RCT Discussion / Park Updates

• Fluorineer%s's Photo

Hey guys. Once again not really sure whether this is the right place but this is related to an actual park in progress so I guess I just post it here: how much would you guys like a map that actively requires the cut-away-view feature to fully explore everything? I'm currently building an Half-Indoor-Half-Outdoor-Park and initially I didn't bother with a roof because well, otherwise you wouldn't see shit. But now I'm actually pretty fond of the idea of building a sun-terrace with maybe some flat rides on the roof. Also I could do interior of the restaurants while also theming the outside and giving them a roof. And if I'm really bored, I could add sewage and technical stuff into the basement of the hall. Do parks exist that have implemented that idea already, would you like to see an experiment like that or do you dislike the cut-away-view too much to enjoy actively using it?

• Liampie%s's Photo

No one has released a park yet that requires the cut away view function specifically, but we have plenty of parks in our database that come in two versions: one with roofs, and one without roofs and interiors visible. There are other examples of parks coming in two versions too, like parks that are underwater, day and night, peeps and no peeps, different years, stuff like that. I recommend doing the two versions of the park; the cut away view can still be used on the version with roofs but for convenience there is a version without roofs.

• Fluorineer%s's Photo

I intended that originally as well, but as soon as there will be actual rides on the roof, I'd encounter problems with this solution. I want to make this decision as early as possible because it will widely affect my approach to spots on the map that aren't very well visible (for instance, I would make support structures right beneath the roof if I make a cut-view-map, if I just make a roofless version instead, those would be pointless). Even if I don't put rides on the roof or only place them at the edge, I really want to focus some attention to that because usually roofs are pretty boring. For example, the very back of the hall will be slightly elevated to fit in a coaster which will be slightly higher than the rest, and that way I could build a big panorama-window from the terrace into the hall. I would enjoy if the player could explore all these things in one single map, rahter than having to swap savegames inbetween. 

• mintliqueur%s's Photo

I'd say go for the cut away-version. It's definitely an interesting new function, don't be afraid to experiment with it. Someone will use it in a park eventually, why not go for being the first one when you have the chance! 

• Fluorineer%s's Photo

Sounds good to me, I'm going for it!

• Lagom%s's Photo

Gröna Lund should be submitted by the end of this week.

• Jappy%s's Photo

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Liampie%s's Photo

Oh my!

More good news: park with classical entrance area is moving. Had a small breakthrough.

• alex%s's Photo

New screens please, both of you!

• SSSammy%s's Photo

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Lagom%s's Photo

So this will be the last update for Gröna Lund. It will be submitted tomorrow. I'm waiting for feedback from mintliqueur, and I'm currently writing a short readme. Anyways, the park is 99.9%. Since I like time lapse gifs I made one more. 1 year and 5 months of work boiled down to 12 seconds.

Attached Image: Grönan.gif

• RWE%s's Photo

Hype is real! Can't wait to check it out, dude!

• Louis!%s's Photo

wow. just. wow

• SSSammy%s's Photo

way more excited for this than game of thrones

• FredD%s's Photo

Can't wait for it. So happy you managed to put the woodie in!

• RWE%s's Photo
    Update:

Bedouin Fantasy - 75%
    Effyis - 10%
    Westfalenpark - 5%
  • Maverix%s's Photo

The Shadow has been submitted!

• Louis!%s's Photo

:D

• G Force%s's Photo

Adventureland is about 75% complete:

Attached Image: AdventurelandO1.png

Hoping to release Adventureland, Euclid Beach, and my LL project by the end of the year.  Euclid will get done for sure, and at the rate Adventureland is currently progressing I'm very confident I can make that date for this as well.  The LL park is a bit less certain, but probably won't require more than 2 or 3 more long sessions to finish.

• Louis!%s's Photo

looks good

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading