RCT Discussion / RCTClub Switchage

• MachChunk 3%s's Photo
    I'm in a counter-strike klan.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Not my problem.
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    iris, we never said anything about a super club. If you see an RCTF park, and see people saying they are in RCTF, that is what this is about. We are announcing the merger. Unlike many are interpreting it, this is not a "omg we're taking over the ad district!111" moment.

So...are you mad that we a) merged, or B) posted about it?

I don't especially care what you think about A, and it wouldn't make sense to do A without B.
  • laz0rz%s's Photo

The worst that could happen is that we resplit and continue on our ways.

I thought that would be the best thing that could happen.
  • Drew%s's Photo

I thought that would be the best trhing that could happen.

Dude, shut the fuck up.
  • VC15SA%s's Photo

I thought that would be the best trhing that could happen.

Always wise thoughts from MachChunk.
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo

iris, we never said anything about a super club.  If you see an RCTF park, and see people saying they are in RCTF, that is what this is about.  We are announcing the merger.  Unlike many are interpreting it, this is not a "omg we're taking over the ad district!111" moment.

No, but your dumbass members are romping around doing so.

Next time, amble, don't frolic or saunter.
  • Drew%s's Photo

No, but your dumbass members are romping around doing so.

Who?
  • BigFoot%s's Photo
    I'm more or less indifferent about the merge. Quality members mixed with Quality members. Yet it will surprise me if the former members of RCTU get any more active than they were.....so really in my eyes its just RCTI with a new name.

Oh well, it looks good, and hopefully thinks are revitalized for some good parks.

As for iris saying SDI is better than any other club out there...you have the benefit of seeing parks before other people....so I'm guessing your basing your views on a park you've seen from them, because I haven't seen them produce anything...thats just me.

Good luck guys!
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    I think iris said that he was more excited about SDI than RCTF.

Could be wrong though...

Drew - Quiet you.
  • CaptnPineapple%s's Photo

ENOUGH OF THE FUCKING DRAMABOMBS, PEOPLE!!!

Last I checked, RollerCoaster Tycoon was a fucking video game.  A FUCKING VIDEO GAME.  These suckers were invented for the fun and entertainment of kids (and kids at heart!) around the world.  And you guys are turning it into tedium, with your fucking cliques and gangs, or "clubs" as you would call them.  Stop being ridiculous and play the game.  Leave the temper tantrums to Counter Strike klans.

Well put.

Here is my opinion:
    It doesn't affect me in any way. So personally, I don't care whatever happens with the clubs. I'm sure no matter what, they'll produce parks, and thats the reason why I play RCT. To see and make RCT Parks. Parks, whether good or bad, they are still parks. Clubs make parks, so hey, if they make a park, and I like it, I'll download it... they don't... I don't care.

I swear when I read about the 2nd page of this topic, I felt like I walked into a political debate... It feels like Democrats vs. Republicans in here, seriously. I don't think there is any reason for ANYONE in here to be acting THIS immature. Some of you aren't being immature... so this isn't directed at everyone. But seriously, this is a Video Game.... or a Computer Game if you want to put it that way... what is the definition of a game?

game:
    Noun
    1. An activity providing entertainment or amusement; a pastime: party games; word games.

Hint there was: Providing Entertainment or Amusement.... This topic isn't being Entertaining or Amusing... it's being RIDICULOUS! This topic has more fucking drama than I have now in High School... Thats how sad it is. Seriously... who cares if two clubs merged? Who cares if one club is better than another? If you care... why do you care?

Come on people, this is a game, remember that. This isn't a competition... this is a game. We play it for the fun of it... Drop the Drama, and bring back life.
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    I found the topic quite entertaining.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Here's what I find annoying about this club merging thing. The quality of a club's parks isn't defined by the amount of people in them. Having more people in a club doesn't mean that your parks will be any better. If you throw two clubs, each producing okay parks, into one, they will just continue to produce okay parks. The driving force behind what makes collabos great is the spark produced when multiple parkmakers unite around a concept. It doesn't matter how many people you have, if the great ideas aren't there then those sparks will still be dim. The ideas behind collabos are what drive them to be successful, not the amount of people working on them. You can take ten good parkmakers, hell why not the entire club, and throw together a collabo with a concept that none find challenging to work with, and it still won't be anything special. This is why I was disappointed by Acorn Springs (I just realized, why am I using an RCTM park as an example). No offense to its devisor, but the concept of loosely basing a park off of different European countries is an idea that almost anyone could have come up with and pulled off decently. Hell, Butter did a far better job with that idea on his own than all of those guys combined. What I believe really makes collabos and club parks worthwhile endeavours are ideas that stretch the parkmakers' abilities to new levels and challenge them. That's why I was amazed by City of Dreams. I'd never seen Toon or x-sector do a futuristic city theme before. Taking the skills of three great parkmakers and setting a goal that is challenging for all of them, so that all three reach new heights in their own unique ways, is what makes a collabo successful.

Now this leads into the reason why I've never been partial to club parks from almost any RCT club. Rarely do I see a park released that is more than, or even equal to, the sum of its parts. The lists of who works on these parks suggest projects much greater than they actually turn out to be. I feel that many times, the ideas behind parks are so unchallenging that the participants stoop down to the level of skill needed and don't put out their best effort in the long run. Like Legendary Tales. Or the way in which it's pulled off doesn't make me want to look at it for a very long while. Like Tiumba Islands. There's little to no stretch involved for the parkmakers; it seems to be almost the lowest common denominator between them. Is it any surprise that Raindrop Riviera kicked Legendary Tales' ass in that round? The motivation of Posix to be at his best and most versatile is what made that truly a great park. Look at the complexity, the skill level involved in making RR what it is, and then look at LT. I don't think any of the parkmakers in that park were at their best. Getting back to the main point, the number of people in a club doesn't mean shit. You can throw them together all you like with unchallenging park ideas and the quality of parks will stay the same. One guy working at his best on a solo park can produce a better park than ten not at their best in a club park.
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo

Last I checked, RollerCoaster Tycoon was a fucking video game.  A FUCKING VIDEO GAME.  These suckers were invented for the fun and entertainment of kids (and kids at heart!) around the world.  And you guys are turning it into tedium, with your fucking cliques and gangs, or "clubs" as you would call them.  Stop being ridiculous and play the game.  Leave the temper tantrums to Counter Strike klans.

Finally, logic made its way in.... God, its only a club... Keep building your projects, start new ones... You'll see nothing will stand in your way..
  • jhoffa%s's Photo

im in the klan
  • Doc%s's Photo
    Edit: Not worth it.
  • CP Freak Jon%s's Photo

Edit: Not worth it.

That's what I thought about my comments too. :bandit:

Continue with your squabbling. :l33t:
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo

Finally, logic made its way in.... God, its only a club... Keep building your projects, start new ones... You'll see nothing will stand in your way..

I bet if you had posted that earlier, NO one would have contested that. You need to post more of your intelligent thoughts in the future.
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo

I bet if you had posted that earlier, NO one would have contested that.  You need to post more of your intelligent thoughts in the future.

what ever....
  • Highball%s's Photo

what ever....

DF, don't even bother posting bud. They're not worth it.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading