General Chat / Favorite TV Shows

• Wanted%s's Photo

Game of Thrones is the only TV show I've seen in recent times. Love it. Best TV show since Oh Oh Cherso.

Favorite character??? :p
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Easily Tyrion. Although I don't mind looking at that Dragon girl's maid. :D I don't like that story line, by the way. It's a little ridiculous, and too seperated from the other storylines.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Agreed, that story line is by far the worst. Tyrion is my second favorite character behind Arya Stark :D
  • JJ%s's Photo
    My favourite is Daenerys Targaryen with Arya Stark in second :p, Tyrion would be my third :party:

And that's funny Liampie, cos that's my favourite part, I always look foward to seeing that bit each time. :bunny:
  • chorkiel%s's Photo

Game of Thrones is the only TV show I've seen in recent times. Love it. Best TV show since Oh Oh Cherso.

You should watch 'de villa', it's way better than 'Oh Oh Cherso'.
  • Sulakke%s's Photo
    Nothing beats De Gouden Kooi.
  • Version1%s's Photo
    -Psych
    -How I Met Your Mother
    -Big Bang Theory
    -Scrubs
    -NCIS

Pretty much in that order
  • Liampie%s's Photo

You should watch 'de villa', it's way better than 'Oh Oh Cherso'.

It is? Haven't heard anything about De Villa.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo

It is? Haven't heard anything about De Villa.

look for it on rtlgemist.nl. It's like de gouden kooi but it's more show and more stuff happens.
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    C-SPAN
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Okay. I just finished season 4 of The Wire, often viewed as the best season of any tv show of all time.

Seriously, anyone who likes Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Lost, etc this is YOUR show. Anyone who likes anything complicated, watch this show. Anyone who loves good acting, watch this show. Anyone who likes to get attached to characters, watch this show.

It has the best acting and story I have ever seen. The first 3 episodes of the first season are really slow, but it's worth it to stick it out. It has a 9.5 on IMDB, higher than Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Firefly, Dexter, Lost, House, Sopranos, Oz. Hell, it's higher than every tv show of all time (other than Planet Earth).

I just finished season 4

All I can say is wow. By far the best show I've ever watched. I can't even go back to Breaking Bad...
    The characters in this show...
    Avon, Stringer Bell, Wallace, D'Angelo, Omar, Bodie...
    Nick, Ziggy, Frank, The Greek, Beadie...
    Proposition Joe, Marlo, Brother Mouzone, Cutty, Carcetti...
    Dukie, Michael, Randy, Namond, Snoop, Chris, Sherrod, Wee-bay...
    McNulty, Carver, Greggs, Prez, Bunk, Bubbles, Daniels, Freamon...

These are just a few of the best cast I have ever seen. Best casting of all time. I've never been so attached to so many characters... I can't even pick a favorite character, or just a few favorite characters. Dukie, Michael, Namond, Randy, Snoop, Bubbles, Prez, Bodie, Carcetti, McNulty, Greggs, Stringer Bell, Wallace, D'Angelo, Omar, Ziggy are probably my favorites.

Season 4 is definitely my favorite thus far. A lot of people didn't love season 2. I felt it was a 10/10 just like seasons 1 and 3. Season 4 is an 11/10. After watching this show, I don't know what to do. I think I might be done with television. Breaking Bad season 3 was great, but other than that nothing even comes close for me. Game of Thrones maybe...but The Wire is just better. Flat out better. The Wire is like Game of Thrones in a real world. With real characters.

This show really showcases how fucked up the world is. The ghetto is fucked up and I feel for anyone who has to deal with it. The good people and the bad people. The drug users and the dealers. I'm sure there are some truly evil people in the ghetto, but almost everyone has a reason. Parents, gangs, etc. Even then I feel for the gangs and the parents.

Thank you, creators and writers of The Wire. I love you guys.
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo
    Current Shows:
    Community
    Big Bang Theory
    Grimm
    Downton Abbey
    Once Upon a Time

Past:
    Babylon 5
    Firefly
    The 4400
    Battlestar Galactica (Both old and new, but not "Galactica 1980")
    Cheers

Still need to catch up on Game of Thrones, Lost and loads of Star Trek.

Kai :huey:
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    Recently:

The Eric Andre Show
    Children's Hospital
    Superjail
    Sealab 2021
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Workaholics
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    Royal Pains
    Leverage

Two extremely underrated shows.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    Royal Pains is pronounced "Pharmaceuticaloyal Pains"
  • K0NG%s's Photo

Okay. I just finished season 4 of The Wire, often viewed as the best season of any tv show of all time.

Seriously, anyone who likes Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Lost, etc this is YOUR show. Anyone who likes anything complicated, watch this show. Anyone who loves good acting, watch this show. Anyone who likes to get attached to characters, watch this show.

Thank you, creators and writers of The Wire. I love you guys.

In other words...anyone else that just scored an OZ of killer bud....watch this show.

BTW Travis...I'm waiting for something to show up in my mailbox. Posted Image
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    Never listed my faves in here before..

That '70s show.
    Scrubs
    Californication
    Blue Mountain State
    How I Met Your Mother
    The Office
    Family Guy.. only when I'm really bored or with friends though.
    and Pokémon, it's quite funny when you get more into it.

edit: forgot psych
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Top gear
    NCIS
    The Office
    Tosh
    Criminal Minds
    Psych
    Colbert
    Any races or hockey games
  • MorganFan%s's Photo

Royal Pains is pronounced "Pharmaceuticaloyal Pains"