Custom Scenery Exchange / New scenery

• IceKnight366%s's Photo
    Yeah, that would be great to do! I can't believe it hasn't been done already to be honest hah.

Unfortunately I still can't figure it out. I mean I do everything you said, and I've worked with frames before so I get all that, tut the screen just comes up empty. Do I have the wrong expectations? When you create a new object from scratch, and select glass, is glass suppose to pop up? What do I click on to paint something in "see-through" color?
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    I'll try to explain more clearly...

When you start object editor and select glass in the subtype, then it appears nothing changed, but it has.
    When you build a 'simple' object, you get one frame with the 4 angles.
    With glass you get 2 frames wich you can select by sliding the bar next to the pictures.
    The frames are all empty when you start from scratch, so better open an existing glass object with obj editor.
    When you've done that, you can see frames in all 4 angles, not glass.
    When you slide the bar(s) down next to the picture(s), then you should reach frame 2, where the glass window is without a frame.

Best thing is to keep the original color setup from the game for easy use and likeness.
    You'll see the frame is purple and the glass is green (always the lightest green available).
  • IceKnight366%s's Photo

I'll try to explain more clearly...

When you start object editor and select glass in the subtype, then it appears nothing changed, but it has.
    When you build a 'simple' object, you get one frame with the 4 angles.
    With glass you get 2 frames wich you can select by sliding the bar next to the pictures.
    The frames are all empty when you start from scratch, so better open an existing glass object with obj editor.
    When you've done that, you can see frames in all 4 angles, not glass.
    When you slide the bar(s) down next to the picture(s), then you should reach frame 2, where the glass window is without a frame.

Best thing is to keep the original color setup from the game for easy use and likeness.
    You'll see the frame is purple and the glass is green (always the lightest green available).

Alright I definitely check it out. Do you have the name of a relatively plain glass piece I can use?
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Open this one for instance : GEOROOF1

It's the original double sided glass from the game.
    Check it out, then you can see how it works.
  • IceKnight366%s's Photo
    Gah, I feel dumb lol. I was looking for a particular paint or color in the object editor as if it would show that the object was see through in the actual editor. Turns out the colors you use for see through objects are the exact same that you use for solid objects. It's just that when you actually bring them up in game they turn out to be see through. Got it! Thanks Arjan!
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    You're welcome.
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    was looking to use those circular pieces finally, but i can't seem to find them...have u uploaded a save game we can downloaded? or, could u send me one?

FK
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    I took out the attachment, since i found a few more items not being perfect yet (shading).
    I'll make a new save game tomorrow, but only with perfected items, so you might miss a few, but there will also be new items in there, that haven't been released yet.

For the ones being angry about some objects not being perfect yet... sorry... i WILL fix them, but understand that it's all for FREE, so don't be an ass. :)
    So far, only 15% of what i've made isn't perfect yet, so...that isn't so bad for a newbie.

Check this topic tomorrow FK and i'll make you happy.
    Many thanks good sir. I shall press forward with some substitute items for now.

FK
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo

Update....finally.

New Objects are ready.
    Some of the previous released objects are 'again' remodeled.
    The dat names are changed also.
    I just needed to discover any mistakes in objects, while building with them.
    Some objects needed better shading and texture.
    These are the final versions, i'm not going to remodel any of these anymore, since they are finally perfect.
    There are also a lot of new curved objects that weren't released before.
    These objects will surely open up new directions in rct2.

Attached File  SCR3.png (22.86KB)
    downloads: 239

More objects will come.

Here's the zipped save game with the objects.

Enjoy. smile.gif

Edit : You can find this here : https://www.nedesign...e-9#entry788581

• ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Few items there that could come in useful for a new project. cheers Arj
    Thanks again for this Arjan, already putting them to use. The curved brick wall is just fantastic!

FK
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    You're both welcome!
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    My favourites are the tilted glass panes.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    ^^ nice to hear.

You can use those with the castle blocks from Toon.
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Agreed with Liampie, those tilted glass planes are amazing. THanks for that! :mantis:

Can I ask a request from you? Could you possibly make the rct-fan 1/4 tile water texture object but slanted at 45 degrees? Super please with a cherry on top? I'd really appreciate it! :D/>
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Lol, you're funny.

I'm first finishing something for Fisch, wich he requested quite a while ago.
    Name the dat please, because now i don't know wich object you mean.
    Water is very difficult though, so it might take a while.

I'm glad you like those glass panels too. :)
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Just a glimpse...

Attached File  SCR4.png (3.91KB)
    downloads: 13

Obviously it's not finished... but it will be... and then walls and path blocks and of course fences....

Louis!, are you starting to feel happy now? :p
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    These new ones are great, that's the first time I've ever seen a curved path, and so far it looks like it would help break the grid structure. As for the other ones, yay for macro style, and the glass pieces are really cool, they'd be good roof pieces.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo

Thanks AK, i'm still working on the big curved block, i'm having some weird issues with it.

Update:

A new corrugated steep roof piece and a fixed one.

scric (steep corrugated roof inner corner)

The fixed straight one (you'll need it, otherwise the inner corner won't line up properly).

1KCSRWf

Here are the screens from the new inner corner piece.

Attached File  SCR4.png (2.22KB)
    downloads: 11

Attached File  SCR51.png (2.07KB)
    downloads: 10

Attached File  SCR6.png (1.92KB)
    downloads: 7

Attached File  SCR7.png (2.05KB)
    downloads: 7

Enjoy. smile.gif

Edit : You can find this here : https://www.nedesign...e-9#entry788581

Tags

• No Tags