RCT Discussion / Park Updates

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

:( Data Limit Hit!... Time to break out the space saving objects! :D

• nicman%s's Photo

:( Data Limit Hit!... Time to break out the space saving objects! :D

That sucks, how much is left?

Honestly I'm on the finishing touches. Though that is still about another month's worth of building, so plenty of building left to do. But there are some easy ways to gain object space, I just figured I still had plenty left, I think 8cars said about 35,000 objects, but obviously it's only a rough estimate. I can use many of the 4 high corner poles to replace a bunch of pole work, remove some foliage, try out Liam's large foliage objects etc. I doubt I'll have too much of an issue, just some back tracking is all. Might detract from the finished product I was hoping for, but not too much.

Also, not sure if anyone else knew this, but I figured this possible trick out awhile back, but couldn't test it until I hit the limit. The larger your map, the more data it automatically uses. So when I just hit the limit, I was able to reduce the map from 170x170 to 165x165 and instantly gained more space. Not sure how much more, but its more nonetheless.

• Jaguar%s's Photo

I've hit a rut... would anyone be willing to help with parts of the area in the rectangle for this park?

Attached Image: Ekumenopolis.png

Surpassed Year 300 and I'm 99% done. Should be able to tie things up this week hopefully. Mostly just foliage left (hopefully I don't need to play around with the object limit too much more).

Yippee! :D

• Jappy%s's Photo

Quite a few big releases lately! JWAK just finished, BSG his park almost done, V1 and his project on his way... Hopefully we see some good shit this summer!

• G Force%s's Photo
    Euclid Beach should also be finished by the end of this summer, if not​ much earlier.
  • nicman%s's Photo

Don't forgot NE sandwich springs.

• Louis!%s's Photo

Fort Fun Adventureland 1985 is complete.

• GammaZero%s's Photo

I've reached the 50 year mark in Hong Hu:

Attached Image: hong hu update.png

Made virtually no progress in the last 3 weeks or so, RCT motivation comes in short and sparse bursts to me. Even so, I still want to finish this, and I'll try my hardest to make some progress this/next month.

• G Force%s's Photo

I think you should turn it into a small park.  In my mind that layout isn't strong enough for a design.

If you fill that map up + a bit more with content at the same quality, I think you might be able to contend for Silver.

• nicman%s's Photo

I agree, although keep the size of the park.

• pierrot%s's Photo

New Element - LL, 5%.

kemah will not be finished.

• Steve%s's Photo
    Attached Image: IMG_4153.PNG
    (posting on mobile, apologies if this screen is a little fucked up).

Year 200 overview of Veteris Shores.

Most areas are essentially done with a few touch ups and slight improvements. One is area is nowhere near done and might even change depending how it goes.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Year 116 overview

Attached Image: Curaçao 2017-07-09 19-56-49.png

• nicman%s's Photo

I like your theme @liampie

• Kumba%s's Photo

:(

Some pretty nice recent work going on here, looking forward to it. As for me... finishing Musket cleaned out my closet after many years of having it and Logos sit around. I have nothing upcoming that's more than 3% done. I could do the Kumba 2.0 expansion with the full Congo River Rapids included. I could theme a great layout I did in H2H7. I could try to really start DR3 and actually would like to go multi-player on it. idk... kinda board and feel like building if anyone needs a small guest spot. I could just retire, but I still get that itch to build and I have the hang of OpenRCT2 now. 

• Milo%s's Photo

New Element - LL, 5%.

Shame about Kemah but it's great to see you building. 

• G Force%s's Photo

Adventureland is nearing 50% completion:

Attached Image: AdventurelandMap1.png

Still debating expanding the map and adding another coaster in the back and moving the mine train away from the midway, but for the most part I'm pretty happy with the park thus far.

• Iron Rattler%s's Photo
    Lots of exciting stuff happening. Very disappointed to hear about Kemah though. Would love to see it even unfinished some day

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading