Related Games / RCT 3 Demo

• zach%s's Photo
    whats the setup?
    what else do you have running?
    did you install directx9?
    have you updated your video card drivers?
    does your system meet minimum specs?
    what else can i ask?
    why havent i stopped?
    why cant you fix it?

i got nothing.
  • aero21%s's Photo
    it seems there are a lot of people haveing problems with the direct X 9 install. You must instal the new format that comes with the demo.
  • TheGuardian%s's Photo
    yeah, that what i've been hearing as well back at the RCT3 official forum. they are already talking about expansion packs, so i'm assuming the owners hinted that more scenery would be available in the expansion pack, as well as new flat rides but not so much new coasters. atleast not in the line of new TYPES, maybe new cars.

I really really like the idea where different cars are in a seperate area, it makes the game so much more easier. i really have no complaints, i made a halfway decent out and back woodie, and a pretty nice looking station to it.

I want to know if we have the possibliy in the retail version to change the color of the walls and roofs. this game will DEFINANTLY get me going. I'm already drawing up plans for my first park, i know you have to play the scenerio to get all the rides, but i bet that by the endof the 3rd day of its arrival people will have already gotten a hack for it and we can get all rides and themes etc.

I'm really looking forward to the game. can't wait. Is it just me or is the map in the demo REALLY REALLY small. and the real game will a lot bigger maps. i hope.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    Here's the shit I've found so far that bugs me about the game. Feel free to add.

1) Can't place fences on same square as a path.

2) Why the still extremely limited color palette. At very least we could have about a dozen custom color slots

3) The scenery and ride menus are terrible and finding the piece you want is extremly frustrating. I much prefered the RCT2 system with expanding windows. Makes it much easier to find the ride or scenery piece you want. Maybe some combination of cascading menus with the ability to open the final tier of a menu in its own window would work, but I can see it becoming VERY frustrating in it's present form.

4) I'm nitpicking here, but I didn't like that the Sky Wheel is always called "Sky Wheel" on the ride's sign, no matter what you choose to call it. I realize having the sign change would be a pain, but then it should just have been left off.

5) The coaster building menu is actually an improvement in places, but still lacks a certain level of intuitiveness. I think it could still be much improved.

6) Can't build new path type over existing type without deleting it.

7) I FIGURED THIS ONE OUT.

8) No paint brush to quickly recolor scenery objects (you can recolor them one at a time by selecting the object, but this is very cumbersome)
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    1) I'm sure it's just a beta bug. They're not THAT stupid as to disable this quite useful feature.

2) To lower minimum requirements.

3) With this I can agree, but we'll just have to work on it.

4) As you said, nitpicking... (although I do agree, I just don't find it so important).

5) ...

6) Probably a beta bug too.

7) I believe you can. Let me check on it later today and I'll return with a screen.

8) Bummer...

I do agree with your points, it's just that some of them is only a matter of how quick you'll learn. Once we get used to the new gameplay style I'm sure it'll be great fun. Besides, it has fireworks! How can you not like it? :p
  • Toon%s's Photo
    I really didn't need you to respond to every point. If they are beta glitches, so be it, but the problems should still be stated somewhere.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    You can recolor coasters... I'm not sure about flats.

Everytime the demo runs out and I want to play again, it crashes the game though. :(
  • Toon%s's Photo
    I meant flats.
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo

I really didn't need you to respond to every point.  If they are beta glitches, so be it, but the problems should still be stated somewhere.

Just trying to make a point of my own. I agree, it should be stated but I was trying to put a bit of positive in all the negative.
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    I changed my mind on this actually.
    I decided to take the initiative to go through the tutorial mode, however degrading it may be. It helped alot; I can now navigate easily around the menus. There's one problem solved.
    So I then loaded up the demo level. I think, that contrary to what others have said, there is definitely room for some decent parks to be built here. I mean, just look at some of the stuff our friend Chris has come up with there, that's pretty good for a start. You can definitely build parks here, in the full game, where, as far as I can see, there are plenty of walls and roofs to satisfy everybody.
    But I think by far the strongest point of the game is its music. It's just really, incredible. Easily the best music since Snowboard Kids on the N64. I love it to bits.
    So I disagree with people who think Spotlights won't be appearing any time soon on RCT3. I changed my mind. I'd be interested to see what people come up with.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Music is awesome. I've got some vids I made of an exploding invert... shot from different angles and times of day. Just something I thought would be fun.

And I'll post some screens when I have some time.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    http://www-scf.usc.e...ondsandGuns.wmv

The file is under 3 megs, for those of you on 56K, so it's like a small MP3. Just a really quick "music video" done in Windows Movie Maker in like 10 minutes. :D

And you also get to see a bit of the scenario... sans the coaster and ride that came on the map already (I deleted those to get money to make my death coaster). Enjoy!

And hopefully, USC's student web site service doesn't have a bandwidth limit.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    That kicked ass, Croky. Thanks for the clip - there's no point me d/ling it on this comp so i'm gonna have to wait till I get to uni and d/l it on my laptop there.
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    Shiznit man Corky's video made me want the game so much. Just looking around the map from the first perspective, it looks so cool. Im on the college computer at the moment so I cant download the Demo, but each time I try downloading it at home the mother fucker downloads at 4kb a second. Oh dear!

Im off to my friends tonight so I'll get him to download it for me, I cant wait to start playing around with it. Even if its only to explore the map and watch the peeps enjoy whats already there for them. Im one excited bunny. =:-)

On another note, I think an IOA rec would look magical in 3D.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    uhhh you can change the wall and roof colour
    you can also change the colour of the coasters after you built them
    just click the paint bucket icon and wallah

Just built nice little area now ive got the hang of archetecture. 2 dueling woodies racing through a square over and under the paths with a small white castle on one side and a viewing area on a balcony. some little paths lead down to a pier over the water and the 4th side is a small garden with one of the woodies performing a hop out of the ground over the path before diving back down.
    ok its all i could do in 45mins and ill post a screen later.
    it takes time to get used to but i was always quick at building in the first 2 games :)

the 1 thing that really bugs me though is the inability to place hedges on path squares. (if you lower the land under the path it gives it an edge fence but it just aint the same)
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo

whats the setup?
    what else do you have running?
    did you install directx9?
    have you updated your video card drivers?
    does your system meet minimum specs?
    what else can i ask?
    why havent i stopped?
    why cant you fix it?

i got nothing.

1. The program that installs the game.
    2. Nothing.
    3. Yes.
    4. I think so. I'd have to check on that.
    5. Yes.
    6. Dunno.
    7. Dunno.
    8. If I could would I be asking for help?
  • Nic%s's Photo

ok, for those who got the game going, how do you get to rotate the camera? i still haven't figured it out.

Or press "e".

Or read my post.
  • MudBlood%s's Photo
    All you basterds who already played it:
    Send us some screenies!! or movies (if its posible)

but at least some thing!!!

I am really screwed because I dont have G-force... I only Have Voodoo and my dad is cheap....
    fuck fuck fuck!!!
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    People, you need a DirectX 9b capable card.
    Anyways, runs perfect on my machine, 1280 1024 xtreme setting with some AA.

I hope it will be a bit more optimized when it goes gold because it should be a bit faster than it is now.
    I think I'll stick to World of Warcraft closed beta, but the game is promising.

specs. AthlonXP 3000+ OCed to 3600+, 1gb RAM, X800 PT.
  • Nic%s's Photo

specs. AthlonXP 3000+ OCed to 3600+, 1gb RAM, X800 PT.

Nice...

That the Barton 3000xp or the Athlon?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading