Related Games / RCT 3 Demo

• TheGuardian%s's Photo
    I know you can add your own songs, where can you add them in the game or folders. because what i heard was you can add them into the demo. or was that just BS?

to me, it could have a few touch ups, but on the whole, this game is part RCT1 part RCT2 and part new all in itself. their is talk at the official website already for a expansion pack, which will hold mostly new themes and more flat rides.

I've already made a pretty good castle-sque mansion already, and whats best is once or if you have a ride inside you can watch it run. I'm still wondering if you can put rides underground, or is it only inhouse only now? also is it possible to make a coaster go through a mountain or is that impossible also?
  • OhioCoasteRFreaK36%s's Photo
    just check the folder you installed it into it should have all the info that will be installed with the game. I installed it to my desktop first then realised how much stuff it was lol so i saw all of the folders and stuff..there is tracks and then coaster designs..there is all sorts of stuff. Check there to see if there is a dat folder or a music folder or something and make them .wma's and see how that works..
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    80%.... its been downloading since half 7 this morning. Thats 13 hours, three and a half hours left till download complete. Knowing my luck it will feckin crash on 99%. :'(
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

All you basterds who already played it:
    Send us some screenies!! or movies (if its posible)

but at least some thing!!!

I am really screwed because I dont have G-force... I only Have Voodoo and my dad is cheap....
    fuck fuck fuck!!!

*sigh*

http://www-scf.usc.e...ondsandGuns.wmv

The file is under 3 megs, for those of you on 56K, so it's like a small MP3. Just a really quick "music video" done in Windows Movie Maker in like 10 minutes. bigggrin.gif

And you also get to see a bit of the scenario... sans the coaster and ride that came on the map already (I deleted those to get money to make my death coaster). Enjoy!

And hopefully, USC's student web site service doesn't have a bandwidth limit.

You gotta calm down, buddy. You're totally fitting into that super hyper overactive overreacting Israeli stereotype.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Suggestions? Tech support? Anyone? Bueller?

Attached Files

• DarkRideExpert%s's Photo

Suggestions?  Tech support?  Anyone?  Bueller?
    Posted Image

BINGO.

I've got that damn thing, Moon. If only one of us knew C++...
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo

You gotta calm down, buddy.  You're totally fitting into that super hyper overactive overreacting Israeli stereotype.

Never heard that one. :p
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

Never heard that one.  :p

Yeah... well, I just made it up. :kane:
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Barton.
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    I updated my Video Card Driver which is a RADEON 7500. Now I have heard somthing about this Hardware T&L that is recommended but not mandatory.
    What is that and where can I get it?, cause other than that I have no clue why it won't run for me. The only other idea I have is I need Windows XP(I run on Windows 98 currently) but I don't think that is the problem.

Sorry if I am asking for help way too much but I really wanna see this.
  • DeDevil%s's Photo

which is a RADEON 7500.

i dont know much about that card but that might be the problem.might be time for a upgrade.
  • Foozycoaster%s's Photo

I updated my Video Card Driver which is a RADEON 7500. Now I have heard somthing about this Hardware T&L that is recommended but not mandatory.
    What is that and where can I get it?, cause other than that I have no clue why it won't run for me. The only other idea I have is I need Windows XP(I run on Windows 98 currently) but I don't think that is the problem.

Yea your video card sucks major balls.

Theres your problem right there.
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo

Yea your video card sucks major balls.

Theres your problem right there.

What do you recommend for a Video Card?
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo

Suggestions?  Tech support?  Anyone?  Bueller?
    Posted Image

BINGO.

I've got that damn thing, Moon. If only one of us knew C++...

Me too. And it pisses the fuck out of me.
    If the actual game does this, im going to kill someone.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Dude. The game has... OVERBANKED TURNS!!!!

And not just one type... there's a small one AND a large one!!! I'm so stoked! I can make a perfect recreation of Silver Bullet now!!! :D

Well, not really. The overbanked has to be completed, so it prolly won't work super well. Still, I'm getting the hang of this. Some of the scenery thumbnails are actually tabs that you can click to reveal the actual objects within it (mainly the architecture pieces)

Also, I've noticed a bunch of scenery pieces that are like replicas of custom scenery in RCT 2... and some of Toon's stuff as well. Pretty neat!

I'll have two vids up and some screens in a little while, hopefully, for all of you who can't d/l or play the demo. :)
  • minnimee85%s's Photo
    to be quite honest, im unimpressed. It might just be my skeptisism left over from rct2, but im not really sure that this will work well. First, i was fucking around with the water, and i got it to go over all my park, as in to its highest level. wtf? shouldnt there be some limit on that. As well, the land effects seem glitchy. I built an insanely stretched peice of land that made no sense whatsoever.

Its promising though. I noticed a blanked out sandbox mode (thank fucking god). As well, im still holding out hope that we will be able to import our old creations from 1 and 2, and ride our rides, though that may just be wishful thinking.
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    This is quite ironic... RCT2 came out with nearly nothing new. Same interface, similar graphics and few new features, and ofcourse fans were angry. Now we have #3 on our hands and some people won't like it because of these new features. How is Atari supposed to please you?

I think this will be the same story all over again. Some parkmakers will move on to building in 3d aswell, some will stay "loyal" and a new generation will come to play RCT3.
    I find it funny that we get everything we asked for yet complaints are still coming. 3D, fireworks, same coaster designing way, day/night cycle, realistic AI, new usable scenery, sandbox, loads of new coasters and options and yet some will complain.

My point being, give this one a try. We've only got a taste of things to come. As seen in Corkscrewed's thread it IS possible to build and make it look good. Don't give up on this one just yet. :D Open the demo again. Try and get used to the interface. You'll find out it's alot of fun! :yup:

I hope you all hear me out on this one. I respect your opinion, but give it another go. Trust me, it only gets better! ;)

*For anyone taking this personal, don't.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Well, the game's really grown on me... to the point where I think I might actually make a park with it. I still hate the path setup, though. It absolutely blows. They really need to fix that, as the path just goes everywhere chaotically. Also enable the scroll wheel to work on the cascading bars, so we can browse through scenery and rides more easily. :D

Those are my main gripes. I love this damn game!!!
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

Guys....

I hate to be the bearer of GOOD news, but this isn't even the beta demo...

This is the alpha demo of the game and the more advanced, less buggy version of the demo is going to be available at your local Gamestops very soon if not out already...

The disc demo includes Steel Corkscrew and LIM launched rollercoasters to go along with different flat rides...

Continue with your bitching and whining...

Raven-SDI
    §
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    I dont like the pathing mechanism, and I dont like the way you have to close down the coaster building bar to be able to landscape. The trees! :@ They dont auto delete when you try to bulild through them.

So yeah, the game is amazing, I love it. But there are a few little niggles here and there which really annoy me, but Im sure Atari will iron them out before the final release. :D :D :D

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading