Custom Scenery Exchange / Spacek's Custom Rides

• Jappy%s's Photo

@SpaceK: not to be too greedy here, but is there a chance you could turn these city vehicles into (large) scenery objects as well? Would save me a hell of a lot of work to fill my parking lots...

• Ziscor%s's Photo

Can't wait to see the parks that use those car objects now, man. Thank you, SpaceK!

• Lykos_Gen%s's Photo

hey I am trying to create a very specific trains for a project i am working on and cant find any ride creator that isnt buggys ridemaker could you help me. his program is not user friendly and i have seen some of the tracked rides that have been made so far do you have a stand alone program that could help me?

• NightHawk%s's Photo

How about the Vekoma Custom MK-900 family coasters:

https://rcdb.com/r.h...tm?ot=2&mo=8290

(Space Center, Vogel Rok, Muntanya Russa)

• spacek531%s's Photo

Since it is explicitly allowed, in the spirit of MM3 I am opening suggestions for rides. What rides I do will be dependent on what I think will be unique, worthwhile to the community, and catches my fancy. If you have need for such a ride, PM me on the site or in discord and we can chat.

• spacek531%s's Photo

It's been a long time coming. Custom Ride Christmas is here for another year! Check out the original post of this thread for the download!

GOpQtH9.png

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

I really need to make a new version of that ride generator ... some of these could really do with better shading.

• Version1%s's Photo

You are a gift for the RCT community, SpaceK.

• Six Frags%s's Photo

Incredible work once again SpaceK! This is so important in keeping the community alive and fresh, I hope you continue making these awesome new additions to the game. I can already imagine some great new H2H concepts only by seeing these new rides! A great Christmas present indeed! :)

• Sunscreemer%s's Photo

Thank you muchly. There's a disk-o. Yay! Was thinking I'd like one the other day- good job fulfilling my wishes without even having me say so Santa spacek531. I'm working on some festive parks but they might be finished slightly out of season (and won't be NE level parks, maybe I'll redo them after)

• Sunscreemer%s's Photo

Just had a look and wow- we owe YOU a Christmas Present! These are so good! I also needed truck scenery and I can use the ride for that too, again yay.

Glad I'm late with my projects- may use some of these.

Can you share any tips on where you need to merge track types/ hide track etc, cheers

We all <3 you mate- merry Christmas and the very best wishes for the new ride they're calling 2020's first drop and airtime.

Same to all the rest of you lovely peeps.

• spacek531%s's Photo
    Some tidbits about this year's Christmas pack that may interest some people:

Most of the rides were made for Royr's GTA V recreation Ocean Park Vespucci Beach. I saw after christmas 2018 he switched his cars from the vanilla car ride to the ones I made, and in July I contacted him about more cars that would make his project really pop. Most of them were conversions of 3D models I made for a different game, but some of them were original, like the helicopter, airplane, micheal's truck, and the semi truck. I also recreated the sailboat and trailer seen in a mission and in the game's trailer, but the sprites are so huge they would be a glitchy mess ingame, so the sprites were composited in Vegas Pro by Roy.

I offered to make custom rides for people in Micro Madness 3. Four people took me up on this offer: liampie, Dr. Dirt, Jappy, and Gustav Goblin. Respectively they asked for the Football, Shuttlecraft, Shimmeria Subway, and Beach Pneumatic Transit.

Liam did not specifically request a football. He told me he wanted a ball like the one used in Fiera of H2H8, but centered on the "rails." I doid not quite understand what he was going for, because he kept the theme of his entry a secret, but I understood a football so that's what I ended up making.
    Dr Dirt, before he settled on his round 1 theme, was making a gundam micro, and asked me to make a space ship. The original version was much too big for RCT as a ride, so I gave him the sprites and he used it as static scenery, which you can see if you find a copy of the image he posted after MM3. The shuttlecraft in
    the pack is just small enough to work in RCT2.

Jappy's first round entry was a recreation of a video series produced by Walibi World. The series takes place in the underground land of Shimmeria, and the main characters get around by train surfing on the subway whose tracks are magically floating in midair. I was not able to watch much of this, but Jappy sent lots of pictures of the train so I was able to make a decent recreation. As I like my rides to serve users who have bigger ideas than the immediate use (i.e. Jappy's micro), I gave the train a front car without the boosters on the side so it would look good if used as a real subway.

Gustav Goblin's entry was themed to the Klaatu song Sub-Rosa Subway, which recounted Alfred Beach's attempts at the first subway. Unlike modern subways powered by wheels and motors, Alfred's subway was powered by compressed air running through a tube under the tracks. A valve connected to the car sat in the tube and would be pushed by the air. This is the "pneumatic" in Beach Pneumatic Transit, the name of his subway. Like in reality, the subway in Gustav's micro was a short point-to-point affair in an L shape.

One extra ride came from MM3, the high-speed monorail. I made it on a whim using the cockpit and passenger sections from the original shuttlecraft. I did not think anyone would have a use for it in MM3, so I did not advertise it.

Of the other assortment of rides, most were requests or suggestions. Many people have asked for the Vekoma Mine Train With Engine and Disk-O. Both were rides I considered when I first started making rides, and it feels good to finally release them. I made half of the Vekoma train for Ghibli Studios, with the engine car themed to one that appears in a movie. My intent was to follow up with the proper engine shortly but that idea was cancelled as work shifted fo Haystack. Incidentally, Strangelove was looking for that very ride for the looping mine train coaster in Grand Central, and had I released the ride before round 4 it most certainly would have been used against Spacecrabs.
    The Disk-O was one of the first rides I attempted and I mostly completed it in short order. As you can read in this thread, I did not want to release it Iuntil it got animated spinning, but after 2 years with no solution in sight, I decided it was past time.

Tanks were requested by Saxman for his Bethlehem Steel park. Bicycles were requested by Fisch for his new timeline park, with the left and right offsets in particular. Oh and Version1. Fisch also requested a sheep dodgems for his timeline park and got it, but I did not remember to include it in this pack. Pedal boats were requested by Liam and RCThibo. Gerstlauer Wooden Coaster (style 2) was requested by G_Force. In researching Gerstlauer trains I discovered there were 3 styles that Gerstlauer produced a number of, using the same chassis but different fiberglass shells. The one he wanted I decided to call style 2. Style 1 was the vrry boxy ones used on e.g. SoB post-refurb. Type 3 I only had a few photos of and I didn't know the names of the prototype, so I ended up not making it. Thrust Air Coaster and JR 209-500 were also requests.

A handful of rides were made on a whim because these rides are my hobby and sometimes I like to whip out something only I would think of, like a golf cart.

I don't remember why I thought of making a golf cart. But I did and now there is one.

The two steam train rides were also made on a whim. I made the Miniature Rideable Train (Streamlined Diesel) fairly early in my CTR career, and it always irked me that it had the parentheses specifying a streamlined diesel when there were no other miniature rideable trains to choose from. So I contacted a friend of mine who makes a 3D british train game and asked if I could borrow one of his 3D models. He said yes, and with a custom model for the passenger coaches and a fancy bordeaux red hat for the engineer, the Miniature Rideable Train (British Steam) was started. When I was editing the locomotve in the tool, it looked so much like Locomotion it was uncanny. The final ride does not steam or animate, which I reluctantly turned off after testing.

After seeing some pics of the tiny british train, Jappy suggested making it bigger. This was easily accomplished, as I had already rigged the model to animate. Rebuild the tender and make some new cars and the Miniature Rideable A1 was created.

The Nautic Jet ride was made to act as a centerpiece for a video tutorial on how to use the tool due to the ride's simplicity. As it turns out, simplicity in real life does not equate to simple to make.

The Silverliner IV was an EMU produced by GE for use by SEPTA. When I heard Bethlehem Steel was gearing up for release, I quickly modeled and implemented them in 2.5 hours, a blazing speed for a model of its complexity. This speed was achieved by the modular nature of the train.

The Crystal Empire Wooden Roller Coaster trains are special to me. It seems not many people here know about Ultimate Ride, but it was a simple coaster simulator published in 2001. It came with 3 coaster types and 4 train themes: steel, wood, and hanging, and steampunk, sci-fi, medieval fantasy, and generic themes. For a 2001 game the models were extremely basic with a handful of polygons and low resolution textures. For a roller coaster train modeler, none of the twelve trains were all that interesting or even good, except the steampunk wooden coaster train. Its shape is reminiscient of a wood sailing ship, with crosshatched yellow panels that resemble windows on said ships. Lamps on the front and rear of the car complete the look. Making the model for RCT was a challenge because the car's proportions could not be conserved. In Ultimate Ride, the cars appear to be sized for two people sitting single-file. But the wooden coaster track in RCT is much wider than that, so it had to be widened to 2-abreast seating. The seat backs were very high as well, and a number of ofher issues with getting the shape right. In Ultimate Ride there are no people, no restraints, and no doors, but RCT has people and has all those things, so I added them to make the ride stand out.

I hope you all enjoy the rides this year and enjoyed hearing the backstories of them.
  • tce_k%s's Photo

Thanks for the write-up and backstories how these rides came about.

Much appreciated.

Have you ever tried making custom cars for the Dodgems? I have downloaded a couple of custom dodgems years ago which are very good in game.

• CedarPoint6%s's Photo

Here are some suggestions for future vehicles:

- Premier Sky Rocket II

- Vekoma new junior trains (https://rcdb.com/12835.htm#p=78102)

- Vekoma traditional Roller Skater (https://rcdb.com/1229.htm#p=25324)

- Vekoma new SFC/STC trains (https://rcdb.com/12838.htm#p=78122)

- Intamin family launch coaster motorbike (https://rcdb.com/11058.htm#p=71222)

- Intamin family launch jet skis (https://rcdb.com/4293.htm#p=111692)

- Intamin new launch trains (https://rcdb.com/16812.htm#p=106958)

- Standard Wacky Worm train (https://rcdb.com/4254.htm#p=22582)

- Mack spinning coaster (https://rcdb.com/12224.htm#p=59408)  You mentioned this one previously, but bringing it up again!)

- Gerstlauer spinning coaster (https://rcdb.com/4042.htm#p=29478)

- Togo sit down trains-- the double hood scoop variety (of any really) (https://rcdb.com/12040.htm#p=104102)

- Fabbri Astral (https://rcdb.com/1107.htm#p=112866)

Apologies if some of these have been suggested previously!  If I think of any other potentially useful ones, I'll let you know.

• zackrctgame1999%s's Photo

I wish Spacek should to make Schiff Wild Mouse CTR.

• spacek531%s's Photo

I just remembered that, although I published my Premier Skyrocket and Intamin LSM New Generation trains on github, I never linked them here. Download them now!

spacek531, can you do Schiff Wild Mouse CTR?

• spacek531%s's Photo

There's already two Schiff Wild Mouse rides ingame, they're wooden wild mouse

But Schiff Wild Mouse was hybrid steel tracked wild mouse coaster.

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

There's already two Schiff Wild Mouse rides ingame, they're wooden wild mouse

I don't think there are. I had to look this up because I'd never heard of Schiff, but this thread has a lot of pictures and they look quite different, plus I don't think there were any extant at the time of the game's release.

Given that Sawyer was British, I suspect that the wooden wild mouse is based on the Blackpool version (which RCDB says was built in house), and the wooden mine ride is based on the one that was at Southport Pleasureland (RCDB doesn't list a manufacturer). It's also possible that it was based on the Hopkins version which seems to have been the most common worldwide at the time, but honestly they all look so similar that it's also entirely possible that Sawyer didn't have a specific model in mind.

There were no Schiff models still extant at the time of the game's release, as far as I can tell, though there was this one that only closed in 1997.

However, given that the trains do all look very similar and this is a pretty obscure ride type, it's probably sufficient to just use the default trains if you want to build one of these.

Tags