(Archive) Advertising District / Thorpe Park

• Felipe//%s's Photo
    Absolutely stunning! That catwalk on the lift fits so cool! I loved this 'just-destroyed-,still-nice' vibe on the screen. I don't know much about Thorpe Park, but that seems what Amity Cove truly is. Hmmm.. I'd get rid of these small boxes near the queue entrance, they disrupt a bit of the atmosphere there.
    May we see Stealth next?!
  • JDP%s's Photo
    i really miss this game due to screens like this
    -JDP
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    JDP, I miss this game without you posting screens.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Amazing.
  • JJayMForce%s's Photo
    Awesome Airtime, so colorful and lively. Reminds me of Tidal force in Hershey.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Great atmosphere!
    Nice job on the sunken/skewed building, tho those windows should be skewed too I think..
    How big is the park?
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    We need to work together. Like now.
  • trav%s's Photo
    Looks almost as good as the real thing ;)
  • FredD%s's Photo
    Looks awesome and very recognizable! I'll forward to the next screens.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Thanks for the kind words guys!

Disneylandian and Chorkiel. Odd comparisons. The three parks/players I've actually not looked at whilst building this. I've only looked at about 3 parks for inspiration.

Garfield. No AT full project on the horizon yet but look out for more UK related stuff, Towers included. It's the sort of things I like to build regularly.

JJ, you've already got a preview ticket what more do you want? :p

Pierrot, thanks. I don't think it's being rushed. It's on around year 110 currently. I've spent a load time building this the past month and also a lot of time rebuilding stuff. If I'm not sure it looks good, it's not staying in the park.

Cocoa, hopefully with a greater view of the area it will work a little better.

Felipe, I know what your saying about the boxes. I was looking for better box objects but they seem to be the best, I can't find anything to replace them. And Stealth is the other large attraction that is 99% complete, we might see it next :p

JDP. Wow dude you need to get back to building. I miss your coasters! Thanks for dropping by to comment. I think you'll like the coasters coming up.

Six Frags, thanks. The park is reasonably large. I wouldn't say huge, hard to explain without giving things away. Oh and about the windows, I agree but I couldn't get any slanted windows to look nice so I stuck with these.

Fizzix, drop me a pm if you've got any ideas :p

Trav, it's better than the real thing! Stealth doesn't break down constantly in my park ;)

Next update will most likely be year 150. 100 has been passed.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Looks shit. Start again.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Fuck off Lew.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Oi! Don't make me come downstairs and punch you in the face.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Cat fight!!!
  • J K%s's Photo
    Looks incredible! Really excited for this.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Happy New Year!
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted Image

"Samurai is about to begin, keep your head back and brace yourself for the force of the mighty warrior."

Samurai, one of the most intense flat rides in existence made the jump from Chessington in 2004 and has been providing Thorpe Parks unique brand of thrills ever since.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

This is NOT a recreation just HEAVILY inspired.

I'm not entirely sold on the foliage at the back of Samurai, I may revisit it in the future, I think it's mainly the angle but still. I still need to add peeps into that area as well.

The park is progressing fairly quick. Currently year 132. I've noticed two black holes on the map, one in the middle of nowhere that's thankfully fixed itself and one that's right at X:/No Way Out's entrance which is extremely annoying preventing me from finishing that for the time being.

JK, that's great to hear from you.
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Very nice man. Everything is great except for the arm on the flat it looks like you used paint to add it to the picture but thats no doubt the objects and angle of the screen.

Really like the support work on the coaster and just the general feel of the screen. Cant wait to see more.
  • nin%s's Photo
    YESSSSS. That looks awesome.

The light blue for the main arm is a bit bright though, it's somewhat blinding really. I suggest maybe adding some shade for the queue as well? The foliage isn't bad, it just doesn't look complete. I'm not entirely fond of the blank grass right behind it.

Colossus looks awesome though.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I think the foliage is pretty great for what it's supposed to represent; the only thing that bothers me is the row of three identical trees. Surely there's a fix for that, either replacing one of the trees (the one on the right) or placing a higher 1/4 tree in front of them to break up the row optically.

The coaster somehow fascinates me a lot. I cannot wait to see that one.
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    This looks fantastic. Colossus looks brilliant, I can't wait to see more!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading