RCT Discussion / Park Updates

• Liampie%s's Photo

Both parks are looking promising. You're both getting somewhere.

Sens, I don't get why people get frustrated if they don't build on a park for a few days... Just put it aside for a while until you start to miss it.

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

Looking great V1, you've got a nice park on your hands there!

• Scoop%s's Photo

That is a lot of red

• Jappy%s's Photo

V1, I'm not an expert on Hansa park so I can't tell if the use of all that red for the rooves is prototypical or not but... There has to be a way to add variation to it. If not, get rid of all the unnecessary red in the park. So give the coaster a different colour or something.

• Version1%s's Photo

This is my Tripsdrill inspired park and Tripsdrill uses exclusively red roofs.

• Jappy%s's Photo

Fuck, I messed up

• MCI%s's Photo

Attached Image: Map Data.jpg
    I´m on a highway to hell. 50% of the Spreepark map done.

• Lagom%s's Photo

Oh, that doesn't look good, MCI.

• YoloSweggLord%s's Photo
    Never fear, Nicbrella is here!
  • nicman%s's Photo

@MCI, have you done the equation to find the amount of slots?

If you hit the limit il help you.

• Jappy%s's Photo

@MCI, I've been watching your stream this morning for a few minutes, but it does seem you waste some object space with stuff nobody will ever see. At 7:44 for instance, that green building doesn't need walls on the side if it's just standing against another building. That's a waste of objects. I dunno if you've done that for every building though.

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

Attached Image: year500.jpg

Year 500 overview. Still plugging away, it's taking forever (even since my standards) since I have to keep making objects, but I don't want to compromise the quality of the park to save objects so it's a process.

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

Looks unbelievable! You might hit year 1,000 with this bad boy! :D

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

It could happen, the crazy thing is that most of the work that's been put into it lately has been in the object editor and not in the game itself so that "500 Year" thing isn't even close to being right.

• nicman%s's Photo

It could happen, the crazy thing is that most of the work that's been put into it lately has been in the object editor and not in the game itself so that "500 Year" thing isn't even close to being right.

Hey, I already offered to help so there is no excuse to keep complaining about this! ;)

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

You already helped a ton! I actually may need a few more things but I'm slowly learning my way around the object editor so it's getting there. lol

• robbie92%s's Photo

Bill, that looks awesome.

• Faas%s's Photo

That's crazy Bill! 

Spacetopia is coming along nicely. Check this map for a general idea of the layout:

aahkdz.png

I'd say it's about 60 % finished. The areas:

Entrance area: 100%
    Lunar Lands: 100%
    Mars Meadows: 95%
    Kosmonaut Korner: 0%
    Comet Court: 60%
    NASA - Land: 15%

• G Force%s's Photo
    Very interesting Faas, didn't expect it to be so large. Hopefully this allows you to add some cool surroundings.

As for myself:

Vortex - Submitted
    Euclid Beach - 70-75% (hope to finish this next)
    Eastwinds - 45-50%
    LL Solo - 25-30%

Still not sure if I want to proceed on Eastwinds. Most of the park isn't of great quality and isn't really an improvement on my past work outside of a few pieces. I've thought about shrinking the park just to help get it done, as well as offering it to someone else to finish. But I probably won't make a decision on that in the immediate future.

As for the LL Solo, I have no idea how large I want the park to be. At this point I'm building completely free-form and not really working towards a macro vision or objective. Inspiration is sparse and progress is just naturally slow in LL, so I don't except this to be finished in 2017 unless I get a massive wave of LL desire or simply keep the park very small. Neither of which I really see happening, at least at this point.

I've debated starting a new solo, as my last 3 releases (including Vortex) have all been designs. Though a park concept still eludes me. My main desire would be either a park in the vein of Wildfire, or a recreation of an older version of Kings Island (probably before SoB), or perhaps even a custom Kings/Taft park.. Both would be fun, however I don't know if another full-scale solo would keep my interest for long enough at this point.

Anyways, that pretty​ much sums all my current RCT endeavors up, definitely have more projects going on than I ever have... Oh well.
  • Stoksy%s's Photo

Can't believe Vortex is already finished, incredible.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading