RCT Discussion / The next...

• Levis%s's Photo
    what is that suppost to mean ?

Levis =! Cena
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    :drool:

It's figured out - I [maybe someday] am the next admin or parkmaker .

You [maybe someday] will be the next Geewhzz, the sky will turn red, I will learn how to fly, and the Earth will be entirely populated by tacos that crap out ice cream but are really giant ugly alien lizards.

I most likely won't be anyone (except for myself of course) because I really don't build in any real style and most likely quit trying, but still have fun playing the game building an occasional park. Well, anyways I have driven myself off topic, so I think that RamSam12 may be the next cedarpoint6, and Belgian Guy may be the next Kumba (hey, I know my observations are stuipid, but why do you listen to a feline anyways).

Levis-@!-@#$-)$*#8+4?=Cena(?!)
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    I agree about RamSam, but not with the BelgianGuy thing. he has his own stuff going on.

Bacchus is the next Xophe
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    :party: :party:

I agree about RamSam, but not with the BelginaGuy thing. he has his own stuff going on.

:party:
    I was right for once, yay! I rule! :party: :party:
    :party:

This calls for a celebration!
  • Cena%s's Photo

what is that suppost to mean ?

Levis =! Cena

I don't get it either, I mean ... Maybe because of the April Fools joke, but otherwise I see no resemble whatsoever between my RCT things and the ones from Levis. 
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Bumpity bump.

I still stand by RamSam as the next CP6. While Airtime may be slightly closer stylistically to CP6, RamSam's the whole package in comparison, as far as I'm concerned. They both have clean realistic architecture, great detail, strong coasters, and a beyond excellent sense of the way parks run, both from a guest's viewpoint and an employee's viewpoint. In terms of sheer accuracy and thought process, these two are the most realistic parkmakers active today.

Nin/Fr3ak/Prodigy are the next RRP (RCT2) in terms of detailing and atmosphere. All four have work that uses minuscule details to transcend the feel of normal RCT to create intense atmosphere that feels, well, new.

It's also safe to say J K is the next Xcoaster. Fun details, a slightly cartoon-y fun style, a higher fun factor than any other builder, immersive storytelling... Check, check, check, and check. Both are legends of the game imo.

Last but not least... Liampie is the next 5dave. Looking at Legacies, you can see what can be owed to 5dave's domination on NE a couple years back: realistic, enveloping areas; fun details; and a sense of homey charm, springing seemingly from the charm of Old-World Europe.

Figured I'd bump this as there's plenty of new up-and-coming builders that deserve recognition.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    I agree with the Ramsam statement.
    Liampie's was very thought provoking, I can really see that as possible though, great comparison.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

What am I the next?

Damn, I missed the perfect moment.

You are the next Ryanb122.
  • RamSam12%s's Photo
    Thanks a lot guys!

K0NG is the next geewhzz. The screens he's shown are right on par with gee's work in terms of quality and realistic detail. Both are good at object making too. Now if K0NG is even remotely as good as gee at hacking, this will be more support to my statement.
  • dr dirt%s's Photo
    Yeah, RamSam's style reminds me of CP6.

However I don't see some of your similarities Robbie.. while you hit the nail on the head with prodigy imo, neither nin's nor Fr3ak's style is that close to RRP. And I don't think Liampie's is like 5dave's; I'd say Fr3ak is closer to it. The JK - Xcoaster I can see a little bit, but I think there are others closer to Xcoaster's style.

Some similarities other similarities I see: That Guy - JK, SSSammy - RRP, Comet - Steve, and In:cities - Roomie (even with different games).
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Mine aren't necessarily just stylistic comparisons, but also in approach to the game. I see that Liam's approach and sensibilities are close to Dave's, while Fr3ak's sensibilities are a lot closer to RRP's. Liam and Dave are similar semi-realists, while Fr3ak, nin, and RRP are all realists. I don't really see your That Guy/J K comparison, and I'm interested in who you think would be closer to Xcoaster than J K.
  • That Guy%s's Photo

I don't really see your That Guy/J K comparison

Me neither.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    I see more SSSammy-Geewhzz than SSSammy-RRP.
  • dr dirt%s's Photo
    Ah, lol maybe I'm the only one who sees That Guy and JK as similar then. I think they convey the themes a lot like each other. That Guy has the newer more intricate style while JK is more old school, but I still see it.

And tolsimir or even ivo (i think that's the name) is closer to Xcoaster I think.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    ivo was the next Xcoaster. But they are both basically gone now haha
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I think there are certain members that don't fit anyone else. Like Robbie, me, Cena, Liampie and a few others that I can't think of now.
  • Cena%s's Photo
    ^ I agree with you on that, there is no real example for me who I base my work on ... I think it's just about having your own style/creativity to be unique. Ah well, actually I don't care so much about this stuff :p
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    i am honoured to see i've been compared to builders like RRP and geewhzz.
    personally, there isn't much higher praise than that.
  • Cena%s's Photo

i am honoured to see i've been compared to builders like RRP and geewhzz.
    personally, there isn't much higher praise than that.

There is, when you become better and they are compared to you :) (and you be the better one)
  • Liampie%s's Photo

There is, when you become better and they are compared to you :) (and you be the better one)

Like 'RRP is the previous SSSammy'?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading