H2H9 / Head-2-Head-9: Rules & Sign-Ups

• Jene%s's Photo

Role: player

Games: OpenRCT2/ RCT2 WW/TT

Availability: I work 4 days a week, so I'll be able to build in multiple evenings and on the weekend. I have a vacation planned in the first 2 weeks of september. 

• Steve%s's Photo

Captain. ORCT2 only. I'm always available and always ready.

• Liampie%s's Photo

I'd like to take away some concerns from players who are on the fence about signing up.

The contest potentially running into September may seem intimidating. Who is around for that? And maybe you have a demanding job, or you'll be away from RCT starting in May. As an experienced captain and potential captain for this H2H, I say: sign up. SIGN UP, even if you can only play RCT for two weeks from the next six months. Be clear and vocal about your limited availability, and leave it up to the captains to decide where you fit into their plans. Personally, I always take a question mark or two on board. Players with very limited availability have contributed in significant ways on my teams before. Now with the expanded team size, there's more room for players like you than ever. Sign up. No reasonable captain will demand more of you than you're willing to give. Sign up!

• hydroportal%s's Photo

Role:Player

Games: Openrct2

Availability: My finals are around june, but other than that, nothings really holding me down. Im all in, and ill find the time like always.

• RenĂ©%s's Photo

Role: Player

Games: OpenRCT2

Availability: I would really like to do quite a lot of work on one park but I might not have enough time to work on multiple parks.

• Dark_Horse%s's Photo

Would love to work with some new people, but unfortunately, I don't have the mental stamina for this right now.

Goal: not get drafted.

• Loderall%s's Photo

Availability: yes
  • AJ-%s's Photo

Games: OpenRCT2/WWTT/ and LL

Availability: available very often to build and reachable/ able to correspond basically 24/7

• Coaster-GEOFF%s's Photo
    Role: playah!
    Games: openRCT2, CSO, NCSO, LL, down for whatever!
    Availably: no job atm, but whenever restaurants open up again in Belgium (which could me in may...), I have to work my ass off to get my business some breathing room again.
    That being said, if that happens I'm definitely all in, every minute I'm available as I just went true a divorce and need to have some distraction when not working!

Please, pick me, pick me! *Jumping like a kid at gym class*
  • MK98%s's Photo

Role: playah!
    Please, pick me, pick me! *Jumping like a kid at gym class*

I hated being last pick

• Lilith%s's Photo
    playing loopy land scapes

Availability: who knows. might be busy with a move around gemini season. you may file an inquiry for further details and we will try to respond within 30-90 business days
  • Six Frags%s's Photo

Lol, was actually already starting to play with the new plugins and trying out stuff in Open, because of all the H2H talk on Discord I had a feeling H2H9 could be around the corner :p So glad it's back and great to see that video! Makes all the hype even better, awesome work Roy! So it's time for me to prove I can still build stuff in this game, but I think previous H2H I proved I can still be of value to a team after not having released stuff for a long time ;)

Games: All, but prefer Openrct2

Availability: As I'm in between jobs I have quite a lot of time available atm

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

Put me in the game coach! I'm in!

Games: All, but prefer Openrct2

Availability: Work will pick up with vaccines being jammed in people's arms, but I usually have time most days to place some objects here and there.

History: I seem to under-perform in H2H, so gamble on me if you dare :D

Goal: Build something cool, have fun. Everybody take a chill pill and just have a good time this season. Keep the drama in your pants this time around.

• Recurious%s's Photo

I feel like I am ready to get hurt again.

Role: player

Availability: I work full time, but I should have time in the evenings and in weekends.

Can do both Fantasy or Realism. You can expect me to either contribute a relatively large portion to one park (similar to last H2H) or smaller portions to multiple parks. I am mainly looking forward to working together with other people. Also one thing to note, I build relatively slow (I think), so may be more useful for one of the later rounds.

• In:Cities%s's Photo
    Captain
    Openrct2
    I'll make time
  • Splitvision%s's Photo

Joining the madness!

Availability: Full-time working normal hours, expecting a bit of a workload increase towards the summer. Two-three weeks of vacation planned somewhere late July/earl August during which I won't be playing.

EDIT: Rereading my availability it kind of sounds like I'm referring to working with H2H full-time haha. Unfortunately I'm referring to a boring day job.

Goal: To see what it's like to participate in the most mythical RCT contest on the planet! I've been around for a really long time but never got into the contest side of the game. The GT earlier this year is the only contest I've entered apart from a QFTB a million years ago, and it really whetted my appetite. I've done collaborations on smaller scales before, but I really look forward to brainstorming wacky ideas with a bigger group, to play to my strengths (and to utilize other player's strengths) and to see (hopefully) amazing parks come together at breakneck speeds!

Timezone: PDT

Strengths (can help with): Idea generation, object making, some basic ride making, basic hex editing, shoestringing etc, peepability (believe me I've spent an insane amount of time on that last part for many of my parks with complex layouts). I've also got a good eye for design on a more general level, color & texture matching etc, and am comfortable using various Adobe programs for graphic design.

Neither great nor crap at: Archy, macro planning, coaster layouts (that look OK if not realistic)

Weaknesses (probably can't help much with): Real life theme park knowledge, realistic coasters, not the fastest builder.

I see other players posting this so I'll say the same: if any captains want to see screens of recent work, just sent me a message.

• Camcorder22%s's Photo

player

openrct2

I honestly don't have a whole lot of time at all but Liam's comment convinced me.  Been working 50-60 hours a week between my full time job and studio/band stuff.  However my job gives me a lot of flexibility to fuck around especially working from home.  Can either contribute on one park or maybe do floater stuff, but should have enough time for lots of feedback.  either way i'm an ideal last pick steal.  

Likely moving at the end of June so i'll probably be out of commission from like June 20-July 10.  

EDIT: Goal: Mostly just want to hang with cool people while being creative/learning more, etc.  Already won two H2Hs so its not a bucket list thing, but I do tend to get competitive and I think competition and help facilitate the creative part.  I think I'd prefer being a secondary builder for this one rather than having to lead a park.

EDIT EDIT: I have made objects before.  Don't want to, but can do it in a pinch lol.  

• hoobaroo%s's Photo
    Player
    OpenRCT2
    Pretty available

Goals:
    Get to know the community better
    Collaborate and exchange ideas with many great builders
    Make some spectacular stuff
    Have fun
  • inthemanual%s's Photo

Goal: Build something cool, have fun. Everybody take a chill pill and just have a good time this season. Keep the drama in your pants this time around.

Can everyone signing up include their goals for the contest as well? I can imagine captains appreciating different outlooks on competition, collaboration, and entertainment as valuable drafting knowledge.
  • Scoop%s's Photo

Can everyone signing up include their goals for the contest as well? I can imagine captains appreciating different outlooks on competition, collaboration, and entertainment as valuable drafting knowledge.

Thats a great idea. I second this.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading