Custom Scenery Exchange / Spacek's Custom Rides

• spacek531%s's Photo

The spinning animation is the major holdup. I can't figure out what magic combination of flags and other properties are required to make it work.

• nicman%s's Photo

What do you mean by flags?

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

I think he's referring to the vehicle flags - I'm not aware of any ride flags associated with animation.

• tce_k%s's Photo

Hey, spacek531, any updates, my man?

Really looking forward to using this one. Thanks. Appreciate the work you put into your rides.

• spacek531%s's Photo

SURPRISE!

A Vekoma MK1200/1212 train has been added. Please enjoy!

• spacek531%s's Photo

Two in one day? I hope you understand you guys are hopelessly spoiled! There's now a eurofighter to download and use.

• G Force%s's Photo
    Awesome stuff spacek, hopefully some of us can find use for them soon.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo

thanks for all your hard work spacek

• YoloSweggLord%s's Photo

holy fuck that's awesome. Thanks a ton man.

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

Amazing.

• spacek531%s's Photo

Hopefully you guys appreciate special features, because here is one about the Vekoma MK1200 model I made:

The Vekoma MK1200 - 2009 model uses an innovative restraint system to give old Arrow and Vekoma models a more comfortable ride. It uses vests that are much thinner than, but serve the same purpose as OTS restraints. Anyone who isn't 6'2" will know that these are quite painful to hit your head on, which happens quite frequently.

If you equipped your microscope, you will notice that the vests on the model lay flat when no peep is present, but the vests fit the peep when there is one. To those who have some experience with the X7123M3-256's tool, it can seem like magic.

There are two vests at play to make this work: one vest that fits the peep, and one vest that lays flat. When the restraints go up, the vest that lays flat goes up too. When peeps board the the train, they are not wearing the form-fitting vest, but when the restraints go down, it appears! This is done with a combination of several things:

1. RCT2 renders peep sprites above train sprites

2. The flat vest is underneath the peep

3. The form-fitting vest is part of the peep sprite

4. The vest is sunk inside the peep, until the restraints come down.

By timing the animation carefully, a seamless transition can be made between the flat vest attached to the restraints and the form-fitting vest attached to the peeps:

TinyBelatedJavalina-size_restricted.gif

It could be that this adds nothing to the game, and the hours spent modifying the program to animate the vest with the peep sprites were for nothing. Even if the handful of pixels it changes make no difference to what people think when they see the train in the game, I thought it was very important to have this animation, and I hope everyone enjoys this special feature.

• YoloSweggLord%s's Photo

That's pretty neat, I enjoyed reading about that.

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

That's insane. I love it.

• spacek531%s's Photo

Tell me: does anyone see any use for one of these things?

RaggedSpecificFluke-size_restricted.gif

• Jappy%s's Photo

I do!

• olddtfan51%s's Photo

I would if i had one

• inthemanual%s's Photo

I'd definitely use that in an upcoming project, especially if you can add a train of barrels behind it

• tce_k%s's Photo

I do, too.

Awesome work, thank you.

• Chocotopian%s's Photo

Your stuff is great. I can totally see that traction engine being used, and the animations on it are fantastic.

• spacek531%s's Photo

Hayrides and barrel trains are coming soon, just in time for harvest season. Coming soon!

https://gfycat.com/g...FamousColdBorer

Tags