(Archive) Advertising District / Announcing Project 5HiNE

• Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Personally I like the Aztec area just the way it is. Sure it's very flat but it's also different than other Aztec sections and the coaster looks like a lot of fun. It has just enough detail to look good too, if you add more it'll start to get crowded. So I vote you keep it the way it is now.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    I agree with Ed, leave the Aztec area as it is as it is great!

The entrance area is fantastic too!
  • mantis%s's Photo

Personally I like the Aztec area just the way it is. Sure it's very flat but it's also different than other Aztec sections and the coaster looks like a lot of fun. It has just enough detail to look good too, if you add more it'll start to get crowded. So I vote you keep it the way it is now.

Flat?? I don't understand how that is flat :X
  • Ablaze%s's Photo

EDIT: CRCTN, you know I don't like your style and "Xolotl" (sp?) doesn't look like an Aztec theme to me honestly. I'm glad that you are the only one who actually seemed to be willing to help but please not by saying, "look at my work!". That's a little cocky if you ask me...

You can think what you like, but I really think that is too bare. I mean that’s worse than Prince and they call his work bare which was why I gave you that link because my Aztec stuff isn’t bare. But obviously you couldn’t care less, which doesn’t bother me.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo

Flat?? I don't understand how that is flat :X

Sorry flat isn't exactly what I meant. There is a lot of height variation but while most do cliffs with rocky terrain, the terrain here is more tiered, made up of stacked flat surfaces. I think this method looks great when used well so it looks great here but some people seem to think everything should be rocky or angular and don't go for it. I think that's what people may not like about it -- that it's essentially a bunch of flat surfaces stacked together with sparse use of theming objects. But I like it even more because of how sparse it is. It's simple and effective in an IOA Hollywood kind of way. Hopefully that makes more sense for you mantis ;)
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Yup, definitely :) Raised flat surfaces are what it's all about - anyone'll tell you *L* Even though IOAH was very jagged, the bareness did help.

CRCTN - I think he does care, it's just that saying all Aztec areas should be busy with theming etc is a bit limiting. Anyway, both styles do it for me, so I don't mind :)
  • posix%s's Photo
    Coaster Ed, I do totally agree with you. I got into bareness lately. Look at "Horstmann Labs" ;)
    And I actually was inspired alot by Schuessler's IOA.
    I'm glad people do notice that... even if only two or three...
    I was a little shocked too when reading the word "flat" as some of the buildings can't be edited as RCT complains they are 'too high' ;)

I mean that’s worse than Prince and they call his work bare which was why I gave you that link because my Aztec stuff isn’t bare.

uhm, what's wrong with you?
    If I got that right you are saying that you're better than Prince and that his work (which you devalue) would be better than mine in this park.
    Aren't we being a bit harsh, hm?
    I better won't drop my opinion about Prince, you and me now ;)
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    Actualy Posix, I think you have your wires crossed.

CRCTN was saying it is more bare then Prince's work and was suggesting you look at his which isn't bare.
  • mantis%s's Photo

I was a little shocked too when reading the word "flat" as some of the buildings can't be edited as RCT complains they are 'too high'

If you want them to go any higher then build coaster track above the squares you want to be raised and then bury them (I had to do that in the Wannabe Collaboration....I got the land up to level 40 there, but you can go a lot higher).

Just a tip if you need it. And I think that the whole argument here is a bit fruitless. Differences of opinion don't need to be turned into arguments, so meh. I've done it in the past, but it's never achieved anything.
  • Twisted%s's Photo
    Mesa opinion changing!
    The more I look at that last screen the more I like it.
    Once again I don't know why.

Well...still love the park and can't wait for more screens.

Keep up the great work!

:w00t:
  • Pym Guy%s's Photo
    lovin the screens guys!
  • sacoasterfreak%s's Photo
    The trees in the aztec screen look like theyve been too carefully placed, a little more random look would improve the situation. Im thinking that the buildings are a bit too tall, and too grand to be built by a bunch of ancient mexicans... not all buildings were stone, only temples and important buildings, and they usually built on low lying flatlands...
  • GuestLittle Wilso%s's Photo
    The first two screens are awesome! but i personally dont like the third. It just doesnt look right......Maybe its just me! Again love the first two. They have a good feel to them and the architecture looks really good.

:et: Turned :et:
  • Nic%s's Photo
    I love the African zone! It just looks so muddy, and well, African! The layout and mixture between the buildings and trees is brilliant. Looking forward to the coaster.

The Aztec zone is damn nice, very layered and I love the heightened theming. However I think you need to break up the paths a bit, put bones on them or something. They look far too blocky at the moment.

Very nice.
  • Prince%s's Photo
    why do we other parkmakers even try...

~Prince Ashitaka~ 8@
  • posix%s's Photo
    Time for an update.
    I've finished the aztec section and thank everyone who has suggested something on how to make it better. It helped me alot and I appreciate your advice.
    Here's a new and last screen of it. This time a little bit more "inside" as the last screen showed only the adventure ride.
    Again,
    constructive comments wanted.
    --- > http://xsectorinc.ho...iles/aztec2.gif

About banners saying "happyland"; I'm not yet done with naming.

At the moment, x-sector is finishing the entrance and both of us will later on most likely go for abstract themes.
    I guess it'll take a while before new screens are available, sorry.
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    It looks like it has a nice atmosphere.
    I think the building in the middle seems a little blocky (not much variation in shape on that one)

Overall its hard ot say because the screen is mainly path but yeh altogether so far NICE !!
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    Looks nice especially the atmosphere. The buildings aren’t my style and I am not keen on them but that’s how Aztec buildings should be done. Just when I am doing Aztec stuff I like to have big buildings with windows. There is quite a lot of path there so not much to be seen, tell ya you can always show another screen of that African area.
  • Final Standing%s's Photo
    Too much brown pathing. I think it'd look better if it had lighter colored pathing.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Just add some bushes in the middle of the pathing to break it up a little and it'd look magnificent.

Good job!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading