(Archive) Advertising District / Spessart Park

• pierrot%s's Photo
    imo, kumba roof kills atmosphere. others are fine :)

+ oh the cycle ride is damn hot.
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    That monocycle is sex.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    That is almost as awesome as Log Jammer at Six Flags Magic... oh wait.

The walls on that green structure are too thin and the roof is pretty blocky. If you are going to use ruin rocks don't be afraid to zero clearance with them. I am not saying to go Replacements with them but use them to add more texture for sure.
  • Ling%s's Photo

That is almost as awesome as Log Jammer at Six Flags Magic... oh wait.

Oh, too soon...
  • nin%s's Photo
    I was never a big fan of your work Jonny, but ever since the start of H2H6 you've been impressing me more and more with everything you build. This is no exception.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

imo, kumba roof kills atmosphere. others are fine :)

If you mean the red roof I did not make that. Nice work Jonny.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Good theming. You're really improving to interesting levels now. I'm not a fan of the wild mouse monorail thing. Supports are a bit unorthodox, both in shape and colour. Also looks like it had to go through there while not initially intended to.

Would consider removing the mill's flowers. They're a bit out of place there. If the wheel was to be used they'd be blown out by the wind.

On the detailed foliage: It's nice, but don't overdetail it. If you concentrate details, make sure they have their own room to breathe or highlight something special. Fillers must not be super-duper refined tiny objects. When people do that throughout their park it just ends up looking overladen and irritatingly busy.
  • Jonny93%s's Photo
    Thanks a lot for your comments! Your critics are very helpful.
    @Liam: Thanks!
    @Pierrot: I am glad you like the ride, i will take a look on the roof again.
    @Morgan: Thanks!
    @Pacific: I made the wall thicker with deco blocks. You are right with ruins they are really great to add some structure but i dont want to overuse them like we did in h2h.
    @nin: Thanks man, i think i learned a lot from you and the other replacements in H2H.
    @Kumba: Thanks!
    @Posix: The wild mouse monorail is inspired by "Würmlings Express" from Phantasialand. I tried to bring something fresh colours and shapes into the supports on this thing.
    I removed the flowers from the mill and will take a look on the foilage and you are right with your point. Thanks for your feedback.
    Here is a new screen from the new netherlands area:
    Posted Image
    Hope you like it!
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    The flag is upside down! How dare you!

I like how you did the sails. Never seen it like this before. Very good. :)
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Excellent screen Jonny. Especially love the red building in the background. I'm not Dutch, but does anybody else think the darker blue should be used for the flag instead of the light blue? Just a thought.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    ^I agree. Currently it's more of an upside down Luxembourg.

Your screens always have that great feeling which I really enjoy! Good work.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Very nice. Still love the strong theming approach you take. You're definitely the star of the 2011-12 German player generation that popped up in the community.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    ^^ Agreed.

It looks so atmospheric... lovely style.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    This is one of my favorite screens in a while.
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    Too many boats since H2H6. And the problem is só many of them look great that it doesn't even surprise me anymore. This one's no exception to that rule. Although I have to say the ride interaction makes this all the more interesting.

Also, The Netherlands is not upside down Luxembourg. Next time I'll use a German flag we'll actually make it Belgian instead, and call it even, 'key? :bandit:
  • Mr. Coaster%s's Photo
    The flag is not accidentally upside down silly, its merely because the ship is in distress from being attacked by that coaster. Vicious things, those water coasters.

Jonny93- wonderful screen, I love the atmosphere, and the colors are just so......POP! In a good way.
  • MCI%s's Photo

The flag is not accidentally upside down silly, its merely because the ship is in distress from being attacked by that coaster. Vicious things, those water coasters.

:D

Very nice screen Jonny!
    I love this red building behind the ship :)
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Beautiful
  • posix%s's Photo
    So the supports pierce through the ship to reach the ground of the lake ... ?
  • RRP%s's Photo
    maybe the boat is on land

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading