Theme Park Discussion / 2013 Construction Topic

• Bolliger & Mabillard%s's Photo

just wtf are they smoking at RMC?

Something less than what RCCA were hitting when they made SoB, that's for sure.
  • Insanity%s's Photo
    IVE BEEN MINDFUCKED
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Live Cedar Point event at 3:30pm EDT
  • Insanity%s's Photo
    :eek: Im changing my wingrider layout on wickline now
    Better Stream
    http://www.cedarpoin...ride/statistics
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo

GateKeeper @ Cedar Point
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJqhApNBjes&feature=g-high-u

• MorganFan%s's Photo
    Laughing my ass off at the people complaining about anything that has to do with the quality of Cedar Point.
    The general public is stupid as hell.
    "WOWOWOWOWOW DOES IT REALLY GO BACKWARDS?" -Edward Keef from Facebook
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Another wing rider yawn...

Although this one looks better than all the rest, it actually has a decent layout by the looks of it
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    ^^haha agree! I saw that comment and I was like "really?" :p
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    It looks like a solid ride with a better layout than other wingriders. Thankfully, I cancelled my Cedar Point trip for this year and changed it to next year (weeks before this was announced).

The general public is stupid as hell.
    "WOWOWOWOWOW DOES IT REALLY GO BACKWARDS?" -Edward Keef from Facebook

Go on any Facebook page for a park and look at the GP's (General Public) comments, they are pure comedic gold. We should have a thread about these stupid comments we find...
  • Mr. Coaster%s's Photo
    Please, No. That kind of thread usually goes downhill real fast.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Two developments going on in Texas.

Something is going in to SFOT to replace flashback and Chute out. My guess? an X-flight clone or similar, and a skyscreamer. Which I would be very happy with...

And Something is going on with SFFT's Rattler. It's been one of my favorite coasters, I just LOVE how stupidly terrible it is haha. But it seems its a 99% chance of an RMC style makeover, perhaps with a barrel roll.

Also don't forget the new Iron Shark Eurofighter!

Seaworld needs to step up its game. One of the shortest hypercoasters, a BTR clone and a mediocre Journey to Atlantis.
    B&M Flyer or Intamin/Mack launch please? The closest flyer is a clone in Atlanta and the closest Intamin or Mack launch is... geez I dunno. The coast somewhere.
  • SixFlagsTexas1994%s's Photo
    Flashback's new name at SFStl is Boomerang.......what a stretch in ideas....
  • Brent%s's Photo
    I'd love to see Sea World San Antonio get something next year or 2014... especially since I'll be only 2 hours from there for the next 3 years starting next month.

Would also love to see SFOT get something major in the next year or two.

SFSTL is getting the shaft with the boomerang, lol.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    I'd love to see Sea World San Antonio get something next year or 2014... especially since I'll be only 2 hours from there for the next 3 years starting next month.

Would also love to see SFOT get something major in the next year or two.

SFSTL is getting the shaft with the boomerang, lol.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    Yeah, Sea World San Antonio could use some work. They have a good coaster collection for a Sea World park, but the park lacks in pretty much every other respect. For shows and animal exhibits, both other Sea World parks make them look terrible, and with one more good coaster even San Diego will have passed them up in rides. They need to either build up the rest of the park so that it's a respectable Sea World, or start adding some more coasters. Either Manta would be a nice addition.

Hopefully SFOT gets a new coaster, but I'm expecting a big Star Flyer.

Iron Rattler at SFFT will have me heading back to Texas ASAP if it ends up anywhere near as good as New Texas Giant.

And yeah, sorry SFStL... Maybe it'll at least come with new trains? The lapbar-only version they have at Prater actually make for a fun ride.
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    Keep in mind that Sea World just had a huge waterpark overhaul. I'm sure that they will soon focus the park, and hopefully add new rides/exhibits. The last time I went, the mammal area seemed pretty sad, so that will probably be the first to be worked on.

As for SFOT, I'm hoping for a NON-CLONE. We've taken the back seat for the past thirty fucking years since 1987 by getting dumbass clones, with the exception of NTG. The only clone worth getting in my opinion, is Batman, since they are actually well designed. I was hoping for the removal of Titan, in preparation of a real B&M hyper/giga or something worth a ride, unlike Titan. Maybe we'll jump on the wing coaster bandwagon and get a non-clone, which would be awesome, but knowing SFOT, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Sorry for that rant...
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Take out Titan? Are you nuts?
    What's with the beef on Titan? I haven't ridden it so I can't make a full judgement call, but it looks awfully similar to Goliath. Sure it doesn't have alot of airtime hills but the ride is great nonetheless. Not only is the ride very smooth but it pulls a great amount of positive g's. I don't see Magic Mountain or Over Texas removing those two rides for at least another two decades if at all.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading