(Archive) Advertising District / Jag's progress thread

• Jaguar%s's Photo
    Okay, so I was just messing around on my park. Any opinions on this?
    Posted Image

Now onto replies:

@ Liampie
    Thank you, and I will.

@ Ling
    I agree that I've overused them, it's a bit of a habit :p . Also, "Prairie" is a real style of architecture as it is one of the first indigenous American styles. Where I live, buildings of that style are quite common.

@Ruben
    That woodie has been supported for a long time, I would change it if I weren't so stubborn :( . My park also looks residential, but that was my goal to make it appear as a village. The other section of the park will be much more sparse and contain more rides.

@Walto
    Walto, that is a bit irrelevant. I fail to see the connection between Spongebob Squarepants and my park because I'm sure I have improved. Please post something more useful.

@Top Gun
    Thanks

@Wanted
    Same here.
  • Hex%s's Photo
    I'm sure it's been used before, but damn that balloon idea is neat! And the screen looks clean and the atmosphere is just wow. Great improvement in my eyes, Jag.
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    Make the grass the same color as the willow tree. It really stands out in a bad way. And STOP using the Junya Boy concrete path. Mix it up!

Posted Image

Ja, grass and path.
  • Faas%s's Photo
    I agree with walto. You keep using that big concrete paving and you keep using only white trims on all of your buildings. Try building out of your comfort zone.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    @SuicideCarz
    Thanks. The foliage has been here since the creation of the park though

@Walto
    Lol. I just changed most of the grass pieces in the park. Also, I have replaced the concrete path with brick and it looks so much nicer

@Faas
    Have done. Hopefully my new buildings will look more varied and refined.

Also, does anyone want to see an aerial overview of my park? Hopefully this will be finished by the end of the summer.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    I guess not.

Anyways, how is this building? There is a dark ride inside of it.

Posted Image

"This error needs to be destroyed!! ...or atleast painted another color."

Can anyone help me with this?
    Posted Image
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Looks like some pretty decent black holes!
    I'll be gone tomorrow, but I'm sure someone else can solve this!
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    The first screen. I think the building is to simple. Its just a big square. Try and change it up with height variation and also different fronts. Its one building inside for the ride but on the outside add different facades. Its just to boring right now.

Second screen. Dont have a clue about how to deal with black holes. But what i can see in that screen is better from you.

Keep going.
  • Felipe//%s's Photo
    The building is a bit monotonous, It's too large and the facade is too simple and repetitive. Maybe lowering the roof (or rising the detail aro
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    First screen, the building is very boxy and flat-faced. Try adding in some deco pieces and some awnings/ balconies and make it more that just one big rectangle. You're making progress though.

Second screen, try 8cars -> Landscape -> Cap land at max height, then lower it down to the desired height. Should do the trick.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    the building would be better if it connected to a larger facade or at least had a more interesting shape than a box. it feels really disjointed and weird. at any rate, it would probably need a backstage area of some sort. the windows and doors are quite nice, at any rate, if a bit squat. I would add another story (or even two) and then add more buildings to the sides to make it more of a facade. And also add chimneys and a water tower or something to make it more like a factory/warehouse (I assume that's what you're going for)
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    @Casimir
    I've already fixed it. :)

@Scotland
    I probably will change the building as it was a bit rushed. I will vary the facades of the buildings around it to resemble row-houses. It will look more interesting.

The stuff in the second screen has been around for quite awhile and in my opinion, is located in the weakest section of my park.

@Felipe
    The building isn't too large as I placed a tracked ride in it. I actually feel it is too small.

@Maverix
    I will do that. It looks more like a warehouse now. Also thanks on the terrain glitch. This is the second time that has happened to me

@Cocoa
    I agree. It will look better when the buildings around it are finished. About the backstage area, I was actually thinking that, but it would interfere with my plans, plus this is a fantasy park and my goal is to make all of the buildings look genuine.

When I am finished with the surroundings I might add another story but if I did it before then, it would be hard to build as the structure would block the view. My intentions were actually more for a resemblance of an office building. I was not aiming at the cliche contemporary glass box kind but rather an old turn of the century building in the Sullivanesque style of architecture.
  • trav%s's Photo
    The first screen, whilst the actual facade of it is alright, it's just a boring box. Also, please use the thinner brick pieces at the corner, they look so much cleaner in my opinion.

The second screen isn't a black hole, don't worry. I see you've said you've already fixed it, but if you're zero clearancing a lot you'll get them a lot (Just cap land at max height, fixes it every time). I personally get them every 3 or so hours when building at least.
  • posix%s's Photo
    The balloon is a nice idea Jag. The boxy building looks nice, but it's like you didn't design it, the object creator did. Good luck with the black hole.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    Just a quick update:

Well, It has been awhile since I've started working on this. I just want to post this because my computer broken and it will probably be a few months before I can work on this again. I will finish this eventually.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

Okay, so I was just messing around on my park. Any opinions on this?
    Posted Image

I like the how the brush leads back into the woods. You have a good concept of how foliage would naturally grow in What I don't like is that there's a guy mowing the grass there, when there wouldn't be any overgrowth around the edges if that guy was doing his job. Basically decide if this is an area the groundskeepers would be working with or not and stay consistent with that (let it all be overgrown or all manicured.)
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    The dark ride building looks great! Perhaps more rooftop detail and your set. The ballon is awesome.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading