RCT Discussion / RCTClub Switchage

• Highball%s's Photo

Thanks for clarifying what I said Freak and Mindbender. Titan, Mad Dawg, If you're not going to bother to understand what I have to say then don't even waste your time trying to pick a fight with me.

gir's got it right, this is not a club anymore but a collection of parkmakers bundled under one name. I'm not trying to cause any controversy and I don't see anything controversial about this move it just doesn't suit me and I think it could have been handled better. I haven't just quit the club because of this either I had been considering why I was still a member for a while now and this just helped make up my mind. If you people cant live with that (and it seems to be mostly RCTI members) that's not my problem.

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. I just said consider both sides before you go making a half ass decision.
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo

AP you dont know what you are doing..you had a good club..but you just gave yourself one huge club now...hmm....ok...whatever...i dont really care to join anymore..

Damn.. what a loss.
  • CP Freak Jon%s's Photo
    Wait, who was dropped from RCT:I to make this thing work?

And where are you guys' forums going to be now?
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo

for the record, it's not like I insisted on the booting of anyone to make RCTI "acceptable" to merge with us. AP was already planning to drop CBAT and SirSpinster, that has nothing to do with the merge.

Also, NC did not quit parkmaking.
  • Drew%s's Photo

SirSpinster and CBAT were cut from RCTI due to inactivity, not to make the merger work.
    The forums are now located at http://www.rctfusion.com/forums

So... When shall we start a park? :D
    Gym, you might want to change your sig. ;)
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    Yay, im happy. Im excited, I dont care if new people do or dont want to join, or what you all think of us. Im sad to see TPM go, I can understand you're reasons though.

Im looking forward to working with certian people, although, I've pretty much worked with everybody I want to.

Why do people always have to be so negative though, the clubs merging is most certainly not going to be a bad thing. Its like an experiment which cant go wrong, RCTI's members arernt going to go 'lazy' because RCTU members are.

Anyways, let me be the first to say good luck to ourselves and hopefully we'll have a bright future.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    ^Yeah, I agree... I think it's human's nature to be negative about changes..
    I think it'll work out nice for both sides, and I'm looking forward working with my new 'buddies' :)
    Let's just all see how this works out and then judge if it does/doesn't...

SF
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    that might be a good idea with my sig.
  • supertrooper%s's Photo
    Personally, this merge didn't matter one way or another to me. I was perfectly content with RCTI, and I believe I will be perfectly content with RCTF too. I enjoy building group parks...period. I'm not interested in our club being better than other clubs. I merely enjoy looking to fellow club members for inspiration, suggestions, and criticisms. None of this will change, I will just have more people to offer their input and help me improve.

I have said before that I don't pay attention to who is in what club, so I am not familiar with many of the RCTU members. I am sure that I will get to know them shortly and that I will enjoy working with them just as much as I do with RCTI members.

I don't really see why this merge is such a big deal. It is just a game after all, and we are just a group of people playing that game.

supertrooper
  • iris%s's Photo
    What I find the most amusing is that every time a member at New Element posts that they don't like the club, either Mad Dawg, AP, or Titan throws a tantrum over it.

"Why am I not surprised?"....First of all...who are you again? And secondly, what does that mean? You take one club, RCTI who makes boring park after boring park, and pair them with a club that hasn't done anything in almost a year. And this is supposed to generate excitement? There are still only a handful of parkmakers that interest me at all in this new "super club!". Putting two of the weaker clubs together does not make them one of the better ones. RCTMasters is still the elite when it comes to parkmaking. I've yet to see a club that can compete with mantis, Twisted, Toon, Micool, Kai, Mike Robbins, etc. and I'm still waiting to see one of these awesome "super club parks" that can rival Myths, Legends, and Folklore. Now first of all, up until reading this I didn't even know who Mad Dawg was...and now I know him as "that dude that's making the wannabe Meretrix park and throws tantrums on people he doesn't even know". Stop complaining to people, and then telling them to be mature...you get what you give, and when you start displaying maturity to some of the people on the board, maybe they'll treat you with some.

As for Austin Powers, very good comment on "LOL good for you!". If you're just going to shrug off all comments that don't go your way, then why bother posting? Next time, put a little disclaimer at the bottom of your posts saying "no negative comments please, we don't care what you think, because this super club is awesome whether you like it or not". Sorry, but I fail to see what's so super about this merger. RCTU is without Butterfinger and Themeparkmaster...so what good are they? RCTI is a collection of repetitive parkmakers who have made the same parks over and over again. They have a few talented people in there, but they're overshadowed by the overrated and undertalented people as well. RCTI got absolutely no stronger adding RCTU to their club, and have done a good job in alienating the RCTU members that have been loyal to them, by just swallowing up a club due to gymkid's lack of interest thanks to college coming up.

I'm perfectly allowed to say that I don't raelly like this merger, nor do I really care about it. It's basically going from one club with 8 talented parkmakers, to one club with 11 talented parkmakers per say...not really a huge advancement...nothing worth remembering, especially when the additions haven't done a single group project since God knows when. Maybe when boring group parks such as "Tiumba", "Iron Wood Valley", "Legendary Tales", and "Secrets of Venice" stop being produced by these so called 'super clubs', then maybe people will give a damn. And AP, if you really wanna start with me, be my guest. I did the whole little "club" thing too...so unless you wanna start comparing parks with City of Dreams, Sunken Retreat, Master's Isle, Chateau Lake, etc. then you might wanna remember who you're talking to.

The funniest thing is, as I stated earlier, SDI is still a better club, even with it's mere 4 or 5 members. Why do I say this? Because I damn well would rather see a group park featuring Slob, Kevin, John, and any average joe then any five members of RCTFusion. With all the members RCTFusion has, they still couldn't make as good of a park as SDI. Not to mention that every group park that has come out of either club has been amazingly predictable and boring, while the Masters complete the amazingly original Master's Pallette and other one of a kind club parks.

All in all, this whole club thing is pretty ridiculous. If you're going to have a club of 20 or so people, why even have one in the first place? You can't make parks with people without having them labeled as your 'club-mate'? It takes the entire point out of it just by scooping up every somewhat decent member that you can. Your club isn't "RCTFusion"...it's basically just "New Element minus the really elite guys", and last time I checked...that's nothing to be too proud over.

So Mad Dawg, AP, whoever it is that wants to try and complain and whine about why their stupid idea sucks, and what I'm not getting, and how immature I'm being...just save it. Save it for someone that really gives a shit. I'm entitled to give my opinion, because you know what? You're a guest at my site. Just remember that next time you try to shrug what I say off. Have a good day.
  • Iced Tea%s's Photo
    I love your new "pissed off at everything and everyone" attitude iris. It suits you.

:l33t:
  • John%s's Photo

We aren't gonna need any luck, we're set.

That coming from someone who was ready to quit RCTI not that long ago. LOL
  • MightyMouse%s's Photo
    Pwned! Thank you very much and that's the last word.on my behalf, at least
  • Titan%s's Photo
    See supertroopers post.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    AP, I told you we should have kept this low while the new RCTF made a park.

I'm also ashamed of some of my fellow club members attitudes. You spammed this topic for like 2 pages, spurring feuds, and not showing an attitude suitible for an anouncement.

Please, guys. Quit being so immature.

Iris, I can see why you have this attitude, especially after seeing previous posts in this topic, though I can't see why you're so pissed at Austin. I'm sure he doesn't like your attitude, or you, his; but please, drop it. We're trying to have fun, and I can't see why you'd want to get into it over entertainment.

Everybody else in the community, please stop being so pessimistic for once. Let things settle, and see what we produce in a few months, then you can actually have something to say about the progress of the merger.
  • MachChunk 3%s's Photo

RCTI who makes boring park after boring park...  RCTI is a collection of repetitive parkmakers who have made the same parks over and over again... They have a few talented people in there... RCTI got absolutely no stronger adding RCTU to their club... Maybe when boring group parks such as "Tiumba", "Iron Wood Valley", "Legendary Tales", and "Secrets of Venice" stop being produced by these so called 'super clubs', then maybe people will give a damn... so unless you wanna start comparing parks with City of Dreams, Sunken Retreat, Master's Isle, Chateau Lake, etc. then you might wanna remember who you're talking to.

SDI is still a better club, even with it's mere 4 or 5 members. Why do I say this? Because I damn well would rather see a group park featuring Slob, Kevin, John, and any average joe...  With all the members RCTFusion has, they still couldn't make as good of a park as SDI... while the Masters complete the amazingly original Master's Pallette and other one of a kind club parks.

All in all, this whole club thing is pretty ridiculous. If you're going to have a club of 20 or so people, why even have one in the first place? You can't make parks with people without having them labeled as your 'club-mate'?  scooping up every somewhat decent member that you can. New Element minus the really elite guys",

This may sound cliched, but this sheds a whole new light on things.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    ENOUGH OF THE FUCKING DRAMABOMBS, PEOPLE!!!

Last I checked, RollerCoaster Tycoon was a fucking video game. A FUCKING VIDEO GAME. These suckers were invented for the fun and entertainment of kids (and kids at heart!) around the world. And you guys are turning it into tedium, with your fucking cliques and gangs, or "clubs" as you would call them. Stop being ridiculous and play the game. Leave the temper tantrums to Counter Strike klans.
  • John%s's Photo
    LMFAO Titan, you're a trip.

Editing your post doesn't make you look any less of an idiot.
  • Titan%s's Photo
    Boy, the post is up for less than 2 minutes and everyone sees it... :p

This has been a very interesting discussion. I say we just get back to playing the game, and the nice community we had prior to this thread...
  • sfgadv02%s's Photo

ENOUGH OF THE FUCKING DRAMABOMBS, PEOPLE!!!

Last I checked, RollerCoaster Tycoon was a fucking video game.  A FUCKING VIDEO GAME.  These suckers were invented for the fun and entertainment of kids (and kids at heart!) around the world.  And you guys are turning it into tedium, with your fucking cliques and gangs, or "clubs" as you would call them.  Stop being ridiculous and play the game.  Leave the temper tantrums to Counter Strike klans.

For once I agree.....

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading