H2H9 / Advertise Yourself

• nin%s's Photo
    nin/alex/AVC park plz
  • spacek531%s's Photo

I'm sure everyone is familiar with the custom rides I create. In Head2Head8, they were instrumental in the vibrancy and atmosphere of Mount Haystack Ski Resort and Zerzura, and also notably Pacific Ocean Park Vespucci Beach. With over 120 ride objects under my belt, I am the most experienced custom tracked ride creator for Open/RCT2. I am also pretty handy with hacks, and I can modify the OpenRCT2 source code to achieve otherwise-difficult or impossible effects.

On the building aspect, I don't have a lot of experience with framing, massing, color space, foliage, ride design, layout, and other artistic aspects of park design, so I would be a poor fit for floater. I can build some, as seen with my old 5x5 design and the designs of the two chairlifts in Haystack, but I'm not an anchor.

• Coaster-GEOFF%s's Photo

I guess it’s my turn now…

As most of you know by now, I am an old school early 2000s player who unfortunately left the game for far too long, until this year.

After some NCSO warming-up with some DKMP contests…

Attached Image: Tag Park 4 2021-02-03 16-48-15.png

Attached Image: Wonderlandia 2021-03-20 12-03-47.png

… I decided to go back to CSO and committed myself to get better and better by reading and asking a lot of feedback from you guys.

When GT 2020 started it felt like the perfect time for me to tackle this even further and teaming up with some of you legends made me stronger then ever before.

Under the much appreciated wings of future captain Scoop, I sculptured one of my first real archy attempts… corner building and lighthouse.

Attached Image: Cuba Libre Gardens 2021-03-20 12-07-34.png

Attached Image: Cuba Libre Gardens 2021-03-20 12-07-46.png

Mamarillas made me push modern archy to a next level

Attached Image: Ruacana, Namibia 2021-03-20 12-06-52.png

While some awesome tips from RCT Pioneer Liam put my work on the NE-map

Attached Image: GT 2020 Nepal - Geoff 2021-03-20 12-08-20.png

Attached Image: GT 2020 Nepal - Geoff 2021-03-20 12-08-53.png

After that I went all in with my man Zarathustra and I made, what I think, is my best stuff yet to date

Attached Image: Cape Horn Adventure Park 2021-03-20 12-04-39.png

Attached Image: Cape Horn Adventure Park 2021-03-20 12-04-51.png

Then the unthinkable happened and I got into the Finals!

To stand out of the rest of the contestants I had to come up with an original idea and this map was born.

Although I ended up last place I can proudly say I did a great job and most of all, improved my skills to get ready for the next chapter!

Attached Image: Longyearbyen by Geoff 2021-01-17 14-12-02.png

Attached Image: Longyearbyen by Geoff 2021-03-20 12-11-53.png

Attached Image: Longyearbyen by Geoff 2021-01-20 19-09-59.png

As closure of my streak of building I made a small project for a contest scoop was having right after GT.

Attached Image: Workbench 2020 2021-03-20 12-13-04.png

Since last project I have been struggling with some personal issues such as surviving corona with my business and a divorce, which kept me away from rct for a while now… But this H2H feels like the perfect time to get my shit back together and have once again some highly needed distraction from life!

So basically, what can you expect from a player like me?

I am very good with following instructions and try to execute every idea as perfect as can be.

I’m a real team-player and will do whatever is necessary to keep drama away.

I have been growing a lot with archy and I must say I think I can be pretty strong with landscape and foliage.

You might want to avoid giving me to much lay-out work though as I consider that to be my weakness and some guidance in the beginning stages would be very appreciated.

Here’s a final Collage from my buddy Henkie!

Attached Image: collage.png

Thank you and I hope to see you as a team member in about a week!!

• ottersalad%s's Photo

I know I've already posted in this topic already, but figured I'd add my pros/cons here:

Pros:

- good at following directions to realize the vision of a park leader

- completely willing to nuke stuff to meet demands of a park leader / captain. Was a common theme in Mekong and Grand Central to keep trying and trying to get the right ideas on the map

- helpful with brainstorming and gathering source material, really enjoy researching

- can do NCSO or CSO, obviously I have focused on NCSO for the past year, but with parks like Karivo Lodge I am still building with custom scenery

- I enjoy semi-realism and more fantasy type of projects for H2H (see Arcanis Mineralis or Grand Central), but all my solos have been more realism-based.

- always active and on discord, even if I'm not post on #rct_discussion 

Cons:

- Can be a slow builder if I'm not fully inspired or given clear directions

- not the best at macro planning

- never carried a park in H2H

- haven't tried to do the new meta of overdetailed path textures

• Recurious%s's Photo

Decided to also make a post here because why not. Even though I have not been posting that many screens recently I have been building somewhat actively. See the screen below for some recent work. A lot of it is still somewhat unfinished hence the atrocious crops.

Pros:

- Architecture

- Good at coming up with ideas/concepts.

- Both into (semi-)realism [1] and fantasy [2] [3].

- Previous contest experience, both in H2H [2] and other contests [3] [4] [5]

- I would like to think I am easy to work with / I like working with other people.

- Good at building boats [1] [2] [7].

- Overall decent at the game [6].

Negatives:

- Macro/making a park overall come together. I often have lots of ideas which can make my parks feel a bit cramped sometimes. However I am now aware of this and am actively trying to prevent this in the future.

- Cropping screens [8] [9].

- I generally build slow.

What I am looking for this H2H and what you can expect from me:

- I personally think my biggest weakness is macro/making the park as a whole come together. Therefore I would really like to collaborate with someone who is good at this, someone who can push the brake a little on all the ideas I come up with and who can help me in picking out what ideas to put into a park and which ideas to kill.

- My availability will be less than previous H2H, I am working full time now which means I will mainly be working in weekends and evenings. However, since last H2H I also gained much more experience at the game, so I think I will still be able to make a large contribution to one park similar to how I did for the apprenticeship. Alternatively, I would also be happy by contributing smaller bits (like 20%-30% shares) to multiple parks (although my preference would probably go to contributing a large share to one park together with one other player, kind of like a duo).

- I don't want to get DQ'ed this time around.

For reference, see below some of the stuff I worked on/am working on.

Attached Image: WorkSinceLastH2H.png

I hope someone likes what they see and decide to pick me up. I look forward to working with y'all.

• PhoenixWing101%s's Photo

Posting here because I'm very much new to NE but have been active in other RCT communities for around 18 months now.

A showcase of my work

Pros

- I was used to building realistic coasters even before I picked RCT back up in 2019. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to making realistic coaster layouts, even for fantasy parks.

- Lengthy experience with NCSO builds in many different styles, and a desire to build in more styles

- Experience making CSO Ride Vehicles, which I can bring to a team

- Can speedbuild where necessary, and speedbuild to a high quality.

- Experience with shoestringing - both from flat rides to entire Rollercoasters

- Experience with vehicle hacking using the Vehicle Hacking Plugin

- Basically always online on Discord if you need to reach me

Cons

- Basically no experience in CSO. Whilst I would like to learn... don't expect me to carry here.

- New to H2H and NE so I'm still not 100% sure what I'm doing, and I only know a few people.

- Need to be motivated to build or make ride vehicles; COVID isolation has made my motivation variable. Hopefully my mental health holds together.

- I have a nasty habit of leaving things until the last minute when it comes to RCT. This wasn't an issue in my joint RCC entry with Shen or with building in the group Tag Parks largely because other people were relying on me to finish it in time, but it's something to be aware of.

- My solo entries tend to be very cramped and not have a lot of breathing room, though I'm aware of this and working on it.

What to expect from me

- I'll definitely try to get custom rides for any park that needs them, as well as helping with layouts and some of the more technical aspects of the game like Vehicle Hacking

- I will probably spend 5 minutes building a layout and then 5 hours tweaking it until it's perfect.

- I will pull my weight with the scenery on any NCSO park I'm put in, but expect me to take a more technical role on any CSO projects. I will absolutely do the custom supports though because I have experience with this, and I will probably be good with foliage.

- I'm learning every day with RCT and (hopefully) improving all the time. Whilst I don't promise I will suddenly become competent with CSO, I'll damn well try my hardest if it's needed!

• SensualEthiopianPolice%s's Photo

Western Park I've been working on and off again for a couple years now Attached Image: Xtreme97 Workbench 2014 2021-03-21 16-55-58.png

PROS:
    -Good Rockwork
    -Makes great fried rice

CONS:
    -I still don't know how to make good stations

• ultro%s's Photo

Image editing skills aside, I present thee my repertoire:

Attached Image: advertise.png

• Lotte%s's Photo

Attached Image: bus.png

Did I mention I make busses that sell miscellaneous food items?

• Version1%s's Photo

So now that my latest park is out, here a overview of my released work (still have bits of a new park ready on request of captains):

Attached Image: NE_Workbench_2017_by_Louis_2021-03-23_11-00-01.png

Attached Image: NE_Workbench_2017_by_Louis_2021-03-23_11-00-23.png

Attached Image: NE_Workbench_2017_by_Louis_2021-03-23_11-00-36.png

Attached Image: Ride_The_Lightning_2021-03-23_11-03-35.png

Attached Image: Heckengau_2.0_2021-03-23_11-04-00.png

Attached Image: Heckengau_2.0_2021-03-23_11-04-07.png

Attached Image: Heckengau_2.0_2021-03-23_11-04-34.png

Attached Image: Heckengau_2.0_2021-03-23_11-05-39.png

Attached Image: Fort_Fun_Abenteuerland_2021-03-23_11-06-59.png

• Jene%s's Photo

Pros:
    - Open to feedback and easy to work with 
    - Lots of out of the box ideas and concepts 
    - Likes colorful stuff
    - Likes the puzzle of shoestring stuff 
    - Obsession with hotels in prominant places

Cons:
    - no experience in contests 
    - coaster layouts
    - I'm a slow builder on solo-projects, but if I get regular feedback and get in the flow, I can be quite fast.  

Attached Image: Jene - Beauclair.png new stuff

Attached Image: Jene - KotMaS entrance.png posted stuff

Attached Image: Jene - Magician´s Village.png old stuff I'm still working on

Attached Image: Jene - WDS Entrance.png updated stuff

Attached Image: Jene - Terra.png old stuff that I liked

Attached Image: Jene - WDS Ratatouille.png more updated stuff
  • sheeple%s's Photo

Henlo people. Heres that random guy you might not know if you dont look on the discord who signed up for this for some reason. 

Yeah where do I start... Now i dont actually have too much to advertise since... I actually havent done toooooo much in the 2 or so years I have been playing OpenRCT2. Mostly mini plots over at DKMP and RC&F. Thats because I was mostly doing Parkitect and... raging at how stupid of a game Planet Coaster is sometimes. Heres my Parkitect (Great America) stuff by the way: https://imgur.com/a/oaWuaY6 (its better then my RCT2 stuff honestly). But anyway, the thing that took more time and effort that I did was Defunct over at RC&F. I did the one in 2020, where you had to build a small theme park area, and now I am hoping to expand that area that I build into a whole park in the future. But, havent gotten around to that yet.

So, looks like a lot of people are doing this "Pro-Con" thing so 

Pros:

-I am a guy who strives for realism but could probably do a bit of fantasy stuff as well

-I have a bit of experience with CSO and also with NCSO

-I would say im quite good at Parkitect and I think with enough effort, I could probably translate that to OpenRCT2

-I would say im pretty decent at (realistic) coasters?

Cons

-I'm quite inexperienced compared to basically all of you

-I am not amazing with CSO, I really have to get used to the pieces and everything first.

-Please dont ask me to do custom supports (it will go wrong)

Heres some stuff i did:

Columbia Gardens, that CSO thing for Defunct

Attached Image: image836.png

and some old NCSO plots from RC&F. These are quite old but I think parts have held up alright.

Attached Image: image843.png

Attached Image: image887.png

• Gustav Goblin%s's Photo
    Hey everyone! I'm that dude who praises everyone's work in the Discord. Outside of that, though, I've played RCT2 for 17 years and cherish it as one of my favorite games of all time. Upon joining New Element, I've participated in Micro Madness 3 and the Grand Tour 2020.

I pride myself on designing imaginative coaster layouts which can still be seen as realistic and authentic. I also enjoy making the most out of tight spaces. While I don't have substantial experience with custom scenery, I'm always willing to learn, experiment, and use others' criticism to further my growth. I'm also adaptable and changing my style to suit the project at hand. I'm a sleeper pick for H2H9, and I won't let my team down.

Carnaval Cubano (GT20):

sxuG62e.png

uSoVWh9.png

SP2PmrU.png

Terra Della Torre (GT20):

TiGX265.png

z7rGTE2.png

Porto di Pittura (DKMP server micro):

5029.png
  • In:Cities%s's Photo

nice work gustav! You really stepped it up during GT.

• bigshootergill%s's Photo
    Where’s the thread where captains can advertise themselves so we can see if we even want to play for them? :D
  • In:Cities%s's Photo

good idea!

went ahead and made one for you;

https://www.nedesign...ties/?tab=parks

• Scoop%s's Photo

Welp. I guess I need to advertise now that I'm a free agent. 

This season I want to break away from my realistic tendencies and build more conceptual work like Ukiyo (Center photo).  I want to stay away from IP's as well, except for a couple that I love.  I want to work on 3 parks and am looking to lead one of them at least.  I am very open right now. Until I find a job in my field I only have to worry about my part time gig. So I have a lot of free time at the moment.

Attached Image: h2h9 Collage.png

• FredD%s's Photo

As I'm in the same boat as Scoop, I'll throw in my collage here as well. I already posted some bigger screenshots on the first page. I also want to emphasize I do want to work on at least 2 parks. In the previous 3 editions I only contributed to 1 park per contest which is kinda sad. I'm eager and motivated to do more and y'all know I have productive periods. I could see myself attributing on more than 2 parks. 

Unavailabe between 10 & 18 July and 28 August & 5 September, depending on what travel restrictions will be at the time. 

6811.png

• Paeve%s's Photo

I figured I'd post since no one really knows me here. Just going right into some things I've built in the past that have stood out in my head.

I am more of a technical player, looking to add more depth to a team by bringing hacky and innovative new ideas to the table.

I was the first person to utilize the green square trick to create underwater movement that resemble fish. This trick is great and I think every body of water looks better with movement.

Attached Image: green.gif

I created a functioning dual station without using shoestringing. It utilizes the fact that brake speed is tied to individual track pieces, and chain lift speed is tied to the individual ride. There is a small hill inside the station to "sort" the trains into the proper platform.

Attached Image: station.PNG

Attached Image: station2.PNG

I can shoestring a lot of different flatrides. Recently I've been working through a newish concept to utilize multiple control tracks to control the train. I believe that ingenuity and know-how is a must have on any team.

Attached Image: drop.gif

More recent endeavors have been focused on trying to perfect the "overgrown abandoned" look and feel of a run-down factory. I like to look closely at a theme and try to improve it every time I use it. This one isn't quite where I want it yet, but I like showing it off since I haven't seen much of it.

Attached Image: grey.PNG

Attached Image: grey2.PNG

Attached Image: grey3.PNG

For me I love landscaping and nature scenes. Rivers cutting through mountains I can always make look good. Terraced gardens are what I really like to build into corners of managed garden areas. I am very good at blending nature or wooded areas into managed and inhabited areas.

Attached Image: gard.PNG

Attached Image: gard2.PNG

Attached Image: gard3.PNG

Attached Image: water.PNG

Unfortunately my only CSO experience is with custom supports, but that won't stop me! Given new tools I adapt quickly and learn fast. CSO doesn't really seem overwhelming to me, and I need an excuse to jump in head first!

• Six Frags%s's Photo

Most of my stuff you can see in my profile, but here's a cut bit from last H2H, where I was for a while attached to our semi-finals park with cp6 and Steve (Allegheny Adventures). As our Grand Finals park was in a rough shape I stepped up to be the lead on that project, to at least get a finished park submitted. 

I'm actually quite proud of the work I did on Allegheny, made some custom objects (also a skill I can bring to my potential team ;) ) for it to resemble the real entrance we were basing the park on (Dollywood).

Anyways, here's the screen:

Attached Image: Allegheny Adventures.jpg

And, for funzies,  what it was based upon:

Showstreet_Entrance.jpg

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading