Pro Tour 1 / The NE Pro Tour

This topic hosts comments for 68 parks(View Parks)
  • Titan%s's Photo
    Well I didn't come near finishing mine, its about 34%... oh well... good luck to all that entered...

Maybe I'll just make a mini park out of it and send it for a runnerup...
  • \/\/33/\/\an%s's Photo

Maybe I'll just make a mini park out of it and send it for a runnerup...

Mini's hardly get even runnerups even if they were good. :twitch:

G00d luck every0ne!
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo

Mini's hardly get even runnerups even if they were good. :twitch:

G00d luck every0ne!

They can't cause i thought spotlights and runner ups had to be at least 120x120.
  • California Coasters%s's Photo
    Ok, since I forgot about my Pro Tour entry when I decided to quit RCT, I'll come back, and try my best to get in... I REALLY want to do this!
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Here's hoping there'll be plenty of LL entries for the steel twister competition....everyone knows they make a cooler noise in LL than in rct2!
  • artist%s's Photo

Ok, since I forgot about my Pro Tour entry when I decided to quit RCT, I'll come back, and try my best to get in... I REALLY want to  do this!

I thought you would come back ;)

~NC~
  • MightyMouse%s's Photo

Here's hoping there'll be plenty of LL entries for the steel twister competition....everyone knows they make a cooler noise in LL than in rct2!

Here's one of them ;)
  • Ride6%s's Photo

I disagree. The RCT2 "roar" is far more fitting of B&Ms and there by of the steel twister. So there.

Can't wait to see the results!
  • v1perz%s's Photo
    RCT2 has a more realistic B&M sound, RCT1 has a cooler sound. Anyways, that should be the best contest so far (hopefully). I hope im not dissapointed by the results.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    The RCT 1 B&M sound is actually more befitting of an Arrow multi-looper. But nothing beats that B&M Roar. *DROOL*
  • iris%s's Photo
    Round 8 has come to an end.
    Corkscrewed assisted me once again, since he always seems to be up for the job when I need a judge.

The winner this time comes from someone I'd never seen work from before, and I was thoroughly impressed. I went back and looked at some prior screens from this person in the Ad. District and wasn't nearly as impressed as I was by his actual entry, so I'm just hoping he has improved in time. Definitely a great entry though, and me and Corkscrewed both agree he quite easily had this one...as he submitted his entry only a few minutes before the deadline. There were a couple great entries battling for the distant second, between RWAdams' newest entry (Keep trying man, I love your style...so much fun to look at!), a WW entry that's more innovative then anything else, a LL entry that is good in quality, but in a style that has been overdone quite a bit lately, and another RCT2 entry that could have been better if not being so boring.

The winner of this contest is....
    Alienated
    Welcome Alienated to the Pro Tour!

1. The Legend of Illibia by Alienated
    2. First Knight by RWAdams
    3. Urban Sprawl by Jacko Shanty
    4. #77571 by MightyMouse011
    4. Trebuchet by Coasterkidmwm
    Thanks to those who entered.
  • Janus%s's Photo
    Alienated - Cool theming, maybe a bit cluttered though. Nice coaster design, making the train go backwards was a good idea. Great interaction with the scenery and the landscape.

I'll look at the other entries later. Jacko's entry is WW? What was he thinking?

EDIT: Okay, I've looked at rwadams' entry. He should have won IMO. That castle was just amazing. The little village was so atmospheric. My only major complaint is the treeing... Landscape under the trees.
    The coaster itself was cool, and had pretty good ratings, wonderful scenery interaction.
  • Titan%s's Photo
    So which entries are which? (LL,RCT2,WW)
  • Janus%s's Photo
    Alienated - LL
    rwadams - RCT2
    Jacko Shanty - WW
    MightyMouse011 - LL
    Coasterkidmwm - RCT2
  • Titan%s's Photo
    Thanks Janus.

I've only seen rwadams, but was very impressed with it. The coaster left alittle to be disired though...
  • CoasterkidMWM%s's Photo
    I don't have WW or LL so sorry guys. God I wish I could theme. Iris, I hope you mean't that my attempt at medieval theming and architecture was terrible, not the coaster. Anywho...

rwadams' Entry
    -Intersting theming. I wish I could make massive buildings like that and still have it look good.
    -Very creative
    -I didn't like how the ride seemed to be a jumble of helixes and hills. Had you not had the inversions, this would have made a good hyper coaster
    -The ride didn't really feel like a B&M.
    -I really liked the hidden inversions at the end of the ride. A complete surprise
    -No huge pacing problems or anything. I think it could have been slightly faster.
    -I will enjoy
    -This is just a suggestion for the future. If you're going to make a realistic "B&M dip". Make a two or one segment piece of flat track, then start making your massive drop. Also only have the initial small drop (the one with the chain on it) go down 1 unit instead of two like you made it. I hope you understood what I just said.
    -Don't get down on what I said, it was a great, very entertaining entry. Just work on your coaster layouts. Look at some of B&M's rides. A great site to see coaster pictures in www.rcdb.com Keep chugging out work like this. I like it!
  • artist%s's Photo
    Alienated- I though yours was definetly the best here a nice hacked coaster , beautiful scenery and the colours.

RWAdams- I liked your alot to the castle was great and all the little flags and moats. Definetly a 2nd place.

Jacko Shanty- I dont have WW sorry i couldnt view yours.

I will look at the rest later.

Well Done Alienated and welcome to the Pro Tour.

~NC~
  • Leighx%s's Photo
    well done alienated.
    i guess your entry was great but i am unable to look at it because rct1 does not work on the computer.

rwadams= looked nice but i didnt like all the flags waving about. and the coaster was great!!.

jacko shanty= i liked urs it had some good hacks, i espeicaly like the coaster going down the road thingy.

MightyMouse011= again sorry i couldnt look at because of me not having rct1.

Coasterkidmwm= was ok but i thought it was abit bit plain and the path ways were a little open.

sorry i couldnt veiw all the parks :(.

:et:
  • rwadams%s's Photo
    Congratulations Alienated, I don't have RCT1 instaled, so couldn't look at it.

-This is just a suggestion for the future. If you're going to make a realistic "B&M dip". Make a two or one segment piece of flat track, then start making your massive drop. Also only have the initial small drop (the one with the chain on it) go down 1 unit instead of two like you made it.

The dip wasn't planed. After I got all the scenary around the coaster, the EIN numbers poped into the red. I had to slow the coaster down to get the numbers back in line. With out doing a major rebuild and destroying a lot of scenary, I decided to lower the lift hill. I had to put in the dip to get the track lined up again.

-I didn't like how the ride seemed to be a jumble of helixes

There was only one and it was buried in the castle.

This is the last round I will be entering. I haven't had nor will I have the time to enter the other rounds. Good luck to all that are in and all that will be.

Rog :xmas:
  • CoasterkidMWM%s's Photo

There was only one and it was buried in the castle.

What I mean't is how the whole thing seemed to have the whole thing seemed to be turns.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading