Related Games / Cedar Plains

• ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    I get it, cause its a plain park.
  • fraroc%s's Photo

I get it, cause its a plain park.

How the hell is a park that just got the worlds biggest steel looper plain?
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

How the hell is a park that just got the worlds biggest steel looper plain?

He means the landscape, remember what I said.

Worry about the landscape, I have said to take advice, can you please listen.
  • fraroc%s's Photo
    Year 1990

PARK OPENS AS CEDAR PLAINS

This is the parks first season under the new name, and with a new flagship attraction! Lets check it out!

Posted Image
    The Cedar Plains Sign.

Posted Image
    The park took advatage of some really top-notch scenery! just like that animatronic demon statue!

Posted Image
    "You must pass the demon horseman's gaze in order to ride DEMON FORCE"

Posted Image
    This half-hour wait is NOTHING compared to last week. The line stretched way past the queue when it first opened.

Posted Image
    Even though this is rendered obsolete, Octane is still getting lots of love!

Posted Image
    Other people still like a family friendly adventure on the Golden Nugget Mine Ride!
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    How about a protective fence? Any axe maniac could sneak up and chop off all the roller coaster's supports. He could easily do it if he was dressed in a blue shirt and pants and a yellow hard hat
  • verti%s's Photo
    Needs more supporting scenery. One huge animatronic isn't enough to call it a 'theme', an entire queue carved out of that sort of rock with creepy stuff in and around it, now that's a theme.
  • yocoaster%s's Photo
    I agree^^^ Demon Force could use more scenery...
  • fraroc%s's Photo
    sorry for not updating, getting ready for school in a couple of days :(
  • Bolliger & Mabillard%s's Photo
    I'm already back in school. :)
  • fraroc%s's Photo
    Year 1990

LARGE TERRAFORMING PROJECT CONFIRMED

Cedar Fair LP confirmed yesterday that a large scale terraforming project will be taking place over the course of 1991. What they are planning to do is to empty the large pond in the midddle of the park. The water and underwater life will be relocated to different freshwater lakes around Oregon. The large quarry in place of the lake will be filled up with earth in order to make flat land. Rumor has it that a large, new attraction will be put there for 1992, but nothing is confirmed.

Posted Image
    Get your fill of the lake, It wont be around much longer.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    oh fucking yay more flat land.
  • verti%s's Photo
    Wait, you have one piece of something that could resemble landscaping and you remove it?
  • fraroc%s's Photo

oh fucking yay more flat land.

It aint gonna fucking stay empty forever.
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    The point isn't whether there is gonna be something on it on not, the point is: Why not keep the lake? Most parks have a river/lake/pond...and some even build attractions over/around them. Check out Kings' Dominion Anaconda, and even Cedar Point's Iron Dragon (since you said you get inspiration from there).
  • fraroc%s's Photo
    Year 1991

Here are the pictures I have taken of the terraforming project.

Posted Image
    May 21st Opening Day, nothing is different I guess work hasent started yet

Posted Image
    June 5th, They are using a big hose to drain the lake. So far its half full.

Posted Image
    June 10th,Its official, the lake is empty, a big quarry is in place.

Posted Image
    August 8th, The new earth is in place.

Also, It has already been confirmed that there will be a new attraction going here, but no one knows what it will be. I guess we are going to have to wait until Cedar Fair gives us am official announcement.
    Oh fuck yay. More plains to secure the Cedar Plains name.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    B&M that wasn't even funny. Fraroc I just love the trees that magically appeared on top of the sand.
  • RCTCA%s's Photo

It aint gonna fucking stay empty forever.

Empty is not the same as flat. You removed a LAKE for more flat land? Come on, really.. I mean really....
  • fraroc%s's Photo
    Think of one thing, if terraforming is so easy, then more landscaping projects can happen in the near future!!
    Put the damn lake back and make a decent/awesome *i hope* coaster with decent/awesome *i hope* theming and scenery.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading