(Archive) Advertising District / Cedar Point

• RMM%s's Photo
    yea, unbelievably believable.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Looks exactly like the real thing, and not just the ride. The stalls are spot on and so is the kiddie rapids next to maXair. I've been to CP twice this year and it looks perfect, kudos.
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    This is still alive and I've been quite busy on it lately, unfortunately no finished screens at this time. Stay tuned.
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    So I guess everyone missed the horrible pre-lift portion of the layout being no where near accurate?

Everything else looks great, but please... Fix that.
  • coasterfreak101%s's Photo
    It's either have the horrid pre-lift, or scrap all realism for the queue and rest of the layout. Raptor's lift is on a slight diagonal, which gives it the space to do the ending helix and to contain the queue. So for the sake of the rest of the layout and all the surroundings, I don't think a pre-lift is that big of a deal.
  • RMM%s's Photo
    couldn't have said it better.
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Passed the 50 year mark on this today...it's coming. Bonus points for anyone who can explain the funny colored trees so I don't have to.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    lift is over supported and where is the catwalk?
    -JDP
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Aside from the entrance to the Midway Market not being on a 45 degree angle, i think you nailed the post ride area. Kudos.
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    Catwalk is behind the track, it's there just not visible at this angle
  • RMM%s's Photo
    simply awesome work.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    jdp, go back and look at raptors lift hill
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo
    Posted Image

JDP, Raptor's lift does have quite a few supports. I understand the scale is not 100% but if you looked at Raptor from the angle the game is in the supports would look damn close to what he has done.

Anyways, This is coming along amazing. Can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm still not too sure about the layouts that were posted in the past. I have an amazing layout in my CP recreation that I believe is the closest I've seen with RCT's restrictions. Obviously the station and lift are not parallel to one another which is one of the biggest problem for Raptor's recreation.

What I love most about the last screen shot is the catwalk. Finally someone has got a BM Invert lifthill correct. Although I would keep all the angled supports going the same direction. The higher supports do start from the right but the lower half of the supports head back. But truely not a big deal.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

What I love most about the last screen shot is the catwalk. Finally someone has got a BM Invert lifthill correct.

Different B&M Inverts have different catwalks. For this, it is accurate and is correct, however in other instances it wouldn't be. So yes, finally someone has got this style of catwalk correct, but many of the other Inverts in RCT also offer a 100% realistic catwalk.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    damn, didnt know it was that heavily supported (probably since it was built in 94'). glad to see you did your homework on this
    -JDP
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    Still work to be done, but I think this screen captures a lot of the "essence" I'm aiming for with this.

Posted Image
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    I like the work but I dislike the colours, I know you based them off of real life but it's just all to different, clashing and bright for me.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    It's a mess, although each individual component is well done. No cohesion.

I'm not getting the coloured trees either.
  • mardy%s's Photo
    ^& ^^I think it's genius.
  • Chrixz%s's Photo
    @Liampie because of the fall season that's also the main time for halloween look at the gallows smoke and pumpkins

Btw great screen love the colours.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading