RCT Discussion / NE Multiplayer Server

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo

i'll help, count me in to try and build on the space zone a bit...

• GammaZero%s's Photo

Logo

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: logo.png
  • Louis!%s's Photo

Quite a few of the pink rock areas got done today, not by me as I'm on my laptop and so don't have build permissions, but I saw them go.

Space area, hotel pool and the motorbike ride are the last remaining areas I believe.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Examine the front and back of the hotel facade extra closely, the unfinishedness there is only visible from one or two angles.
  • janisozaur%s's Photo
    @Louis, you do realise it is just a key, which you can simply copy to your other computer, right?
  • Louis!%s's Photo

^Didn't realise it was such a thing. Its sorted now anyway.

• Kumba%s's Photo

How can I upgrade to version 0.0.6-29? Seems I have a non-NE compatible 0.0.5-21. Will I need some type of permission to view the group park?

• janisozaur%s's Photo

Switch to `develop` builds

• Kumba%s's Photo

How/where? I DL'ed the 'latest release' which seems to be from 12/27

• imlegos%s's Photo

How/where? I DL'ed the 'latest release' which seems to be from 12/27

Launcher, settings.

Also, release is stable, not dev

• Kumba%s's Photo

Where should I see the option to change launcher settings?

• trav%s's Photo

Where should I see the option to change launcher settings?

Attached Image: ForKumba.png

• Kumba%s's Photo

Thanks Trav! 

That park is crazy. How long ago did it start?

• Recurious%s's Photo
    Tommorow exactly 1 month ago
  • Kumba%s's Photo

Amazing... a spotlight caliber park in a month!

One thing I wonder about tho, NE's server is hosted by Tycoon Paradise. Why is that? What does it take to host/start a server? 

• Lotte%s's Photo

Amazing... a spotlight caliber park in a month!

One thing I wonder about tho, NE's server is hosted by Tycoon Paradise. Why is that? What does it take to host/start a server? 

As far as I know you need to have an active player in order to keep your server up. By having it hosted by a third party the server can always be up for any permitted builders to work on it, otherwise one of us would need to have their computers running the server 24/7

• YoloSweggLord%s's Photo

You don't need to have an active player because servers can run in Headless mode. They host still shows up as a player in-game, though. And the server doesn't "need an active player." For a server to be running 24/7, it needs a computer running 24/7 on which it is hosted. Usually (and I believe this is how TP does it) game servers can be rented for a few dollars a month. Or you could buy your own.

• Louis!%s's Photo

Yeah at the minute Tycoon Paradise host for us as it is the quickest and easiest way for us to give NE a multiplayer server. It benefits them for being associated with us and advertising them on our server and site, and benefits us for getting a server. Its a win win.

Eventually we will have our own dedicated server run and hosted by us, but for the time being, this is enough.

• Sweet T%s's Photo

Greetings! I am currently responsible for hosting TP and NE servers. We do not rent a server for hosting, though should there be any upcoming maintenance, or unexpected issues, it doesn't take long to swap everything over to a hosted solution. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I would say there are a couple of pros for TP hosting the NE server.

1.) Security Measures are in place to allow multiple Security members of TP access to the server. This allows us to perform more frequent updates, and quickly address any issues like trolls or crashes (Which have been very few as of late!)

2.) We've been hosting for a while. I, as well as other members of TP, have taken the time to learn the ins and outs of the OpenRCT back-end (and we've only scratched the surface!)

3.) We're active in OpenRCT development. Out involvement so far has been minimal, but I hope with the seasons changing, it will allow myself to be more active on OpenRCT's GitHub page.

Huge shout-out to Janisozaur for being so active in the communities built around the game. Thanks!

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Thanks for doing all this shit for us! Damn this community is great

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading