Related Games / RCT3...The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

• JBruckner%s's Photo
    You guys need to relize that this game is hardly dependant on CPU and memory, so stop flining those around.

Graphics cards are the biggest fact in game performance. That's why you are getting shitty stuff Meretrix. You have an entry level graphical applications card. Why you have this I don't know, you do Photoshop and Flash, and they are not required for these applications.

Another thing you guys seem to be unaware of are the ethics of the worlds largest game publisher. Atari is the 2nd largest publisher in the world, while EA Games is the largest. The only thing they care about is getting the game out and getting thier money. They don't care about longevity of the game, so don't get your hopes up for patches, because you know it hasnt happened in the past.

They will bank on these bugs and sillly errors with a new expansion which I am confident they are working at the moment.

Now, if you look at a quality house like Blizzard, who is published by Vivendi, you see only the best and most polished games come out of them. Blizzard adds contents in free patches years after the game had come out, you don't see Atari and EA doing this, maybe for their MOST popular games.

In the end, don't expect great things. Chris Sawyer has never been know for his outstanding engines, and excellent coding. Because when it comes down to it, most of the games he has made have been run of the mill. The only thing Chris has going for him is that he picks fun things to play, rollercoasters etc. He is in no way innovative as far as engines go.
  • zach%s's Photo

just a short example
    the biggest german languaged fansite wrote a letter and several mails t atari and asked for a tesversion of rct3. we wanted to make a big test, but no reaction from atari. no mail. no letter.
    they do not care about the real fans.

Yeah....they mainly listened to the fans on the atari forums...
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    NVIDIA Quardo is bad? I am asking in all seriousness here. I don't have any problems running Flash, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator and ACDScreenblast all at the same time, so I am unclear as to how my graphics card sucks. What card do you recommend? I guess I need to go shopping.
  • tyandor%s's Photo

NVIDIA Quardo is bad? I am asking in all seriousness here. I don't have any problems running Flash, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator and ACDScreenblast all at the same time, so I am unclear as to how my graphics card sucks. What card do you recommend? I guess I need to go shopping.

Those programs you mentioned need more power from your processor and RAM than from your videocard. Those programs don't need a powerful video card, because the videocard doesn't do the calculations for it.

I'm actually a little confused on the Quadro card. They are ment for professional usage. I simply don't know if they are ment for fast 3D or high performance 2D (it can be that Quadro card are in some way used to speed up the programs you mentioned) Quadro card are expensive and I thought the most expensive one was around 2200 euros!!!!!! But there was never a mention of high performance 3D.
  • GuestGRIDE%s's Photo

\/\/\/  empty lines....packed paths. kinda hard to tell...but there are like 600 peeps.  biggest line is about 100 for the coaster.

The reason people don't go on those rides is because they don't like them. If you click on the guests, you will see what kinds of rides they like by the intensity preferred and nausea options. If you've tried all of this and it doesn't work, well it will. One more trick that helps increase the ratings on coasters is adding more cars. I figured out that you can add pretty much as many cars as you want on custom designs. All of this information should help. :stupid:
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    This game has a tendency to lock up on me. Or I'll open it and then it crashes half the time. It seems unstable, but other than that, it's cool. When it works, it works like a charm. :)

Gotta go explore stuff now. I had a TILT coaster going until the thing crashed. Also, is there a way to expand the map in sandbox mode? I'll play around with stuff.
  • TheGuardian%s's Photo
    One annoyance, i can get my log flume to do a diagonal drop. even though in RCT 3 it is available.
    someone know how to work that?

plus, does anyone know what "stuff" get unlocked as you go through the scenerio's. not to mention, i'm wondering if their will be a trainor to unlock all locked attractions.

another piss off though, is guests seem to get pooled in one area, so when i have a new area opened up, they don't even notice its there. my old style woodie is more popular then my Giga WTF? shouldn't guests be trying to get towards the newer rides? not to mention find the coasters.
  • nightterror%s's Photo

This game has a tendency to lock up on me.  Or I'll open it and then it crashes half the time.  It seems unstable, but other than that, it's cool.  When it works, it works like a charm.  :)

Gotta go explore stuff now.  I had a TILT coaster going until the thing crashed.  Also, is there a way to expand the map in sandbox mode?  I'll play around with stuff.

You have to go to the Scenario Editor and make a map there. You can adjust the map size as well as do everything else. Once finished save your scenario and then go out to your My Documents Folder and open up the RCT3 folder.

Once in there open up the Start New Scenario Folder and copy your scenario park that you made and then paste it into the Parks Folder (which is also inside your My documents folder under the RCT3 folder).

Then go back to RCT3 and open sandbox mode and load a park. Wala...your scenario park now awaits you in sandbox mode.
  • zach%s's Photo

The reason people don't go on those rides is because they don't like them.  If you click on the guests, you will see what kinds of rides they like by the intensity preferred and nausea options.  If you've tried all of this and it doesn't work, well it will.  One more trick that helps increase the ratings on coasters is adding more cars.  I figured out that you can add pretty much as many cars as you want on custom designs.  All of this information should help. :stupid:

What about flat rides though? The peeps in my parks love coasters...but they wont touch the flat rides.
  • sfgadv02%s's Photo

So I guess it has been released? I thought it came out next week...

From what I heard, some stores like Target already put it on shelf.

While this group of people [Money] released it on the net on Thursday for people to download.

----------

As far as complains, am I the only one who takes 2 or 3 minute just for the game to load?
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

This game has a tendency to lock up on me.  Or I'll open it and then it crashes half the time.  It seems unstable, but other than that, it's cool.  When it works, it works like a charm.  :)

Gotta go explore stuff now.  I had a TILT coaster going until the thing crashed.  Also, is there a way to expand the map in sandbox mode?  I'll play around with stuff.

You have to go to the Scenario Editor and make a map there. You can adjust the map size as well as do everything else. Once finished save your scenario and then go out to your My Documents Folder and open up the RCT3 folder.

Once in there open up the Start New Scenario Folder and copy your scenario park that you made and then paste it into the Parks Folder (which is also inside your My documents folder under the RCT3 folder).

Then go back to RCT3 and open sandbox mode and load a park. Wala...your scenario park now awaits you in sandbox mode.

Thanks. I haven't had a chance to play around too much. Max size still 256x256? Oh well, I'm about to find out.
  • GuestGRIDE%s's Photo
    Good point, Zach. Also, the ratings seem somewhat disagreeable. The roto drop at maximum height with three circuits gets about a 5 intensity rating. Oh, and it also pulls about 17 positive G's. I think the game designers had a fun time thinking of how they could tinker with ratings. Also, I think that the amount of cars you can put in an inverted coaster should be cut to about 8 instead of 20. They should have put a limit on station length. You can make stations from park corner to park corner. Not to mention that they should also allow for more floorless coaster cars in a train. This game needs many improvements in my opinion. However, 200 foot floorless coasters and strata coasters are very nice additions to any park in my book.
  • zach%s's Photo
    I just hope this supposed patch will fix most of the problems everybody has been having.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    'Trix, regarding the cards.
    The Quadros are good cards for graphical work, they are more robust etc etc.

They just don't have the right kind of accelerators for games, and since you don't do any 3D modeling, which those cards are meant for, then I suggest you pick up a Radeon 9800Pro, or a Radeon X800 PT
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    I wish they'd put overbanked turns on the Rocketcoasters (aka Stratacoasters).
  • Silenced%s's Photo
    I don't even have the graphics card to run the damn game. I need a 32meg, I only have a 16meg.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

I don't even have the graphics card to run the damn game. I need a 32meg, I only have a 16meg.

Last time I even bothered checking, mine was somewhere between 5-7megs. It even lags RCT1.
  • insert username here%s's Photo
    I like the fact that there are more elements but i wish diagonal track could do the same stuff as normal track. The landscaping features are cool but making awesome looking buildings and such is a little more challenging. Also, i have xp and a really good computor but when i'm playing all the rides go slowly and it looks choppy. Should i change my settings? :/ Plus the fireworks thing is a real bitch to make good looking :@ Plus they didn't do a good job on the airpowered and stratacoasters... Have they even looked at the ones in real life? But the tilting coaster is so awesome though.
  • insert username here%s's Photo
    Plus, the ratings fucking suck. I think they make it so that its based on the ride type b/c stuff that i build that would be 10.0 or something comes out 3.00 if its on a wild mouse. That's bullshit! :@
  • supertrooper%s's Photo
    I bought a new graphics card, and the game runs wonderfully on my computer. I personally am very impressed so far.

I do have a few complaints, however:

Building paths is not that easy (for me at least...I still can't figure out exactly how I'm supposed to make them slope up and down when I want them to).

As far as I know, there is no way to build waterfalls or custom fountains. Maybe I just haven't figured it out yet.

The peeps do seem to get lost pretty easily, and don't ride some things.

Rollercoaster building is a bit more difficult. I have built several coasters that I thought looked fine, but then I test them and the train doesn't make it through one circuit. It may have something to do with the low number of cars per train. And when you toggle the "show ride height" button, jumbled numbers appear everywhere and it is hard to determine exactly which track each number corresponds with.

The good:

The animatronic scenery is cool. Building a haunted house, and being able to ride it and seeing little vampires popping out of coffins at you is pretty amusing.

Night time mode is nice...especailly the sky at dusk.

The architecture element options far exceed my expectations. I can imagine amazing creations coming from some people in the community.

The land textures are very realistic. I especially like the concrete option to place under flat rides and pathways.

The coaster animation is great too. Being able to ride your coaster, and pan the camera around while on the lift hill and looking at yur park from the peeps perspective is amazing.

There are a lot of little details that make me smile while I am playing...and that's good.

The ugly:

Um...some of the peeps are ugly.

supertrooper

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading