Theme Park Discussion / NE's 2012 Construction Topic

• JDP%s's Photo
    i love how six flags continues to go about their business regardless of being in the red. either way, attractions look refreshing in terms of originality
    -JDP
  • Coaster Cow%s's Photo
    That X-car looks gross. The g's are gonna be redonk. Just sayin'.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Turns out its not an X-Car but a premier ride. X-Flight looks superb though

Posted Image
    http://www.themepark...083905#p1083905

Posted Image
    http://www.themepark...083899#p1083899

B&M are having a sweet 2012

Parc Asterix Invert
    Thorpe Park Wing Rider
    Ocean Park Floorless
    Canada Wonderland Giga
    Dollywood Wingrider
    Six Flags Great America Wing Rider

And yet to be announced but expected to both be B&M
    Port Aventura Hyper
    Mirabilandia Dive Machine

Thats some line up
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    That has to be the ugliest coaster I've ever seen.
  • Coaster Cow%s's Photo
    Is that the same layout as The Swarm at Thorpe? The inversions are eerily similar.
    Quoth Wikipedia:

The roller coaster will begin in the station which is a partially destroyed church,[23] and will climb up a 38.6-metre (127 ft) chain lift hill.[1][2] Upon reaching the top of the lift hill, the track inverts riders before they dive down through a large half loop in a similar fashion to a diving loop.[24] The train will then proceed to dive under a wrecked plane and incline into a zero-g roll 30.6 metres (100 ft) above the ground before entering a 23-metre (75 ft) inclined loop.[24] It then enters a turn around with a wrecked helicopter in the centre followed by a corkscrew through the inclined loop creating a near-miss point.[22][24] Upon leaving the corkscrew the train will curve past a crashed fire engine and a partly destroyed church tower[22][24] and enter into a last inline twist before the final brakes of the ride stop the train and guide it back into the station.[19] The ride will feature an on-ride camera somewhere along the course.[4]

• Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Wow, that is one looooong inline twist!
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Swarm will only have four inversions. X Flight will have five.

Superman Ultimate Flight has got to be the weirdest looking coaster I have ever seen. However, it does look like it could be quite a bit of fun. I was expecting a euro but this thing looks like it will provide a pretty good thrill. It looks like it may pull some high g's at the base of that 180 degree dive under the superman sign.

Great America's wingrider looks pretty great. The trains are awesome, IMO. The only thing that brings it down a few notches are the name and theme.

I am most particularly excited for Lex Luthor. Although the sound of Superman going up and down the tower may be hard on the ears, hitting 85 mph and having that much time of free fall is going to be intense. Good move for SFMM getting a flat. However, they may want to install a new coaster soon to withhold their record for most coasters.
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    You American's are lucky you have all the best themepark's ... m&d's is the best park in Scotland & it's a **** hole
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    Swarm has incline loop and immelman, corkscrew and 2 zero-G's
  • SSSammy%s's Photo

You American's are lucky you have all the best themepark's ... m&d's is the best park in Scotland & it's a **** hole

you can say shit here.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    I was mistaken, they both have five inversions. Swarm doesn't have an immelman, X Flight does.
  • nin%s's Photo
    If anyone was wanting to build a Six Flags park, now is the perfect time.
  • Insanity%s's Photo
    wow this morning I hust happened to go to the SFMM site for tickets and found the drop tower... I think It's a pretty good investment, you dont have to spend extra money on a tower because its already there! anyways this just goes to tell you that the future is unpredictable
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    That superman coaster looks very ugly but does look very fun !

That other coaster looks so sweet ! I'd ride that.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    fuck y'all hating on ride innovation.
  • Insanity%s's Photo
    yeah.. SUF looks like the shit I used to make when I first got Nolimits... people who have it know what I mean :p

It seems fun, thrilling, and overall original, just too simple I guess is the word.
  • Phatage%s's Photo

Swarm has incline loop and immelman, corkscrew and 2 zero-G's

1 zero-g and 1 in-line twist, the difference being that the zero-g is on a hill that cancel's out gravity with it's airtime, while the twist has no curvature so gravity will always be applying 1 g in some direction on the rider.
  • Xophe%s's Photo
    I thought SF had no money?!
    The drop tower off Superman will be insaaaaane.
  • In Flames%s's Photo
    They have forgotten Six Flags Mexico :rolleyes:
  • MeMeMe%s's Photo
    And La Ronde...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading