000,000USD. The park already has 4 roller coasters and Cedar Fair plans to add 3 more major roller coasters in the park, along with one more children's area. "We are very excited about the bright future ahead for this park!" quote the pormer Park Manager "We simply cannot wait until this park grows once again!" There are also rumors flying around that the name will be changed From Oregon Adventures to Cedar Plains. CF is debating about a name change, but its all but confirmed

• That Guy%s's Photo
    Bad idea. You would be much better off just making up a company and using your own ideas, then trying to be a Six Flags or Cedar Fair park, or god forbid Disney. Not only are timeline parks difficult to do, but a timeline park about a major chain park, that's also in the PAST will require a lot of knowledge about the company and the period of time your park is in if you expect it to be realistic, and to be very frank you just don't have the skill for that yet.

Seriously, stay away from a major chain park or this will turn into another 17 page disaster.
  • fraroc%s's Photo
    The thing is, I havent really been to any six flags parks or even disney! All the parks I have been going to in my 17 year life were family owned, Hershey or Cedar Fair. And I have been to dorney about 7 times and I just went to Cedar Point a month ago, So I kind of got the Cedar Fair atmosphere in my head.
  • yocoaster%s's Photo
    This shud be muy intersante...
  • That Guy%s's Photo
    Just because you're inspired by Cedar Fair doesn't mean you have to make it a Cedar Fair park. I mean, already you've done something Cedar Fair would never do, and that is buy a fucking theme park in Oregon.
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    Fraroc, making a "chain" park will most likely end you up in the same spot a timeline park did. It's good that you are inspired by Cedar Fair parks as they have an amazing family atmosphere, but you don't need to make your park owned by CF to capture that same atmosphere.
  • verti%s's Photo
    I'm not even going to bother with that paintover now, really.

I think you should develop your own style before trying to copy someone else's.
    I don't understand why you're all so critical of this guy. Trying to explain it won't help me to understand any more, either. You all need to let it go if it's bothering you this much.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    Damn it fraroc if u just made it ur own park nobody would complain about cedar fair would never do this and that etc.. You already have a hellotta to improve but this is not one of them
  • fraroc%s's Photo
    Year 1989

OREGON ADVENTURES REOPENS AS A CEDAR FAIR PARK

Hello! This is Andrew Wyatt again, I was just at Oregon Adventures reopening! I gotta tell you the park was super crowded! The lines were so long, but I diddnt ride anything, I just wanted to see my favorite amusement park in the world operate again! Mabye If I take another trip I can get on some rides.

Posted Image
    It seems every nook and crannie in the park was full of peeps!

Posted Image
    A lot of them couldnt wait to get on roller coasters like Octane again!

Posted Image
    The most popular flat ride in the entire park was Space Loops, Just look at that line!

Posted Image
    Some peeps wanted a ride on a classic woodie like Forest Flyer

Posted Image
    And others wanted a Family-Friendly adventure on the Golden Nugget Mine Ride!

More exiting news, the park actually confirmed a new attraction for 1990! No one knows what it is, but I can tell you one thing.

Posted Image
    This particular view of the park WILL change drastically!
  • yocoaster%s's Photo
    Well I see you took better pictures of your attractions, and if it wasn't for the lack of atmosphere, it could pass for real... I still see sme SFSC characteristics even in this park, but only on a level that shows what influences you. The wooden coaster design is a helluva lot better than that Derecho Flyer thing, and it iis improvement fro m ur last park...

However, you still aren't taking too much advice :-/. The scenery still is...well nonexistent....lyk if I had that much critique, on MY current park, I would take that shit all in! I'm just sayin...
    Infinitely better picture taking.

The park looks a hell of a lot better now that you filled it with trees, but the problem is that you just filled it with trees. Get some buildings in there and something that would actually contribute to a theme.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading