Related Games / Six Flags South Carolina 1975-Today [RCT3]

• coasterdude5%s's Photo

We are approaching the completion of this park! We are a little ahead of schedule, actually! Please enjoy these photos of our terrific water attraction: Indigo Plunge

Posted Image
    Indigo Plunge will be the ultimate way to cool off during a hot day at the park!

Posted Image
    The 30 foot plunge into the water below will surely soak everybody!

Posted Image
    The ride begins with a meandering course adjacent to Carolina Calamity.

Posted Image
    We've built special drains to assure that the folks enjoying a meal at the Greenway Cafe don't get an extra serving of water with their food.

Posted Image
    Onlookers can get a glimpse of the riders' faces as the boat plunges toward the water.

Posted Image
    Indigo Plunge will give a great ride at night as well!

Posted Image
    I can't wait to take a spin on this one!
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    I just saw this for the first time, and i am stunned. Beautiful work, you honestly don't have to listen to anything anyone else says. I have a feeling you know exactly what you're doing, it all looks.. real!
  • Timothy Cross%s's Photo
    Looks great! Question though, how do you plan on releasing this?
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    looks beautiful.
    so looking foward to this.
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    ^ I always release a download when I finish the park. However, sometimes I do a "grand opening" download so be on the lookout for that.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Beautiful.
    -JDP
  • Alpengeistfan1%s's Photo
    Even if you do release it, I don't think my computer would be able to hold it all! This looks absolutely stunning!
    ^ looks about the right size for an RCT3 release. A little lag is to be expected. Alls i'm concerned about is how the CS will be handled since you can't export with the file...
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    ^ I usually release a list of all the CS that was used in the park.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Best RCT3 this site has ever seen!

Great job!
  • MF72 %s's Photo
    Wow, I like how once you release this, everyone forgets about the RCT3 I posted...

This looks absolutely beautiful CD. I do have one question, how were you able to get the log flume actually in the water? Whenever I try, it's always on top.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    I think this is the look that Atari and Fronier were going for when they released the game. The dynamic camera angles, the three dimensional structures, etc.

I highly doubt that your doing all this with the standard objects, and I'm almost positive you've got a trainer to work with, but that doesn't change the fact that this park is absolutely astounding. I'd wager that this park is on the level of some of the great LL and RCT2 parks like WOMB and WWAP, respectively. You might just have nailed down a standard for other RCT3ers to look to when they make their parks, just as I looked to EG: Shady Oasis when I first joined the community.

Simply put, not only have you created something that looks good, but you've also taken the first steps toward defining what RCT3 can look like if you have the patience and the computer speed.
    ^ of course CS was used. I don't think a trainer was utilized because almost everything except coaster hacks is possible without one. As far as the look Atari was going for? They never could have guessed. And as far as defining what RCT3 can look like? This park is very good... but CircleVision took those first steps. Trust me, RCT3 is best for fantasy, not realism. Or maybe... Fantastical Realsim.

Edited by FantastiCo, 29 May 2009 - 09:02 PM.

• FullMetal%s's Photo
    ^ I beg to differ. CD's got a pretty realistic looking park, there. Granted, it may not be entirely realistic, but it's not Kumba-esque, either.
    Well i hate to get off topic, but you've seen CircleVision right? I would hope so... actually, imagine faqntasticall realism in RCT3. You know, fantasy done in a realistic manner. That may not make sense... but you can be assured it's the future.

EDIT: For those that are capable.

Edited by FantastiCo, 29 May 2009 - 09:17 PM.

• coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Thanks guys for the compliments! This certainly isn't my first RCT3 park, I've gained alot experience over the past few years. I try to improve with every park I make. With this park, I'm trying to make it look like how I saw parks as a young child. Theme parks look so different when you're little... Everything looks so bigger than it actually is. So I'm taking little memories I've got of visiting parks like Opryland, Six Flags over Georgia, and Libertyland and then transforming those onto the screen. It's very hit and miss, but if you have the passion and the initiative... you can do almost anything.

Well folks we are a couple of weeks away from Charleston Gardens Amusement Park's grand opening! We are spotting up the paint jobs, hanging up the remainder of the signs, and doing little things as we prepare for the big day. Over the next several days leading up to the opening we'll be having members of the media tour the park for stories. Our public relations department has done a fine job at sending memos to all of the news stations.

Posted Image
    Our skyline might be small now, but I have a feeling big things are in store for our future.

Posted Image
    The entrance is empty now, but that will all change in a short amount of time!

Posted Image
    The rides are completing their final rounds of testing to ensure safety for our guests.

Posted Image
    I was able to ride Carolina Calamity! For a smaller coaster, it packs quite the punch.

Posted Image
    The park glows at night. Sometimes as I'm leaving the park to go home I pause and take it all in.

Posted Image
    Even with everything closed... it still has this glow to it.

Posted Image
    It feels like home already.

Posted Image
    I can't wait for it to truly come to life.

I will be out of town for a week starting tomorrow. I'll be at Busch Gardens Tampa on June 4th - If you'll be there send me a PM. While I will have access to the forum I won't have access to the game so this will be the last update for a while. Thanks for your continued support!
    - CD5
    :sad: no updates????? Just playing, you've provided some great screens and i'm sure we all look forward to more.

Your pictures are beautifully taken!
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    i love that you itleast post an update frequently and not like every 2months like some of the good rct2/LL projects.

looks great, maybe a little bare in some spots but still nice.
  • Alpengeistfan1%s's Photo
    Are you putting any scenery around the scrambler?
  • Steve%s's Photo

I just saw this for the first time, and i am stunned. Beautiful work, you honestly don't have to listen to anything anyone else says. I have a feeling you know exactly what you're doing, it all looks.. real!

Took the exact words right out of my mouth.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading