General Chat / Coolest City you have ever visited?

• mardy%s's Photo
    liampie but I'm only 11 years old, so you like completely different things in a city. I like a lot of soccer, and if you are a quiet time outside of the city by walking you really see a lot of playgrounds and soccer pinches. and just because I go every week to Feyenoord and I am every week in the Feyenoord shirt!;)
  • Dimi%s's Photo

Probably when My class took a trip to Europe I enjoyed Brussels. Great food. Great people. Great atmosphere. :)

Is that the only Belgian city you've visited? Because apart from the small historic center I'd rather call it the international European dumping ground for both architecture and people.
  • MeMeMe%s's Photo
    Only been to a few cities myself, but my favorite would be Boston and Milton Keynes (if MK counts as a city)

Boston is beautiful and vibes off that feel of patriotism and American history our textbooks never did. Milton Keynes is organized and modern compared to large parts of the big cities it serves (London and Birmingham)and the stuff they have have in The Centre:MK is just terrific.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    I've been to multiple cities in which I all like some parts but barely ever the city as a whole.
    I mean I've been to Bergamo (Italy) which is a beautifull city but the center of it is just plain boring and filthy.
    When I went to Istanbul, I loved most of the city but it also has the poor parts which are rather saddening, the roads are also terrible. My guest-family's dad drove us through the city, 100km/h in the middle of a city with ''hills'' and such.

I only have a small queue of cities I want to go to, because I'd rather see a country on itself than one city because cities only resemble itself.
    - San Francisco (My cousin went there and said it was one of the most beautifull cities on earth)
    - Los Angeles (I've seen so much of it, I want to touch that city)
    - Las Vegas (Gotta have been there!)
    Those are my most want-to-go-to cities.
  • rct2isboss%s's Photo
    Probaly moscow
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    -New Orleans
    -Rome
    -Berlin
    -Seattle
    -Toronto

All five are incredibly vibrant, culturally-significant, fun cities, all for different reasons as well.
  • Luigi%s's Photo
    1. Berlin. Absolutely great city, with many things to see. Nice museums, good architecture and of course a very rich history. I would like to check out the nightlife here then I'm around twenty years old. I also really like the German people; very friendly!

2. London. Also a very nice city, with nice architecture and it's own cultural highlights. It just seems to ''live'' less than Berlin.

3. Barcelona. I enjoyed the soccer stadium, the Olympian village, the aquarium. The architecture by Gaudi is nice too.

I have been to other big cities as well, like Rome, Brussel and of course a lot of Dutch cities. But this is my personal top 3.
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    1. Rome
    2. Prague
    3. Valencia
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    -Chicago
    -Victoria, British Columbia
    -Seattle
    -San Diego
    -NYC
    Really want to visit Tokyo, Hong Kong, london, and Sydney.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    I get to see a lot of cities but there are a few that have stood out for me

1) Reykjavik - Iceland

Posted Image

2) Berlin - Germany

3) Amsterdam - Netherlands

Vegas is awesome too :p
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    Yeah dude, Reykjavik is at the top of my list of places to see. Looks so awesome (and your picture further enforces my assumption).
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    Bumping all the threads tonight.

1. San Francisco. Shit, that place is awesome. I'll also include Napa Valley, Stinson Beach, Santa Cruz, Berkeley, and Sausalito, since they are basically all 30 minutes apart from each other. If I had the choice to live anywhere in the world, this would be it.

2. Cotswolds, GB. This is a big area of small towns, most notably Stow on the Wold, and Bourton on the Water, and Chipping Campden. the architecture is absolutely gorgeous, and the people are some of the nicest. Don't forget the world class pubs. ;)

3. Oxford, GB. See above, and also one of the most beautiful college cities in the world. If I could go to college outside of the US without paying a fortune, I would go here. Beautiful.

4. Chicago. Gotta love this place.

5. San Antonio. The Riverwalk is some real shit.
  • RamSam12%s's Photo
    Just got back from a weekend trip to Providence, RI. This definitely is my favorite of all, especially the east coast, cities I have been to recently. Excellent balance of big city life with small ocean town atmosphere. Other than that, Barcelona is coolest foreign city I've ever seen.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    If anyone is interested in beautiful gran canarian architecture, you should look up Teror. I've been there a couple months ago, it's beautifull!
    Unfortunately there isn't google streetview of my favorite street and I can't seem to load bing maps to show it but here's a picture:

Posted Image
  • Brunooo%s's Photo
    Pipa, a small village in Brazil.
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    Madrid and my hometown, Graz.
    Really loved the vibrant nights in the old Madrid city center and Graz is just great - not too big and not too small, lots of students, beautiful city center, lots of culture and nature within a few minutes. (No I'm not getting paid for this)

"MFG"
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    I'd like to toss in my hometown of Fort Worth. Now, you might think that's kind off odd, but it's really a fantastic place. It's overshadowed by Dallas, but I think most people know that size isnt everything. There is a lot of real "wild west" heritage, it's very charming. The downtown area, "Sundance Square" is one of the nicest, most genuine walkable downtown's I've ever been to(and developing more everyday), second only to Chicago and San Antonio's riverwalk. If anyone here ever plans a trip to Dallas or SFOT, I recommend stopping by.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    New York's pretty cool.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Chicago.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    New York City

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading