Released / Ouest

• tracidEdge%s's Photo
    shit, nate, this is amazing. this is way better than the aegean, which is really saying something since that's one of my favorite parks. i love the area with the cranes, especially with that resaurant over the water. perfect. and mantis' coaster kicks some major ass, too.

the only complaint i have is that i wish you could have come up with your own crane, but things like that are pretty hard to do, and the rest of the area alone makes up for that. and that's pretty minor, too.

anywho, i, too, hope you stay around and make little parks. you've been one of my favorite parkmakers for a while.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I'm very sad that we'll probably never see it finished but as it is I'm nearly shaking. Both steel coasters blew my brains out, holy shit. Mantis's woodie looks fantastic too, nestled in how it is (now). But the reason I don't think anyone else could finish this is the atmosphere. It just drips off the landscape, radiates and overwelms me. I'm dazed. The folidge/ architecture/ landscaping/ texture mix with just the perfect spacing creates this dark but undeniably beautiful place.

Frankly there is only one other parkmaker that I would trust to finish this properly, and that's Mala. Coming from me that's a huge complement Nate, as Mala is my favorite parkmaker ever.

<3

Ride6
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Could someone upload this park file to RCTD for me? That site won't let me download anything.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Dude I uploaded it further up the topic.
    Here.
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Those replies werent there when i posted.. ?? lol thanks
  • mantis%s's Photo
    ok...that's odd. Anyway, no problem.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    This was just incredible. Even unfinished, there was just so much to look at. Every square in this park just oozed atmosphere. The trackitecture is just amazing and blends in so well with the archy. There were so many little details like the smoking barbeque, fire station, sunken trees, river rapids splashes cut in half, that gave the park such a great feel. The complexity of the rides was awesome too. The water rides and coaster were great with some amazing hacks and details (like the launched water coaster with the splash acting as brakes and the steel coaster with the track curves). This was truly a work of art and I hope to see more work from you. Even a mini.

You know what scares me? You, Fatha', or Ed using the Codex Trainer.*shudders*
  • RMM%s's Photo
    I have one question. What exactly are the stations in the architecture supposed to be? Just to make it seem detailed or what?

I love the feel and atmoshpere and rides and all of the park but I need to know the answer to this, because I feel that if I used them sations like that I'd be asked the questions and all about how random they are.

Edited by RMM, 03 August 2006 - 06:24 PM.

• Panic%s's Photo
    I think they make for pretty sweet balconies/walkways.

Anyway, I have not seen coasters that original and awe-inspiring for a LONG time in an LL park. Even the most normal one, mantis' woodie, will get my vote for best woodie of the year when it gets nominated, which it fucking will or else I'll stab something.
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    Very impressive bro :)
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    After a closer look, I have one question - was that supposed to be a B&M 4D? (not the dive machine, the other B&M) It has a Eurofighter-style drop, but what looks like a pair of raven turns. Cool shit.

-ACE
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I was amazed when I saw that hack - I don't think i'd ever seen it before.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    I think it has been done in rct2. Parkmakerz I think. And maybe some other minis. It's a great hack though and I don't think I've ever seen it done so gracefully.

Edited by OLE, 06 August 2006 - 04:06 AM.

• Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Didn't you use it on Danse Macabre mantis? Or did you get the idea from this? Parkmakerz came after Danse Macabre I believe.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    I was just throwing a name out there. I didn't even really check. And what is Danse Macabre?
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Nevermind. I was thinking of Commandante by Natelox not Danse Macabre. I knew I saw it in one of the QFTB-X coasters though.

So I guess that answers my question mantis ;)
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Heh i'd forgotten about Commandante.
    And I still think Danse Macabre is my best work ever, alongside The Divine Comedy. Danse Macabre was when I decided I was fed up with the womb-style freakishness. And I much prefer it for that.

edit - wtf I thought this was in some random ask the experts topic which is why I went all monologue-y. Now I realise it's Nate's Ouest topic so I apologise for talking about myself. Back to the topic.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    ...it's also a very good song. (Commandante, not Danse Macabre)

And I would agree that you definately took a turn for the better with the theming on that ride. And you carried that over into The Divine Comedy. I looked at both recently and I'm still very impressed by the atmosphere you were able to create.

Oh yes, and back to the actual topic, I've looked through the park a little bit but not enough to really comment on it just yet. There was a time when the 'NE style' seemed to define pretty much everything going on here but I like how a lot of the big name parkmakers have really defined their own style since then and diverged in different directions. There's really no one else doing what you were doing Natelox, with this park and The Aegean. And it's cool to see such talented parkmakers focusing their efforts on different types of projects. It really adds a lot of diversity to the game. I'd like to comment on this more in depth, but I'll have to look at the park some more.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    danse macabre is fucking amazing. same with commandante. and ouest. =D
  • artist%s's Photo
    The links are broken for danse macabre and commandante, anywhere else i can find them?