H2H7 / H2H7 Standings

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

I don't really think this is a concern. For the most part the voters on this site seem to have a lot of integrity (it's actually a level of integrity that's insanely rare for an internet community).

I agree. I haven't even thought that anybody has their own personal agenda with voting, and even if one or two people were childish enough to vote like that, I doubt it could swing the vote of a win or a loss. It's all personal opinion, plain and simple. You build the best park possible and leave it to the community to do the rest.
  • Roomie%s's Photo

I wouldn't worry about strategic voting I have faith people will vote honestly.

By the way Robbie the new Ferrari just arrived thanks very much.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Some things I've noticed:

Round 5 is symmetrical. Every team faces a team with an identical record.

The last two draft picks currently have the highest record.

Geewhzz still has 0 H2H losses, out of 8 matches he's participated in.

The Manual Laborers have been in the two closest matches, according to Walto's moneyball. This may correlate with vote count, but I haven't checked that.

The only team to have used every member of their lineup on a park already is the Italian Stallions.

Every team went 1-1 in the last two rounds. 

The team standings now are identical to what they were at the end of Round 2, plus or minus some differences in vote percentage.

No team is theoretically eliminated at this point. The winner of the Rats/Horses will enter into a vote% tiebreaker with the loser of the Canes/Barons.

I wish I had some comparison statistics, to compare team records at this point to previous H2H's, but I'm too lazy to dig them all up. I do think that might be interesting though. 

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    The last two draft picks is interesting. Maybe the top draft picks are often picked because of status and reputation without as much consideration for availability and compatability? Also the last two get the double pick bonus, more or less

Just speculating
  • G Force%s's Photo
    A team is only as strong as its weakest player, so those with the first two picks have the last two picks, hence they theoretically have the weakest players.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

^thats just plainly not true. that would make your team the weakest 

buuurn

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Except I had the last pick. There's an odd number of rounds, so last pick of the first round also has last pick of the last. 

• G Force%s's Photo

Ah that's right, for some reason I thought there were 8 rounds because there are 8 builders on a team.

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    I also think that individual players are not as big a factor as we are making them out to be. A lot of what determines win vs. loss depends on the park, and even if you have three great park makers in one round's entry, factors like time management, cohesiveness of style, concept execution, match up dynamic (what type of park vs. What type of park), etc. all are bigger determinants than individual player skill.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

Rat Packs have a better vote average than Hurricanes, but Hurricanes sit above them on win count.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    It's a bullshit statistic, you can't make a ranking based on single contributions. Lightkeeper contributed 2% to a park that won because the other park was extremely unfinished. That doesn't say anything about H2H dynamics.

I've got loads of interesting stats for data nerds like me, will present them after H2H!
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    ^Hey we would have won anyway! Haha
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    Ps liam i think you were misinterpreting tims fact, he meant last in snake order not last overall (or he should have)
  • inthemanual%s's Photo
    Yeah, I meant the teams that are winning also had the latest draft picks.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Nevermind then. :p
  • Austin55%s's Photo

So do playoff work where the top team plays the 4th team and the 2 dn 3rd teams go at it?

I'm trying to figure out what all the potential matchups of the semis could be before we know the week 5 parks. 

So would it basically be winner of ManLab vs Hevat plays loser of Canes vs Barrons? or something?

How could either Stalions or Ratpack get in? Is that possible?

• G Force%s's Photo

So do playoff work where the top team plays the 4th team and the 2 dn 3rd teams go at it?
    I'm trying to figure out what all the potential matchups of the semis could be before we know the week 5 parks.

Yes, 1v4 and 2v3.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    Austin, the loser of canes barons will be 2-3 and the winner of ratpack-stalions will be 2-3. The canes have quite a low vote percentage so it's really quite possible that one of the teams could get in.
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

This seems like it's building up to be a rather exciting end to a great season, doesn't it? :D

• Lotte%s's Photo

It sure is! theoretically 4 teams can still make it to the play-offs, that's quite exciting.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading