Theme Park Discussion / NE's 2012 Construction Topic

• Maverix%s's Photo
    Hot damn...

http://leviathan.can...wonderland.com/
  • gir%s's Photo
    B&M is gettin serious. Though it seems like the layout ends somewhat abruptly--some short airtime hills would be nice at the end, but oh well.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Looks pretty marvelous. I would have rather seen this at Dorney Park, but I do enjoy how the turnaround over the entrance plaza will change the profile of the park and add for great guest interaction at the main gate. It's great to see B&M pushing 300 ft and this could be the dawn of a new breed of beemers. Aside from the extremely long brake run, this looks like a pretty spectacular ride and I believe 2012 will be the rebirth of B&M.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Fucking worst park to put this in good going CF.

But yes its fucking beautiful. B&M being my favourite, and hypers being my favourite build, (See my name and Diamondback rec), This is just amazing.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Well I didn't really see that coming. People have been saying its a Giga for weeks but it just didn't seem to fit. Especially as the parks last coaster was Behemoth. It looks pretty sweet though, It's good to see B&M begin to push their boundaries.

Starry Night Ripper's crazy double Zero-G-Roll thing
    LC12's Dive loop first drop
    Leviathan being a giga
    Dollywoods rumored giant wing-rider

Its finally good to be a B&M fan again :)
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    I think the angle they're trying to go with this is that the different train design along with the height will make it marketable as a totally different ride. That's not to say that it doesn't look too different already; I posted at TPR that the layout is actually pretty similar to Millennium Force, as is apparently the coaster lineup at CW to CP, albeit mostly cheaper versions of the CP rides. Canada really lacks major amusement parks, and I think CF is kind of putting most of their eggs in CW's basket to create more of a destination park rather than a regional one. Still surprising though, even though I could have guessed it would be between 300' and 310' ;)
  • Flap%s's Photo
    Rumors are going that Italy would get the Highest Dive Machine on Earth by his 83,5 metres Dive, so Indeed, We can expect more Extreme Coasters from B&M the next years.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    I like seeing B&M being innovative again, especially with the wingriders recently and now their first giga coaster. This thing looks insane, and I agree, it is very similar to the layout of Millennium Force (80 degree drop, nearly 310ft, overbanked turn after the first drop, etc). So it would be a decent assumption to say that CW does get the watered down CP rides. But this thing doesnt look watered down. Such a great layout, and the projections and computer generated POV are amazing.

Just why would CW add yet another Beemer hyper? Behemoth now a Behemoth on steroids? Just a puzzling decision IMO. It would make more sense if it was an Intamin, but having two Beemer hypers in one park just isnt the greatest decision CF could've made here.

EDIT: Actually, makes me wonder if this coaster was intended for another CF park, say KBF? Maybe the KBF plans fell through and they decided to move it to CW. Just a thought and something to spur discussion.
  • Flap%s's Photo
    Wingrider is a Copy from Arrow, S-S, Intamin AG, Not verry innovative.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    Arrow/S&S makes the 4th Dimension coasters, which are NOT wingriders. Sure, riders do sit on the outside of the track, but the seats rotate for the 4th dimension of the ride. It isnt considered a wingrider for that reason, and the Multi-dimensions layouts are off-the-charts different from a wingrider.

I guess Intamin made Furious Baco, but its an accelerator coaster. The Wingriders feature a full-length, complete circuit coaster with lift hills and multiple inversions. The Furious Baco on the other hand is similar to that of Rita and/or Desert Race in that it is a simple layout launch coaster. Not much to it besides the one inversion.

That being said, in my opinion, the B&M wingrider is innovative.
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    This looks awesome, but what is the point of having 2 B&M's hypers?
  • Flap%s's Photo
    On the IAPAA convention, it says they've copied it to improve better seats only and a better comfort for the riders.
    Nothing more then that.

And ^ Why not having 2 of them?
    2Brothers on the same floor.
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    I never thought B&M would actually build a giga. This looks like a fantastic ride
  • JDP%s's Photo
    you can easily tell this is b&m first giga dude to the lazy, long, spread out brake run. i understand that behemoth needed some company but not another b&m style coaster. I305 was a huge success so it confuses me why they wont put that type of coaster in this park.

as for the ride itself, it's nice and features some nice ejection hills along with some sweet overbanks. i dislike how the drop is only 80 degrees (they should of just done the 90 degree drop to set a standard) and i hate how short the layout is. by looking at this coaster, i still think behemoth is going to rule the park... easily.
    -JDP
  • inVersed%s's Photo

i still think behemoth is going to rule the park... easily.

I disagree. Although from a coaster enthusiasts POV, with knowledge of what defines a good coaster, yes Behemoth is probably the better of the two rides, to the general public numbers and statistics speak louder often and guess will flock to Leviathan more so than Behemoth simply because its taller, faster, longer, and steeper.

I do agree I am a little disappointed that these companies are still not making these first drops on these megacoasters 90 degrees yet. I thought the same thing when I looked at I305 and Texas Giant...
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    I personally don't see the big deal in having two B&Ms in the same park that are similar. As far as I'm concerned, it just makes the park more badass having two rides of this magnitude. Personally, I also think this ride will kick ass. It may be a bit short, but this alone cost $28 million so I can see why they cut it short, but what's there looks insanely badass.
  • JDP%s's Photo

I disagree. Although from a coaster enthusiasts POV, with knowledge of what defines a good coaster, yes Behemoth is probably the better of the two rides, to the general public numbers and statistics speak louder often and guess will flock to Leviathan more so than Behemoth simply because its taller, faster, longer, and steeper.

Talon was such a great success that Dorney followed it up with Hydra, which featured the first "jojo roll" along with the only inclined dive loop in the world. however after working there for years and with it being my home park, most people say Hydra doesnt come close to Talon. while i dont think thats going to be the case here i still think that Behemoth is going to deliver a better all around ride. while the speed and smoothness of Leviathan might be a great selling point, i doubt its going to have the aggressive, intense turns as an Intamin giga would (causing the ride to completely depend on air time). it's really one of those things that we'll have to wait and see but im still very confused on why they're putting in another mega b&m... phatage makes a great point though
    -JDP
  • nin%s's Photo
    *cue wave of RCT b&m gigas....
  • Phatage%s's Photo

I305 was a huge success so it confuses me why they wont put that type of coaster in this park.

People love it as a coaster, yes, but to have to go through a major reprofiling of hundreds of feet of track after it's first season to lessen the number of people blacking out on it, well, maybe you can start to see how it wasn't as great an option this time around for CF. In fact, the last three times CF has built a new Intamin ride (including 305), there have been either issues where the ride had to be reprofiled or very noticeable heavy downtime, whereas B&M has the rep of being the antithesis to that.

The thing that makes least sense to me is why add a $28 million ride in these times, especially when other CF parks are getting cheaper/used rides. I do think that this implies that CP's announcement soon will be a big one though.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    ^Very True nin, ahaha.

Thing is huge!! Brake run is taller than most coasters, for crying out loud. But this thing is extremely, offbeat. With Behemoth and all. Love the animations though. Hope RCT4 is like that ha.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading