RCT Discussion / RCTClub Switchage

• Jacko Shanty%s's Photo
    ^But what about Club Spoon?
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Club Spoon is currently under renovations.

We (and by 'we' I mean 'I') will re-emerge as RCT!.

That's right, RCT!.

Just as RCTM is shorthand for RCT Masters and RCTF is shorthand for RCT Fucked-up, RCT! is short for RCT Chik.

A shout to everyone's favorite "dancepunk" band.
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    ^That is the club that will prevail.
  • sfgadv02%s's Photo

RCT! is short for RCT Chik.

Thats gorgeous.
  • Silenced%s's Photo
    I love it Moon.
  • AustinPowers%s's Photo
    Ok, I guess I have a few things to address, lol.

And you did this without consulting your members.
    Way to go, Adolf.

No, I discussed this with every one of my members to get their questions, concerns, and feelings about it. To my knowledge Gym also talked to a majority of his members and to those he didn't, he posted about it in the RCTU forums, I'm not completely sure though.

Who do you think will be layed off?

In fact, no one was layed off due to the merge. There were two RCTI members who were cut, however, I was planning on cutting them well before the merge was even discussed. They were cut due to long-term inactivity.

What I'd like to know is who OK'd the name.
    There wasn't anything wrong with Ultimate or Innovation, was there?

The name was agreed on by gym and myself, though I came up with it. There was nothing wrong with either of our previous names...but we wanted a new name for a brand new club.

Honestly to me, this is the most insignificant, boring 'merger' I've ever seen.

But...to each his own.

I'm still more hyped about SDI then I am about "RCTFusion"

LOL...good for you.

Club division!!!
    It would kick so much ass if there was like a schism in the clubs, and Ultimate and Innovation split, but then there would be moles on either side and it would be like West Side Story. God that would be awesome. Settle it in an RCT park battle royale.

Maybe this is why people are reacting this way. People thought clubs hated each other. Sorry to break that myth.

I honestly see the destruction of two clubs coming from this.

I don't see how this could bring the destruction of the clubs. It might not work out, sure, but complete destruction...no. The worst that could happen is that we resplit and continue on our ways.

I also hate to see some of the communities biggest jackasses get together so that they may romp around the site to say how they are the best the community has seen.

I know you arent referring to me as a jackass, but I have not seen anyone romp around saying we are the best. We simply said we had merged.

So what if you're merged together, is it such a big deal?

Again, we didn't say it was a big deal. We merely wanted to inform people of the merge so that there would be no confusion in the future.

This seems like a short-term solution to issues within the individual clubs.

Actually it is a long term solution. I will try to explain the reasons I decided to go through with the merge:
    1. College. Plain and simple, gym and I were both unsure of the futures of our clubs with the fact that we were starting college. Neither of us wanted our clubs to collapse, so we decided that a merge would help us out by lessening the work load on both of us when it came to being a club leader.
    2. Members. Since the community is not growing much these days, finding very talented members to join is very difficult. This merge would bring many new, highly talented members into the ranks. This means more people to work closely with, hopefully more parks being worked on, more people to get advice and criticism from, and more styles to learn from.
    3. Activity. I am well aware of the present inactivity of the RCTU members. This was one of my main concerns. However, I fully believe that this merge will spark some activity and we can build on that. I think most will agree that I am very organized, and I believe this will be one key factor to achieve activity. I also believe that many RCTU members want to get moving again...and with my active members coming in...I think the energy will wear off on others and we will be able to kick things in gear.

I know there is alot of work ahead, but we have two leaders to get it all done. I am confident in our future.

AP
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    No one has been doing the bragging yet AP, but I know some of the members in that club, and it'll only take some time for it to happen.
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    since clubs are fun, and I'm going to have more fun with this merge and in the new, better club...then I don't especially care what everyone thinks. I consulted most of the active members, and most were excited about it. I didn't catch a few of them. Adolf.

Anyways, Ilook forward to enjoying myself in the new club...cya.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo

I have my reservations about this. I joined RCTU not RCT Fusion. There are other ways of getting in touch with people other then AIM too, I think it would have been a good idea to set a poll up in these forums asking what everyone in the club thought of this proposed merger before asking a select few who were online and jumping straight into it. I don't like the fact that a club that has taken a good 2 years to mould and gain its own identity is now just lumbered in with RCTI and co-owned by a pretty new face in the community thinking in club terms. I don't care if you think he is very trust worthy and are good online friends Gym I don't think it is right he has 50% control of RCTU under his belt now. A better option would have been to have asked someone already in the club to co-own it with you, someone who has been in it for a long time and knows everything there is to know about it, possibly Mort, Freak or even myself. And then recruiting some more members to bolster our own club, we wouldn't be back to the good old' days immediately but nothing happens straight away it takes time and effort. This just seems a cop out.

I have a feeling the fact we will be the No.1 club held too much weight in your final decision here. It seems we have always had a life long feud with other clubs and we will never have the productivity to match them but this is an easy way to overcome that. In the end I and every other LLer gains nothing from this but being part of an even larger and less select group and now having a co-leader that I at least don't know or have any respect for.

I don't know what I am going to do yet, I'll wait and see how this pans out before I make a decision about my club future but I'm close to following Freak and co out the door at the moment.

That's what I said in our private forums when I found out about this and I stand by it now. I gain nothing from this so it's time to depart I feel. It's nothing personal as I'm sure you all no I just want to concentrate on my own parks now and not work to any deadlines etc.

I enjoyed it whilst it lasted. Good luck in the future RCTF, you’re gonna need it..
  • Titan%s's Photo
  • Highball%s's Photo
    I agree, Titan.

I can't believe this is causing so much damn controversy. A club is just this: a group of people getting together to do something they mutually enjoy. Both groups enjoy RCT, so what's the problem?

TPM, several members of RCTI have wanted to take a shot at LL. To say this doesn't benefit ya'll is wrong. It gives you LL guys even more people to build with, plus you can show them the ropes of LL. Instead of quitting for 20 different reasons, look at the 20 different reasons you should stay.
  • gir%s's Photo
    I think the exclusivity of a club kind of falls apart when you've got that many members...
  • MindBender5%s's Photo

Why on earth would RCTI and RCTU merge, only to have the two leaders both from RCTU?  What are you on?  I've got great respect for Gym, AP, and ALL of RCTF.

I think he meant keeping RCTU seperate and just having another member step up to take up duties along side of Gym.
  • jhoffa%s's Photo
    rctu never forget
    :(
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo

rctu never forget
    :(

lets just say that at the rate things were going without a big shakeup, things WOULD have been forgotten.

I <3 teh kiddo.
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    This whole topic is just ridiculous. Why don't we all just roll with the punches and see how it turns out? Hmm? Guess not.

Good luck in the masters freak, and i dunno where you're goin TPM, but really, thats absolutely ridiculous.
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo

Ya know, I had some respect for you TPM, but that is long gone.

I would understand if you weren't for the merge, that's fine, but to dis all of RCTI, including AP, one of the best club leaders in the business is out of line.

Why on earth would RCTI and RCTU merge, only to have the two leaders both from RCTU?  What are you on?  I've got great respect for Gym, AP, and ALL of RCTF.

We aren't gonna need any luck, we're set.

Point out where he insulted AP. Cause I don't see it anywhere. He just said he didn't even know the guy, so he wasn't comfortable taking new directions from him as new co-leader. He also was suggesting, as Mindbender5 said, that they keep RCTU as RCTU, and have a second member help Gymkid.

Stop jumping down people's backs if you're not going to read what they have to say.
  • OhioCoasteRFreaK36%s's Photo
    umm....how many of RCTU members actually play the game still? NC quit just recently!...
    AP you dont know what you are doing..you had a good club..but you just gave yourself one huge club now...hmm....ok...whatever...i dont really care to join anymore..
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    Thanks for clarifying what I said Freak and Mindbender. Titan, Mad Dawg, If you're not going to bother to understand what I have to say then don't even waste your time trying to pick a fight with me.

gir's got it right, this is not a club anymore but a collection of parkmakers bundled under one name. I'm not trying to cause any controversy and I don't see anything controversial about this move it just doesn't suit me and I think it could have been handled better. I haven't just quit the club because of this either I had been considering why I was still a member for a while now and this just helped make up my mind. If you people cant live with that (and it seems to be mostly RCTI members) that's not my problem.
  • lazyboy97O%s's Photo
    I can't believe people are so touchy over RCT clubs.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading