H2H7 / H2H7 Standings

• Xeccah%s's Photo

I very well may have another go, avanine. I've only built twice.

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

I very well may have another go, avanine. I've only built twice.

Looking forward to your edits. :p
  • chorkiel%s's Photo

If you saw what Shotguns did for R1. He pretty much still has time to build an entire finals park.

• Lotte%s's Photo

Rookie of the year means nothing when you were a round 2 or 3 pick! It's all in the round 8 picks :p

• wheres_walto%s's Photo

Alright guys, so here's my methodology for calculating wins by players.  Warning, it's a long relatively dry post:

Step 1.  Calculate each park's Aggregate rating, for my example I'll use Pridelands, which has a score of 84.12 by my last count.

Step 2.  Determine the percentage built; Pridelands was 80% nin, 10% RCT2day, and 10% thirteen

Step 3.  The first part of the formula looks like this:  [(Aggregate Score * 10) - 500] * (Percentage / 3) = Points, divide by 120 to calculate Wins

- The resulting numbers don't look like they make much sense, but they have 2 functions.  The first is to define the units, which in this case is the individual number of wins.  In our example, nin received 90.99 point for Pridelands, meaning he was worth 0.76 wins on the park, while RCT2day and thirteen both received 11.37 points and contributed 0.09 wins, meaning overall the park was worth 0.94 wins for the Hurricanes.

- Different parks have different win sums based on the aggregate score of the park.  For example, Erlebnispark Raubritter was worth 0.74 wins total because it had a lower score than Pridelands.

- The second function of the numbers is to attempt to determine the skill level of players.  I do this by dividing the number of calculated wins by the total percentage of parks built (kept in decimal form).  So for nin, who received 0.76 wins while building 80% of the park, his skill level would be 0.76/0.80, meaning his skill is 0.95.  Because of the way the numbers work, both RCT2day and thirteen also have skill scores of 0.95.

- I'll use myself as another example:

wheres_walto (Raptor) = [(85.63 * 10) - 500] * (50% / 3) / 120 = 0.49 wins (59.39 points), 0.99 skill

wheres_walto (Raubritter) = [(76.65 * 10) - 500] * (37% / 3) / 120 = 0.27 wins (32.87 points), 0.74 skill

Add up the wins and average the skill level, and so far this season I've been worth 92.25 points, 0.77 wins, with 0.88 skill.  A skill value greater than 1 is amazing, 0.7-0.99 is very good, 0.4-0.6 is okay, and below 0.4 is bad.

From there, the next thing I did was to develop another metric that combines total individual wins and skill level, with the resulting number resembling a Madden rating (99 = the best, 0 = the worst, with very few being ranked under ~35).  To find that, the formula looks like this:

Madden Score = ((SQRT(SQRT(Total Wins * (Average Skill ^ 1.5)))) * 65) + 12

It's not the prettiest formula ever, but it's applicable to all players across all seasons, and is based on the total volume of H2H experience as well as the quality of parks built.  And remember, it's based ONLY on H2H performance, so even legends like CP6 don't fare too well by this measure.

With all that established, here are my "Madden rosters" for H2H7 after the regular season (the best part about these numbers is that they are continuously changing as more parks get released!)

Heaven's Atlas

Liampie, 94

Fisch, 83

Steve, 78

dr dirt, 71

Sulakke, 70

Ride6, 69

Tolsimir, 69

FredD, 55

Coasterbill, 48

bigshootergill, 28

Hurricanes

Kumba, 99

Pacificoaster, 93

nin, 85

Xcoaster, 83

Shotguns?, 72

Arjan v 1, 50

RCT2day, 47

thirteen, 47

G Force, see below

Rofl, see below

Italian Stallions

Loopy, 75

Stoksy, 70

trav, 67

Jonny93, 65

gdb, 63

][ntamin22, 54

Rene, 53

Poke, 50

Dirk Pitt, 48

Alex, see below

Manual Laborers

Cocoa, 87

Louis!, 81

inthemanual, 58

PizzaWurscht, 57

JimmyLaessig, 54

djbrcace1234, 49

Austin55, 49

disneylandian192, 45

navalin, 42

Lightkeeper, 41

Robber Barons

geewhzz, 99

robbie92, 81

wheres_walto, 80

BelgianGuy, 74

Sey, 65

FK+Coastermind, 64

JJayMForce, 64

Sephiroth, 51

RWE, 43

Seb, 36

The Rat Pack

Roomie, 73

AvanineCommuter, 71

5dave, 65

Milo, 62

In:Cities, 61

turbin3, 60

Maverix, 59

csw, 58

SSSammy, 54

ottersalad, 48

So each team's average rating was:

Heaven's Atlas: 67

Robber Barons: 66

The Rat Pack: 61

Hurricanes: 58

Manual Laborers: 56

Italian Stallions: 55

These numbers are guaranteed to increase once the playoff parks are made, but by contrast the last 2 champions had scores of 76 (Heaven's Kitchen) and 75 for the Hurricanes

• Stoksy%s's Photo

Fucking stats man!

Really interesting read there Walto.

• Cocoa%s's Photo

wow our teams numbers are terrible! so many fun statistics. love it, generally agree with the ratings too.

I laughed at the "these 2 combined to make the worst park in h2h history" lol

I want to see something where you take the total in-game years, turn that into real time, and multiply that by percentage shares to see who's worked the 'longest' in game. I know its a little bit bullshit but it could be cool to see.

• wheres_walto%s's Photo

I was thinking about doing object data counts for parks just to see how many objects Shotguns theoretically placed so far lol

• Cocoa%s's Photo

aren't the obj data counts really shit though

• inthemanual%s's Photo

wow our teams numbers are terrible! so many fun statistics. love it, generally agree with the ratings too.

With the amount of history this uses, and how new most of our team is, of course our ratings will be low.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

I am pissed off by the bullshit 0s you put on guys, two being on my team. Let's say in class you sit down to take an exam and a few minutes in the teacher snatches the paper off your desk and decides to grade it, giving you an F since most answers were blank. That's just as fair as giving them a 0. It was my own choice as captain and there was some decent work on the map.

You clearly don't know your H2H history if you think that's the worst park ever turned in. The Arcade and DJ's dq'ed entry were way worse. Maybe for this season, but still it was due to me asking them to send it in unfinished when it was intended for w5.

I have really enjoyed what you are doing with stats and these Madden ratings are pretty cool, but I hate the 0s. Just for not being replaced, guys should all have respectable ratings.

• Version1%s's Photo

Kumba, you're taking this way to serious

• wheres_walto%s's Photo

The zeroes are more a result of the formulas getting screwed up by negative values than anything else.  The first part of the formula is (Aggregate Park Score * 10) - 500, which means any park <50 will receive a negative rating.  I chose that value because no park from H2H4-6 had been lower.  2 parks this season were, but rather than rework the equation I just went with it.  As a result, 3 players have negative points, negative wins, and negative skill, so because of the square roots involved can't have a rating, so take it more as an undefined value rather than a 0.  If I were critically rating them, they would have gotten higher scores, but all I'm going off of is the model that most accurately reflects team victories across multiple seasons.

• G Force%s's Photo
    Worst park in H2H history yippe. Thanks Darren.
  • RCT2day%s's Photo

So for nin, who received 0.76 wins while building 80% of the park, his skill level would be 0.76/0.80, meaning his skill is 0.95.  Because of the way the numbers work, both RCT2day and thirteen also have skill scores of 0.95. 

To my many critics, numbers don't lie.  I have a skill score equal to that of nin, and that's all that matters.

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

To my many critics, numbers don't lie.  I have a skill score equal to that of nin, and that's all that matters.

But depending in what criteria and how the numbers were calculated, numbers can definitely lie.😜

But that said I love the stats and numbers in this thread. Thanks walto for the contributions!
  • nin%s's Photo

To my many critics, numbers don't lie.  I have a skill score equal to that of RCT2day, and that's all that matters.

• Lotte%s's Photo

With the amount of history this uses, and how new most of our team is, of course our ratings will be low.

yet I'd be your third highest player :p

• RCT2day%s's Photo

To my many critics, numbers don't lie.  I have a skill score equal to that of RCT2day, and that's all that matters.

<3 nin. 

• Tolsimir%s's Photo
    Seriously, tell us where you get these formulas from. To me it seems like you just came up with some parameters and adjusted them long enough so you get reasonable results. But they just come out of nothing have nothing to do with statistics actually. I mean (park score * 10)- 500. what doas this mean or wheigh or anything. The examples with parks scoring less than 50% shows that the formulas dont give anything about 'skill level'. how do you measure and compare it in the first place anyway? it all seems so random.
    I dont want to offend you walto, actually its quite funny, but I on myself feel offended being given a standard serie a player scoring while liam is messi :p

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading