Theme Park Discussion / 2013 Construction Topic

• Louis!%s's Photo
    Fuck me that looks beautiful
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    It will either be the new #1 woodie or a complete bomb, in my opinion. But yeah, it looks pretty insane.
  • FredD%s's Photo
    Posted Image
  • Brent%s's Photo
    So Cedar Point messed up and put up pix of Gatekeeper early.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    FUCK YEA! That looks insane!
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    ajiodfhianekanin!!!! I'm so happy I get to ride that next year! :D :D :D :D :D
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    thats a sick looking ride but a stupid, stupid name. Will they be redoing the whole entrance with this ride?
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    Shit dude, how soon did you find these? They seem to have been taken down already.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    It was up for a very brief amount of time. They still have the links for Gatekeeper at the bottom of the site, but they're in-active.
  • Maverix%s's Photo

thats a sick looking ride but a stupid, stupid name. Will they be redoing the whole entrance with this ride?

Yes they will be re-doing the entrance. The name is a stupid play on the fact it 'guards' the entrance but it's the name, looking at the ride, I could care less about the name right now.

Also, that logo is badass as hell. :drool:
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    almost looks as sick as the new B&M coaster in Phoenix:
    http://goo.gl/QDYUI
  • Brent%s's Photo
    WTF @ that Phoenix thing.
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    Best wing rider layout ever! And it's on Cedar Point! Great!
    EDIT: btw, I didn't found anything on Cedar Point site... Posted Image
    This woody...this is promising!
  • panther33%s's Photo
    If these pictures are true, which I believe they are. It decides what type of park I am building!

That being said, I hope that I am able to get out to Cedar Point to conquer all of those beasts especially this one!
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Edit: Nvm, the pic wasn't loading for me heh.
  • RMM%s's Photo
    wow! the way you go through the slits in the towers is gonna be a real mindfuck.
  • FredD%s's Photo

ajiodfhianekanin!!!! I'm so happy I get to ride that next year! :D :D :D :D :D

Me too :party:
  • A.S.Coasters%s's Photo
    Cedar Point has a front gate webcam now, wonder why?

/sarcasm

I'm really glad Gatekeeper looks worth it, I was afraid that it would be the standard X-Flight/ Swarm style.
  • Bolliger & Mabillard%s's Photo
    Honestly I can't wait for these styles of rides to be implemented into RCT2! Get dem creative juices flowing park builders!
  • Ride6%s's Photo

almost looks as sick as the new B&M coaster in Phoenix:
    http://goo.gl/QDYUI

Real life trackitecture! Clearly we rct'ers have begun infiltrating the ranks of architects and engineers. The world will be our playground!

No? no. T__T

Well a man can dream can't he... a man can dream.

Regardless Gatekeeper's layout makes me extremely happy. I was worried that it was going to be a silly inline roll fest like X-flight. Which isn't at all bad but honestly fell a bit short of my expectations. *shrugs*

And Outlaw Run looks... just wtf are they smoking at RMC? I have my doubts that it's going to be as seamlessly low-maintenance as they're claiming and I'm not really sure if I even WANT stuff like that on wooden coasters... it's a cool experiment, to be sure, but I have a lot of reservations about it. Hopefully it turns out to be truly great, but that it's seen as an alternative to steel loopers rather than to well-designed but old-school tech woodies (those from GCI and Gravity Group mostly).

Ride6

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading