RCT Discussion / OpenRCT2

• inthemanual%s's Photo

I have no idea. I haven't even looked at any of the actual coding behind any of this. I do know how to code though, and was hoping to dig into this as a side-project after h2h. What I was hoping to be able to do was a click-to-select object selector, like when saving scenery with a ride, with a menu to the side that allows you to raise, recolor, and other-wise modify whatever objects you've selected. 

• 5dave%s's Photo
    Just to keep you guys an overview what has changed so far:
    https://github.com/I...o-original-game

I really like the speed change so far - a feature that comes in handy when building scenarios and parks without cheats.
    Mountain tool is also available in game (Roomie :p )
    Autosaving is also very convenient.

"MFG"
  • Casimir%s's Photo

I tried to open Lotte World with OpenRCT2, but the command prompt in the background gave me a checksum error for the object CENAFWC1.

ERROR[...\src\object.c:230 <object_load_packed>]: Checksum missmatch from packed object: CENAFWC1

What's up with that?

EDIT: Can't even open NCSO saved games. Is this compatible with the Tripple Thrill pack from GOG.com?

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Checksum mismatch is what happens when you're missing a .dat, especially ones that don't package properly, like tracked rides. 

• Louis!%s's Photo

Hey Casimir, good seeing you around here again :)

• Casimir%s's Photo

I downloaded the dat in question from the database but it still gives me the same error with the same dat =/

Hey Louis!

EDIT: Can this problem be replicated with Lotte World or is it just me?

• 5dave%s's Photo
    Hmm don't know about compability.
    best bet is to ask on the subreddit for OpenRCT about that.

"MFG"
  • 5dave%s's Photo

cz2p3en9fza9bzs1i.jpg

Seems like they added some nice ingame Twitch-functions as well, didn't try them yet, though!

Also they included Zero Clearance directly into the game

Features so far

"MFG"

• G Force%s's Photo
    This is going to be big, really big.
  • 5dave%s's Photo

Oh and they're working on a screenshot tool that can make full scale screens as well, so no more stitching for the map making team!

"MFG"

• Lotte%s's Photo

now they just need afunction that allows making files the absolute minimum filesize and we've got instatly approved parks! :D

• geewhzz%s's Photo
    Can you open old saves in this?
  • G Force%s's Photo

Yea no more complaining Liam about people submitting unfinished parks that they possibly plan to finish in the future.

• 5dave%s's Photo

http://www.reddit.co...s_for_openrct2/

I made this suggestions thread.

@Geewhzz: Of course you can, just download it and try it out!

"MFG"

• 5dave%s's Photo

http://www.twitch.tv...ing/b/666488822

Some of the devs of OpenRCT2 made a small Q&A stream yesterday explaining what they did so far and what is planned. They also showed some new features (starting at minute 42), for example import objects/change water color ingame while building, landscape coloring without clicking and deleting paths&large scenery like small scenery...

"MFG"

• disneylandian192%s's Photo

This is really exciting, I foresee the entire NE RCT2 community transferring to this in the future. 

• 5dave%s's Photo
    Who needs scrolling, parkdat or the scenario editor anyways? :)

"MFG"

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: SCR5.png
  • G Force%s's Photo

OpenRCT2 OP

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Can you replace objects in-use?

• 5dave%s's Photo
    ^No, that's not doable now, but maybe we can suggest them?
    Problem with replacing is incorrect alignment on estimated 1/3 of all custom scenery objects made so far, so when you replace them they face the wrong side.

"MFG"

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading