(Archive) Advertising District / Thorpe Park

• Six Frags%s's Photo
    I love your ll stuff, but I think rct2 suits your style a bit more, as it allows for more fluent path layouts with the diagonals and more a realistic atmosphere with the custom objects.
    So keep going, it has a wonderful themepark atmosphere to it!
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Thanks SF. That's one thing I love about RCT2, the diagonal paths and other objects allowing you to build more fluently and less grid like.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bringing the Fiesta screens into one topic:

The area of Amity Cove:
    Posted Image

Amity Cove, is a New England fishing village with some areas devastated by a huge wall of water, commonly known as Tidal Wave! The area doubled in size in 2006 with the addition of Stealth. You will find some of Tussaud's finest themeing here within the area that dates back to 2000 when Tidal Wave was opened.

Here's a teaser of Colossus:

Posted Image

If there was a dictionary definition for Thorpe Park, the first word used would be 'Colossus' as it represents everything that the modern day park represents. It's high, it's fast, it's thrilling and as a ride that spingboarded Thorpe Park into the eyes of the general public, it has a fierce reputation.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

New screen: Neptune's Kingdom

Posted Image

With several rides to choose from, this fishy themed area in the centre of the park will keep the little ones happy.
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    I don't really get a 'fishy' theme, but damn that is impressive. It is fantastic.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Your style is inspiring Airtime, i just love it.
  • garfield3gs%s's Photo
    i think this gets better and better everytime i look at the topic... more pics please
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I think the roof of the small rock tunnel on the car(?) ride should be changed to the worn brown color to match the rocks. Other than that, looking fun.
  • nin%s's Photo
    Looking back at the Stealth screen the "tire" entrance doesn't exactly come off as a tire. Try to round out the shape more, I'm sure you could do it.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Neptune's Kingdom is great. I especially love that little ferris wheel.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    That Ferris wheel!!!! Holy shit. That's easily my favorite 'small' ride I've ever seen..
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    I love that area. We need some custom working kiddie rides. :)
  • Jonny93%s's Photo
    Brilliant screens airtime, i love this park.
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Wow Airtime, that whole area is awesome. The more I look at the screens the better they get, I can't wait to see this finished.
  • olddtfan51%s's Photo
    Its beyond words just how good this is looking can't wait to see it finished. :mantis:
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Well wow guys thanks for the great words and thanks again to Jonny for fixing those black holes.

New Screen: Logger's Leap

Posted Image

Wet and wild log flume ride through the Canadian Rockies. Logger's Leap has the highest flume drop in the UK. Your log will travel through wet rapids, a dark plunge, a rocky canyon and past the Canada Creek Railway. From the crest of the ride guests can view the whole park as they drop down 35 feet into the water trough below.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Overall looks really nice Oliver. Love the dense foliage on the left most side of the screen and that little tunnel. I also like the dryer out front of the station to Logger's Leap. The foliage and ruin rock usage within the turns after the final drop looks great as well. Furthermore, the guest controlled cannons are a really nice realistic touch.

However I am not a huge fan of the flume station. It just seems a bit blocky to me. I also believe by adding benches and lights would add a lot to the area.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Love it, except perhaps what Pac suggested. It doesn't look too bad to me though.
  • Chocotopian%s's Photo
    I think it looks perfect. It seems a bit more compact than the original, but I think that works really well here. Excellent job on all the little details (is that a drying booth? :)) And I think the station looks fine. After all, it's supposed to be a mine hut and I can't see why anyone would make that more complicated than it needs to be.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    The station reminds me of Manhasset Meadows and that kind of works. As you may remember, I didn't like that park very much. :p In this screen it works. Good stuff again. :)
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I love the station, I think it is perfect and fits lovely in the surroundings. It's also a great representation of the real thing, which is a boring box, so this is actually a vast improvement on reality.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Happy pre-1000th post and pre-year-300!

New Screen: Rush

Posted Image

On opening in 2005 Rush was the worlds largest speed swing, launching riders to dizzying heights at breathtaking speed.

Note this is a different version to the Screamin' Swing models that Pac has made popular across NE, this one is much smaller and bulkier and more like Thorpe's Rush.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading