Custom Scenery Exchange / New scenery

• Dimi%s's Photo
    Thanks a lot Arjan!
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    :)

Edit:

I've noticed that the outer corner piece doesn't exist either, so i'll make that one too.
    First i'm going to continue on my park, i need to get it done, since i'm losing interest in it.

I'm planning on editing more stuff, especially more foliage, since we have a lot of 'big' trees and small shrubs, i'm definitely thinking about creating more stuff that's in the middle and also quarter tile trees.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo

Yeah!

I found my topic.

Everyone knows the mg shake rooves (castle rooves in 6 different shapes).

Well... i've just made them all with brick texture... all 72 of them. :D

I'll post the dats soon, after testing.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

sounds like it could make for some cool archy. but that's a ridiculous number of dats

• Arjan v l%s's Photo

Took me about 2 hours for all of them... omg, i'm getting fast!!

Well actually i needed to change 66 of them since one view didn't needed to be changed.

Btw. i've got tons of new stuff already finished, it just needs to be tested before i'm going to release it.

Things have started to become so easy, since i started using gimp together with paint.

I'm going to do the other roof pieces as well in the future, also with the graveyard brick texture.

Like you said, it'll create more variations in architecture.

Edit: Btw... it's not 72 dats, but views of the rooves per dat, so that's 18 dats.

• Liampie%s's Photo

I love that roof texture, glad you're making variations. Definitely useful.

• Arjan v l%s's Photo

Good to hear!

Then i've got even better news for you!

I've also made 4 sizes in diagonal shape already and they look quite nice, satisfying enough imo.

Now i'm going to make the remaining 2...

I'll post a pic of them tomorrow. :)

• Arjan v l%s's Photo

Attached File  NE Screen.png (31.64KB)
    downloads: 65

Just a screen with some of them.

• Liampie%s's Photo

There seem to be some alignment problems, and the diagonal texture could be better. But it's a very promising project still!

• Arjan v l%s's Photo

Alignment is good... it's the wall that's placed on the outside, because there's going to be glass on the inside.

I agree that the diagonal texture could be better... but just try it.

I don't know if i can get it any better.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Can you send me this DAT in a PM? I can give it a try if you like.

• Arjan v l%s's Photo

Sure!

I'll send you all the dats, so you can check them out and maybe improve some of them.

I hope you can pull it of, it's a very difficult texture to match imo.

A p.m. will come your way.

Thanks btw!

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Have you done any work on curved glass path blocks? I'm looking for something that's only 1 clearance, and only the top. I should be able to make one if you haven't.

I'm also going to use some of your other curves to make a curved version of some other stuff that I'm sure hasn't been done yet. 

• Arjan v l%s's Photo

I'm sorry Inthemanual, i must've missed this post wayyyy back.

There's a curved glas block in my last park (Oasis of X-citement).

It's double framed, but you can easely modify that.

Here are the new trees.

The big silverbirch is modified, so it's stem is more realistic now.

Try em out!

I'm curious if they meet some requirements, they certainly do for me.

Have fun.

Edit : You can find this here : https://www.nedesign...e-9#entry788581

• Arjan v l%s's Photo

After months of remodeling, trying and shitloads of time, i can now say...

The diagonal shake rooves are ready!

And to make it complete... i've also made roof trims in 7 different sizes.

You can also construct other cool stuff with all those different roof trims.

Here they are.

You can also find other misc. objects in my design : The Battle for the Throne.

More stuff will come!

• Arjan v l%s's Photo

Alright! A little refreshment here... dusting off...

Since i've mentioned Kumba's big loop support on Discord and the misallignment on it. I've been really thinking to take it on as a challenge and fix that. Also some small objects coming soon. Not that much as back in the days though. But everything is a bonus.

• Liampie%s's Photo

I'm really excited to see you return to object making, Arjan. Your objects have always been rather good, except for the self drawn trees which were kind of meh to me - though others seem to like them, and they're certainly super ambitious. If you're interested in making trees again, maybe we can collaborate.

• Arjan v l%s's Photo

Hi Liam. Nice to see you're interested. Sure a collab would be cool. You once said to me that they should be a bit more dense. That would be doable. Maybe some trunk enhancement? Let me hear your thoughts on this one. Tomorrow i'm going to start investigating the big loop support from Kumba. I see it's still being used and if it can be fixed, then that would be nice. It still looks flawless when done right.

• Arjan v l%s's Photo

Attached File  Stone deco and baseblocks, spires and wall lamp.png (994.62KB)
    downloads: 75

• Mulder%s's Photo

love your objects man, glad you're back in action :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading