(Archive) Advertising District / Cedar Point

• wheres_walto%s's Photo
    I admit, while it might not be all that original anymore, I've been inspired recent recreations and decided to try my hand at my favorite coaster in my home park: Raptor at Cedar Point.

Posted Image

I believe I've got the layout nailed aside from one spacing difference (before the final corkscrew) but that won't change. Comments welcome, finished screens within the next few days.
  • Comet%s's Photo
    There's a lot you can improve
    The whole area after the zero-g and before the first corkscrew is kind of messed up. Mainly after the cobra roll the track travels over the exit to the zero-g, not under it. And the drop out of the MCBR could use some work

http://www.rcdb.com/1.htm?p=6

Then the turn goes between the loop and first drop there's no track underneath the first drop

http://www.rcdb.com/1.htm?p=8200
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo

Then the turn goes between the loop and first drop there's no track underneath the first drop

This is the part I was talking about, in order to have the final corkscrew and helix aligned properly underneath the lift hill, I made that spacing adjustment.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    first drop would look better with a tighter turn
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Sorry, but recreation or not that is a horrible layout. Too tight turns, to wide turns, ugly straight pieces and unsmooth transitions all over the place...
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    In my opinion, the cobra roll looks terrible in that scale compared to the loop.

I remember when Gee was recreating the park, he was stuck on this ride and there were tons of critiscm about his layout, but I think in the end his product was pretty close to the real thing. May wanna check that out.

This too, is one of my favorite rides, so I'll be following this one. Good luck WW.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    i redid a perfected raptor layout that never saw the light of day with the help of phatage and some others
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    care to post these perfected layouts even only in screens geewhzz, this is the second time you post something like this and made me curious again,

WW I think the scale is off in the whole layout and lacks the flow the real ride has...
  • JDP%s's Photo
    everything looks off. scale wise anyway
    -JDP
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    raptor is a fucking awesome coaster. anyway, it seems OK until you stretch the zero g out too much. It looks good aesthetically, but it throws the rest of the design off. The drop out of the brake run is a bit funky too. If you mess with this a bit I'm sure you can clear up that large flat section on the way back. maybe also move the corkscrew farther along, and make the track go up to it to make it seem bigger.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Haha gotta love Gee, seriously loving his comments at the minute <3
  • Insanity%s's Photo
    I can picture someone flying out of the train on the cobra roll.
  • Sephiroth%s's Photo
    Maybe try something closer to this?

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • gijssie1234%s's Photo
    where are the coaster trains ? i think its to big, maybe a little bit smaller..;D
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    Posted Image
  • rct2isboss%s's Photo
    Woah, I can feel the atmosphere through my computer.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    ^Same, that looks awesome. Hopefully the rest of the layout is up to this par here.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    This should be helpful:

Posted Image

Also on-ride POVs like this one on YouTube can be a HUGE help!

That screen you just posted is really awesome. As said, the atmosphere is fantastic. Still the first layout you posted has some real issues imo. You need some type of dip and maybe banking when it exits the station, some straight into and out of the loop, a lot of straight track into a large cobra roll and a bit more coming out, then the twist into the mcbr should be wrapping around the drop after the z-g-roll and finally at the end id go with the game's helix stacked up without banked turns.

Then again that's just off looking at pics and videos. When doing a full rec like this you might need to make adjustments in-game. Best thing to do is place landmarks as you make the layout. Seems you have the Q in-place which is great. This wll be a tricky one tho, the station and end breaks are pretty much diagonal to the lift which might be the biggest obstacle for you.

I went on Raptor like 3x on my lone trip to CP, so I really can't wait to see how this comes out! :)
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Yea the layout looks quite bad still...
  • JDP%s's Photo
    ^what he said
    -JDP

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading