(Archive) Advertising District / MCI at work

• rct2isboss%s's Photo
    The hedges on the roof and the grey castle walls are kind of out of place.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    no no no. they look great.
  • Luigi%s's Photo
    They look nice indeed. Only watch out you don't build too much 2x1 buildings.
  • MCI%s's Photo
    Thank you!
    I changed a little bit and added new buildings.

Attached Image: Secret Weapon1 Station überarbetet.png
    "New" Station

Attached Image: 270° Auffahrt und Zum Henker.jpg
    Restaurant "Zum Henker"

Attached Image: Neue Bilder.jpg
    Backside of the station and new buildings (toilets in the middle and souveniers in the right building)

Attached Image: Neue Gebäude.jpg
    Other view

Gruß
    MCI
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    Looks very nice
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    You've gotten much better MCI, really likin' this.
  • Luigi%s's Photo
    You are improving really quickly! I only think there are a tad too much of the hedges. Otherwise I really like it.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    You should exchange some of the trimmed bright green hedges for the dark hedge fences. I think they would look better in this case as well as adding some contrast.
  • MCI%s's Photo
    Thanks guys!
    I thought it would be time to show you a little overview of the area.
    I started to theme the coaster and I added a "relax zone".
    Posted Image
    Gruß
    MCI
  • Hex%s's Photo
    I'm not too crazy about the layout, but it looks nice otherwise.
    :mantis:
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Everything looks great but that layout is scaring me just a bit.http://www.rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&ml=6803
  • coasterfreak101%s's Photo
    The area looks great. The coaster isn't overly realistic, and it certainly doesn't scream B&M, but so what? It looks fun, and hopefully runs well!
  • nin%s's Photo
    NCSO with custom supports? Interesting. Ive considered doing something like that, nice way to mix up the norm.
  • Luigi%s's Photo
    I agree with coasterfreak101 about the lay out. It really looks fun. The custom supports work well in this screen.
  • MCI%s's Photo
    @suicidecarz: Thank you!
    @austin55: Your right: the layout is not the typical B&M conservative "never try something new" Layout, but I´m not B&M. I thought about Airtime when I build this and I think I´ve got that pretty well...
    @Coasterfreak101 & Luigi: Thanks guys! I wanted the Layout to be fun, not 100% realistic :)
    @nin: thank you! I´m using them combined with NCSO since 2009. I´ve done some coasters with this combination on rct-world.com, but I never tried to make a whole park with them.

Posted Image

Gruß
    MCI
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    This looks nice MCI! I really like the foilage although you could do with putting grass or mud under it.
  • Luigi%s's Photo
    ^Yeah, I agree. And perhaps you could try getting rid of the supports under the pirate ship. Don't know if it is possible with the woodstructures though.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    All sand --> grass.

Pirate ship = totally out of place in every possible way

Barrells = random and irrelevant
  • Comet%s's Photo
    Why is the pirate ship out of place?
    I do agree you should add some grass in there somewhere though
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    - Because there it makes no sense to have such a big ship in such a small pond. They could've constructed the ship in the pond which makes no sense either.
    - It's a lonely piece of theming in a large area, which makes it stick out in a bad way
    - It's not very well visible, not even from the coaster.
    - The left half of the screen is much denser than the right half

I just noticed something that appears to be a water spouting cannon. You couldn't have picked a worse spot for that. The view is blocked from virtually every angle!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading