General Chat / Coolest City you have ever visited?

• Wanted%s's Photo
    The little town of Kaanapali in Maui!
  • Insanity%s's Photo
    Northern Shore of Oahu in winter last year, during the rest of the year it's only a few residents who live by Sunset Beach and Pipeline, but when winter hits.... its a vibrant city of very experienced surfers.
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    Hmmm, I guess I haven't been to many cities, but I'd have to say Barcelona was my favorite. Just a beatuiful place. Also didn't hurt that I was there during the end of Spain's run towards a World Cup victory. Oh, and the Sagrada Familia is probably the coolest thing I've ever seen.

Paris is definitely up there, as is New York and Chicago. Chicago deffinitely let off an awesome vibe, that's for sure. I was there for a weekend for a cross country race this past fall, so the day after the race we did a long run from the Aon Center along the lakefront to Loyola's campus. What an awesome experience that was.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    Haven't been to many cities outside Belgium but I think "Brugge" counts as one of the most beautiful cities in all the country.

My to visit list though is
    LA
    NYC
    London
    Tokyo
    Beijing
  • That Guy%s's Photo
    ^Careful with L.A, last time when we visited Disneyland we decided to migrate the short way to see L.A, but apart from the Hollywood sign, it was a complete shit hole IMO... The vandalism was real bad where we drove, we eventually ended up in Chinatown which was probably the best part of the visit, but relatively boring... I don't know if we just went through all the wrong parts but I didn't enjoy it at all...

I would highly recommend San Diego though. It's a very beautiful place, you can check out the famous hotels. Knott's Berry Farm, Sea World, and the San Diego Zoo are also all within a good driving distance.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    Isn't LA a concrete Jungle.
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    Key West, Florida. That town re-defines "laid-back".

Runner-up is DC. Not a terribly big fan of NYC, though. (Probably because I tend to visit in the fall and early spring, when it's cold, windy and wet.)

Will probably change after my trip to Japan. I have high hopes for Kyoto. (Less so for Tokyo.)

-ACE
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    Buenos Aires and Brasilia, just beautiful. Looking forward to visiting Tokyo someday
  • JJ%s's Photo
    For me my favourite is Las Vegas :), with Boston in second and Paris in third :D
  • JJ%s's Photo

Key West, Florida. That town re-defines "laid-back".

Runner-up is DC. Not a terribly big fan of NYC, though. (Probably because I tend to visit in the fall and early spring, when it's cold, windy and wet.)

Will probably change after my trip to Japan. I have high hopes for Kyoto. (Less so for Tokyo.)

-ACE

Oh I love Key West too <3, I wanna live there :p
  • JJ%s's Photo

Yes and no.. we found this great little bar with old puppets that sang, some pretty nifty food, and a very strange atmosphere that I really liked :). The cologne shop was cool.. and there is the way by the water which is impressive, some nice other churches. Generally, walking around was very pleasant.. an incredible amount of shopping >_<. And the cathedral is just really really impressive.

I wasn't really throwing Cologne down as one of my favorites anyways. Just close to Frankfurt :p.

When we went there we ate in the Hard Rock Cafe haha, we didn't stay there for long though was just passing through :p. Sounds just like when we passed through Luxembourg where we had Pizza Hut ahaha, we sure were taking up the local culture :). Oh and Mcdonalds in Frankfurt when we passed through there :D
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    I think I already mentioned Chicago.

Seattle Is awesome to, I wished I had stayed there longer. I went on an Alaskan cruise so, gotta throw in anyplace in Alaska.

San Antonio is pretty neat. Riverwalk is very beautiful, plus two theme parks :D

Fort Worth is really great to, especially sundance square or the stockyards.

My most want to Visit Cities in America are Portland and St. Louis. Ive been mostly everywhere else though :p (Big cities, that is.) Plus I'd like to hit up some Parks.

Outside of the U.S. I would really like to visit either Hong Kong or Shanghia, especially around Chinese new years just to see them celebrate like crazy. Not to mention the Awe-inspiring skyscrapers and Skylines.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    ^
    Yeah the stockyard is great.

My 2 favorite is
    Tokyo and Seoul just because I'm a big city boy.
    They're a lot similar. Except Seoul has better coasters :p
  • mardy%s's Photo
    ROTTERDAM!!! Because the beautiful soccer club called Feyenoord Rotterdam (look at my avatar) and because i play in D1 by Feyenoord.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    But the city itself is horrible. Some nice architecture, but as a whole it's a mess. Beyond ugly.

I do like the skyline though, from a distance.

Posted Image

I made this pic a few weeks ago when I passed Rotterdom by train. Depressing!
  • Hex%s's Photo
    Probably when My class took a trip to Europe I enjoyed Brussels. Great food. Great people. Great atmosphere. :)
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Prague, Seattle, Kuala Lumpur
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo

The little town of Kaanapali in Maui!

Going there in July for a week. Im excited.

I don't travel much but the coolest cities I have visited are Chicago, Park City, Vail, South Lake Tahoe, and Cancun.
  • rK_%s's Photo
    PORTLAND OREGON!!!! Its seriously is one of the most humble and level headed places i have ever been to. One of the few places i have had political talks with complete strangers and they actually listened and validated my points and also gave there side with no hostility or anger because of anothers views, you try to do that here in louisiana and i bet you'll either be in a brutal fight or hit with somthing, i hate this state...
  • pashearer23%s's Photo
    San Antonio, Texas

One place I love to visit!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading