(Archive) Advertising District / Spessart Park

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Or maybe the supports pierce through the ship where a footer reaches all the way to the bottom.

I think RRP is right though. If there wasn't land underneath the ship would've sunk.
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    Love the atmosphere, flattered by the similarities to my H2H ship, not too keen on the supports. The coaster placement is tricky, more often than not the best result will be the one with the most interaction. Here you've chosen a fly-over, which can work well with a suspended coaster, but in this case the track is in the way! Blasting thru something is what I would expect to be the most effective. Really love where you're going with this though, you are improving greatly!
  • Jonny93%s's Photo
    Thanks for this critics. I great to get that much feedback.
    @Liam: First thing i changed after reading your post was to change the colors of the flag. Thanks for your comment!
    @Fizzix: The reason why i used the lighter colors is that i think they fit better with a washed out flag of a sea ship. I am glad you liked the screen.
    @Chorkiel: Thanks!
    @Posix: Thanks a lot. I am glad you like my work. I prefered always a good theming. Especially because we have a lot of inspiration in the german and european park culture.
    @Arjan: Thanks!
    @Austin: I am glad you liked it!
    @Mr. Coaster: I corrected the flag but thanks for your comment!
    @MCI: Thanks!
    @Louis: Thanks!
    @disneylandian: I tried to create a ship with a good mix between track and scenery and i think your one was on the right way. I am glad you liked the atmosphere.

The ship is actually swimming an the footers are on the ground off the lake. The supports go through the ship. Is it better if the ship is on the ground or swimming?

Greets Jonny93
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    I prefer my ships floating. :)
  • Jonny93%s's Photo
    Finally something new:
    Posted Image
  • MCI%s's Photo
    First i thought: wow.
    But then i realized how thin the tree was...
    I mean the idea is genious, but the tree is a bit to thin (in my very own opinion).

lg.
  • Faas%s's Photo
    I think it's very cool.
  • dr dirt%s's Photo
    lower the tree house and make the tree go through it

it looks like a boat from this angle.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Not sure there's much you can do to make that tree thicker, but I think it's good as is. Just needs lights, waste-bins, and benches.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Love the idea. I think it looks great. The top does look like a boat somehow though. Perhaps you can fix that.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    fucking ace as ever man
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    can you rotate another tree one notch and zero clearance it again into that spot? and do that for each rotation? or would that just look silly

nice idea though, and very clean and lovely
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Looks really cool. Maybe a parachute ride might look a little better but it's an awesome idea that's executed well.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    that's really creative Jonny.
    Looks fascinating.
  • Jonny93%s's Photo
    Thanks a lot for your comments!
    I know the tree looks a bit slim but i think the liam tree is the best solution. My previous version was with deco poles, but the new one looks much more natural. I will try to improve the plattform on the top.
    @cocoa: I tried it but its very glitchy, especially when the drop tower is working.
  • posix%s's Photo
    I couldn't agree more with what you said about the natural look of the tree. Making this with deco poles would destroy the idea. I love how you make these choices.
  • Jonny93%s's Photo
    Posted Image
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Glad to see that this is still going.
  • RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    The rocks near the log flume station seem a bit off?
    Other than that, it looks good-
    But, it doesn't feel like you've captured the 'wild west' theme at all. There's too much greenery. The wild west is mainly sand, rocks, and dead bushes...not lakes, grass, and clusters of pine trees. Unless this is themed to the Sierra-Nevadas, and I don't see any snow to imply that.
    Without that totem pole or the title this would just seem like a generic 'rustic' theme...
    Maybe it's just me.
  • BigB%s's Photo
    I think the same about the rocks near the station..
    .. but why has a WW-Theme to be dusty and sad..
    I think this is refreshing and fits the theme perfectly

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading