(Archive) Advertising District / Thorpe Park

• XCars%s's Photo
    I really think you should change the blue on samurai! But I really, really love where this is going!
  • FredD%s's Photo
    Very nice work! Is the Saw-area coming at another place?
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    I think there's nothing wrong with the colors, it just looks almost real! I'm with liam about the foliage though.
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    The colours are great, the foliage is a little bit boring. The coaster looks awesome, can't wait to see more of it.
  • prodigy%s's Photo
    great screen, but at the custom flat-ride the seats under the arm are missing!
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Colossus looks sexy. Keep up the great work!
  • Louis!%s's Photo

great screen, but at the custom flat-ride the seats under the arm are missing!

There purposefully missing, Samurai has 6 arms evenly spaced in real life, to evenly space 6 arms in RCT is an impossible task, I think Airtime has done the best possible layout of the seating arrangements.
  • Disney Imagineer%s's Photo
    Beautiful park so far. I love the theming and atmosphere of Tidal Wave. Everything looks fantastic. I agree about the trees behind Samurai...maybe some more delicate foliage would be better suited here? Those trees are too big and fat. I look forward to more updates!
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Thanks for the comments guys.

S_F, Nin, Xcars I'm afraid Samurai's arm is the only colour it can be. The severe brightness is due to a light coloured object (crown moulding pieces) being stacked on top of each other. The angle makes it look worse, for behind it's not so bad.

Liam, Pierrot, Dimi, Disney Imagineer, yea I've changed the tree line up behind. I'm much happier with it and it looks far better. That foliage was sub par from the rest of the park and I rushed it to get the screen out, that won't happen again.

Prod, I was waiting for someone to point that out actually. As Louis said it's like that on purpose, due to a real life Top Scan having 6 cars it's hard to get 6 in RCT so 7 spaced like that seems the best option.

Fred, Saw will come in it's normal location. That picture is what the park looks like from around 2004-2007. It's not been built yet...

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's the current map:

Posted Image

In the next few weeks, I'm looking for a few people to create a sort of focus group for me to gauge opinions on a few things. Anyone who has good coaster, UK park or Thorpe knowledge want to take part?
  • trav%s's Photo
    You know I should be in the focus group... ;)
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Fuck focus groups, you have my opinions 24/7 you don't need anything else!
    I like groups. Having never been to Thorpe Park, I may not be exactly what you're looking for but I do enjoy those roller coaster things.
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    I passed Thorpe Park twice a day for 3 years, and visited heavily, but havn't been there since Stealth was the new coaster, so i think you have covered most of the parts i have any knowledge of. But, this is looking fantastic. As i said before, bringing alot of life to some of the older and frankly deader parts of the park.

FK
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^I love that you still have the New Zealand flag :p/>/>

I like groups.

I do too, it makes me feel all special and gooey inside, like i'm the chosen one :bunny:
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    This project definitely has my attention. The first screen on pg 1 is one of the most refreshing RCT2 screens I have seen in a while. I really like the style and slight cartoony-ness to it. Nice work!
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Kumba, cartoony-ness? I always seem to attract that label somehow lol. I think Amity, the area I showed is definitely cartoony so that doesn't help. But that's great to hear from one of the top players :)

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I promised a screen when going past year 150. I'm a little bit past that and I didn't want to show too much so here's a teaser. I might expand this screen later on...

Posted Image

Peeps need to be added.
  • trav%s's Photo
    Already seen it pffft
  • Faas%s's Photo
    Cool.
  • Disney Imagineer%s's Photo
    Looks sweet, I just wish we could see more. Its torture!
    Love it.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading