RCT Discussion / NE Multiplayer Server

• Louis!%s's Photo

I thought the area was done lol I haven't been back in the server since that first time lol

• Liampie%s's Photo

Not much progress today, a bit disappointing! And since people apparantly aren't sure what needs to happen anyway and somehow cannot check for themselves, here are some screens of the bigger gaps that are left:

Attached Image: NE's Mirage Islands 2017-01-22 00-00-18.png

Plenty to do here

Attached Image: NE's Mirage Islands 2017-01-22 00-00-30.png

An empty spot that could use a taller building, as a little brother companion to the central building complex, and foliage along map edge

Attached Image: NE's Mirage Islands 2017-01-22 00-00-41.png

This foliage was never meant to be anything more than a quick placeholder.

Attached Image: NE's Mirage Islands 2017-01-22 00-00-51.png

Plenty of empty tiles that could use foliage. Pool area is unfinished. Rooftop penthouse is unfinished and could use cleaning up

Attached Image: NE's Mirage Islands 2017-01-22 00-00-58.png

Unfinishednees everywhere. Maybe a planetarium sculpture in the centre?

Attached Image: NE's Mirage Islands 2017-01-22 00-01-05.png

Considerate foliage and landscaping

There are more gaps. And something that everyone can do, even the ones that cannot build, is check the park for the tiny gaps that may get overlooked. Unfinished bits only visible from one angle, or missing trims, shit like that.

• Bubbsy41%s's Photo
    I'll get the little Mexican area done.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

I checked in twice yesterday and no one was there so didn't build, purely because of a lack of companionship. I think that is why its slower, people come in and don't want to build on there own, because what is the point? You might as well work on your own work or do something else.

• alex%s's Photo

I'm free to build tonight.

• G Force%s's Photo

New additions look great guys.  Getting really close to finishing this off.

One request however.....  can we please get rid of the balloon and hat shops?  I just think it looks bad when all the peeps have the same color hats and balloons.

• Bubbsy41%s's Photo

One request however.....  can we please get rid of the balloon and hat shops?  I just think it looks bad when all the peeps have the same color hats and balloons.

Called it haha.
  • RWE%s's Photo
    Lol.
  • Recurious%s's Photo
    I agree on the hat and t-shirt shops. It was getting super insane with the white hats. However, I think the balloons are fine. There are so many different colour balloon shops in the park already that I kinda like it tbh.
  • alex%s's Photo

Surely add more shops w diff colours rather than removing them?

• Liampie%s's Photo

They're closed right now, that should be enough. Let's keep it this way. Shops still exist, peeps will look normal.

I love the balloons.

• Louis!%s's Photo

What's with the pink rocks everywhere? Are they build here markers?

• trav%s's Photo

Don't forget about the bike ride in Nepal, that looks like the last major thing that needs to be done.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Pink rocks mark unfinished spots
  • Kumba%s's Photo

What would be the steps for me (someone who has never used RCT2Open, but is about to start) to be able to access multiplayer? 

• janisozaur%s's Photo

It's "OpenRCT2".

Step 1: Download OpenRCT2

Step 2: Launch OpenRCT2

Step 3: Click "Multiplayer"

Step 4: Connect to a server

• Kumba%s's Photo

Sorry, got a little dyslexic with the name. 

Did that, but it seems my laptop has no disk drive to install RCT2. I found a DL for an RCT2 triple-pack on Amazon. Would that work with OpenRCT2?

• janisozaur%s's Photo

Yes, all version should work. If you have RCT2 installed elsewhere, you can also just copy the files from there to your laptop.

• Kumba%s's Photo

Thanks! I'll be out for a few hours, but hopefully this afternoon I can check it out. Not planning to build anything tho.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    I have one hour to build tonight. Let's wrap this bitch up. To-do list:

- unfinished spots marked by pink rocks
    - benches, trash cans, lamps
    - directions signs
    - bring back the dark ride boats in the entrance area as well as the spare rafts
    - make sure every building has a shop or thing in them
    - make sure every ride is named
    - find missing objects
    - remove signs on the lake
    - ride music?
    - logo

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading