Theme Park Discussion / NE's 2012 Construction Topic

• Cena%s's Photo

Where are you from Louis England ?

Big Sexy is from Brighton.
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo

Big Sexy is from Brighton

Haha big sexy ? sound's nasty... sound's like a new mcdonald's burger lol :rolleyes:

Seriously though have a look at that video :)
  • chorkiel%s's Photo

go to youtube and search : slowest ever 100 at daegu .... and click on the 1st video i was pishing myself.

I'm not gonna say it's wrong to show us videos that you like.
    but next time, please just link the video (makes more people watch it).
    and don't post such a thing in a SIX FLAGS forum..
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^fake mod high five!
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    -HIGH FIVE !-
    Do I get one of those cool 'admin' things with a small cop next to it above my posts too ? :D
  • Cena%s's Photo
    Yeah, but with prison bars in front of it.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    Why would they lock a policeman up ? :S
  • mardy%s's Photo
    ^Because he stole Louis!' cupcake.
  • Bolliger & Mabillard%s's Photo
    Hoooly shit!
    http://Dollywood2012.com/
    Enjoy. ;)

I am definitely going to Dollywood next year for the first time. I never really wanted to go until now.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    This makes Vulture look even more realistic... haha
    Haha.
    It kinda does!
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Well, it looks like B&M are spending a lot of money on this brilliant new Wingrider desgn. IMO it looks very good and i look hope for more to come :)
    I would agree. I am quite hyped for this.
    Personally, I thought it would be longer, loopier, have a larger drop, and faster.
    But this still looks really fun.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^^Ummm...B&M aren't spending a penny, it's Dollywood that's spending the money, B&M are just raking it in.

I've also merged all the 2012 topics into one big 2012 discussion thread.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Good going Louis

I dont get the huge brake runs recently, first Leviathan Now Eagle. They could easily add some more fun elements in there but instead they throw in some mega long break run.
    Oh well eagle still looks epic!
    ^^ Ty Louis. B&M is just raking it all in selling all sorts of coasters this year.
    I can't wait to see what these new coasters are like, espically Wild Eagle.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Whilst we are on the subject of Wing-Riders, I'm not all that impressed with Thorpe's layout. It's so short and doesnt really do much, plus the weirdness of the brake run, slight helix, brake run, is really odd, just like Dollywood's extra long brake run.

Also, it seems weird that whilst B&M seemed to be finally making interesting layouts and changing from their usual standards (Leviathan being a Giga and Starry Sky Ripper), they seemed to have gone back to the usual cookie cutter layout with Wild Eagle, you can do so many interesting things with this train type, why go back to the boring standard set-up of loop, zero-g, immelmann, flatspin?

But I must admit, they are clearly doing something right. They took their time in developing an idea, they didn't rush off like Intamin and fail miserably, it's paid off. 4 B&M Wing-Riders in 2 years, 1 Intamin Wing-Walker in 5 years.
  • Cole%s's Photo
    I agree about the Swarm's layout, Louis. It'll still probably be a decent coaster, but it seems like so much more could have been done with it.
  • Comet%s's Photo
    That straight drop and loop on Wild Eagle look like they would be so much fun, especially in an outside seat
    You're gonna be so out in the open and probably not even see any track going through them

btw, did Dollywood get rid of Timber Tower, I don't see it on the map. Was it really that big of a problem?
  • nin%s's Photo
    It's still standing, but as of this season it's closed. I'm not sure if they are going to keep it or not.

While being a really cool ride, with pretty good theming there wasn't much to it. Rode it once last year, didn't care that I couldn't this year.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading