(Archive) Advertising District / MCI at work

• MCI%s's Photo
    Hey Guys!
    I want to show you my current projects here in this topic. I´m playing without CSO´s and 8Cars!!!

At the moment I´m working on a Intamin Coaster called "The Old Age". The theming will be placed in the european middle ages.

Today I finished the station-area.
    Attached Image: Old Age 1.jpg
    Attached Image: Old Age 2.jpg

The next step will be the supports for the Lifthill and the rest of the track. There also will be a lake under the 225° helix behind the firstdrop (I´ll show it to you the next time :p)

greetings from Germany :D
    MCI
  • djbrcace1234%s's Photo
    You have a nice start here I think. :)

Great job so far MCI!
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    ^Agreed. Some really nice NCSO going on here, this could turn out to be quite good.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Yeah, it has a nice rustic feel to it, and that I like. Nice job.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    Great Job so far.
  • MF72 %s's Photo
    That is awesome.

Really well done, MCI. I always love the rustic feel with NCSO.
  • MCI%s's Photo
    @djbrcace1234, KONG and Jaguarkid140: thank you :) good to hear that this is not too bad for NE...

@Fizzix and MF72: This rustic feel is why I´m playing only NCSO! thank you :D

I have one new pic. I´ve supported the rest of the track but I´m not 100% pleased with it...
    As you might see, I cancled the lake because I changed my Mind. Maybe there will be a lake at another place around the track, but definitely not under the helix XD
    Attached Image: Supported No.1.jpg

good night from germany!
    MCI :lol:
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    I'm not so sure about the supporting. How about supporting the whole thing with wooden supports or either supporting it with ride tracks
  • MCI%s's Photo
    Thanks for your comment! ;)
    Well I´ll not use ride tracks for supports simply because IMO Track-Supports have nothing to do with NCSO! I don´t like them (ok I don´t like the 8Cars at all^^)
    I think it must be possible to built good looking steelsupports only with NCSO and without the 8Cars.

I changed some of the supports and I think it looks ways better than before...
    Attached Image: Supported no.2.jpg
    I hope they´re better than the old ones?

MCI
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    Rcdb.com

Check it out, and learn supporting styles
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    Hmm.. Try on setting with one kind of supports. Diffrent variety like that messes the screen up
  • MCI%s's Photo
    @ChillerHockey33: I allready knew this site and I searched for good support pictures before building the track it selfe... The problem is that I just don´t get the idea in my head into rct2...

@Dotrobot: Yeah, I changed it into one kind of supports. The Steelstructur like on the old Arrows.

Attached Image: House in a helix.jpg
    Hope you like it...

MCI
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    Very nice. But foliage looks too sparse or in other words too spread out. The shrubs. Make them compact and close together. I love the rustic feeling of the park as stated above.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    I still dont like the supports. You said youre going for something like the old Arrow coasters, but other than at the base of the first drop, I dont see any supports that look like Arrow supports.

The coaster layout looks fine tho.

-Taylor
  • MCI%s's Photo
    thank you two!
    @dotrobot: I hope my translater worked right and i´ve changed the things you told me^^

@tdub96: Yeah, I want it look a little like the old arrows or for example the supports on old Intamins like Millenium Force or Superman ride of steel (bizarro now?) I found an picture from "Superwirbel"(Germany)
    Attached Image: supp..jpg

I changed some supports at the first drop and (a little bit)the vegetation around the house.
    Attached Image: firstdrop supps..jpg

greets
    MCI
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    Did not know there was a new update. It looks great! Everything does.

If you wanna do those supports. I recommend making them square and thick.

Instead of just thin and flimsy.
  • posix%s's Photo
    A good attempt MCI. Always so good to see people using pictures.
  • MCI%s's Photo
    Thank You two!
    @dotrobot: Do you mean more like this on the lift?
    Attached Image: Village.jpg
    I also added a little village/street under the lifthill. Hope you like it.

MCI
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    Yes much much better!
  • Hex%s's Photo
    Whoa, that's really nice. With no custom scenery? I don't know how you put your mind to do so with no custom scenery.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading