Released / Insular Insomnia by Todd Lee & Mama Bear

• JDP%s's Photo
    ^For finishing this park.
    -JDP
  • Mama Bear%s's Photo
    We're kind of stuck in the last small area that still needed filling! We tried several coasters but until now decided they all ruined the overall look of the park, so now we're trying other attractions............It might take a little more time, but I'm sure we'll come up with something satisfactory!

While waiting for that I'll start to show you some overviews from areas of the park that are already finished(except for fine-tuning and making relevant rides invisible, that is!)

Just to refresh your memory, here is the map of the park we showed in the beginning:

Posted Image

The actual park is the area within the dotted square. I'm showing you area 5: the Volcanic Island.

95% of the staff is living on this Island. Most of them in the apartment building with the beach. Some in the bungalows scattered over the Island. The Island also holds a small, but well utilised hospital and a school for the staff's and longer staying guest's off-spring. Regular guests only have access to the south-east part of the Island.

Posted Image
    The south - south-west side of the Island. Except for the bridge and watch tower down-left, which are part of the palace complex, and the bridge and annex building top-right, all buildings were build in the 20th century. The smaller red-roofed building is the hospital, the bigger red-roofed one is the school (and also station to "Firestarter")

Posted Image
    The north - northwest side. Gives a good view ob the apartment building and the powerplants. This is where the rough sea outside the circle of cliffs actually touches the shore. Whales are often spotted here on their way to and from their breeding grounds.

Posted Image
    north - north-east side.

Posted Image
    south - south-east side.

We will work a little more on the ocean floor and of course the submarine ride and the helicopter ride will be made invisible.....

Enjoy!

Mama Bear
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Beautiful.
  • Carl%s's Photo
    You have some large impressive structures there that I cant wait to get a better look at.
  • dr dirt%s's Photo
    Nice work. The brown/black hotel looks great! Isn't a observation tower coming out of fire dangerous... Mayber it's not, but it looks that way.
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    Just wondering, are you guys sending this in for Spotlight?

It looks awesome, and the architecture (like ^ said) looks sick.
  • vekoma9%s's Photo
    I'm loving it. It looks Fabulous.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    This park is just begging to destroy my computer. Fire, rapids, waterfalls, AND waterspout scenery pieces?! I can see the lagging from here.

Looks good, though! :)
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo

Just wondering, are you guys sending this in for Spotlight?

br />

We haven't discussed it yet.
  • Genius638%s's Photo
    breathtaking....

btw, what's the meaning of the name?
  • Casimir%s's Photo

breathtaking....

btw, what's the meaning of the name?

You've got insomnia when you can't sleep anymore. And Insular should be clear ^^
  • Mama Bear%s's Photo

You've got insomnia when you can't sleep anymore. And Insular should be clear ^^

That's right. We tried to make the park so that real coaster/amusement park lovers would definately catch insomnia while visiting. Next to that, to let it fit in with the history of the park the family that founded it is named Insomnia....

Thanks everyone for your kind comments!

We have good news. The last empty spot in the park is filled (finally!) and now we are fine-tuning, naming, completing the read-me file and the like.
    We aim for a release somewhere coming May.

Mama Bear
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo
    As you may remember, Albert Von Burien has been found. Island investigators have set out to find the cave that Albert claims to hold the ghost of one of the 4 pirate brothers who were banished to the island of Insomnia.

After following the directions that Albert was able to give them, the investigators were led to the oldest area of the island, where the first settlements are located. The knew they were looking for a cave, so they were naturally drawn near the mines, and the islands central falls, the cliffs there were bound to have caves!
    After 3 days of searching, the investigators finally located the cave. As they approached the cave, that's when they first spotted him... the pirate ghost!

Posted Image

Several of the investigators errupted into laughter when they saw the ghost. It wasn't a ghost at all! It was one of the staff members, an actor! As they talked with him, they discovered that Albert had been out photographing some of the nearby attractions. Albert had noticed the caves, and hiked down to them for a closer look. The "pirate ghost" was sitting in one of the caves practicing his lines for the upcoming production. He was to re-enact the role of one of the 4 Insomnia brothers that were banished to the island. Albert was so startled to find someone dressed as a pirate in the caves, that he believed he had actually seen a ghost!

As the investigators returned to headquarters and explained to Albert what had happened, he turned beet red! He couldn't believe that he had worried so much over nothing.... Albert picked up his camera and backpack and walked out the door to the office. As he left, he shouted over his shoulder "There's much to do before todays guests arrive, so, I'll see you in the park!"
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Haha, very sweet.

About the screen: Maybe make the land face behind the waterfalls ice? That would look a lot better...

About the story: Does this mean you are finished? :p
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    Nice...

I think that the drop would be better if the banked turn was in the opposite direction, but I guess that's not possible. Thye landscaping is a very good aspect of this park. The best thing is that you're doing a great job on pulling that theme off, keep going.

I'm really looking forward to this, keep us updated please.
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo

This park is just begging to destroy my computer. Fire, rapids, waterfalls, AND waterspout scenery pieces?! I can see the lagging from here.

Looks good, though! :)

The water spouts have been removed. This park is definately taxing, even without them. :twitch:
  • Mama Bear%s's Photo
    ^Definitely! Not only the waterspouts have been removed but also as many as possible of the white water pieces to keep animated objects from "stammering". That is what they start doing when you're close to the animation limit.

We already hit the ride/stall limits (253 according to 8-cars). We really had a hard time to divide stalls we already had over the park so to keep it peep friendly.
    We also hit the staff limit. 200 staffmembers (this includes the "Zoo animals" of course, lol) adequately take care of the park.
    We are now in the testing/fine-tuning fase and I'm just waiting for the sign limit to be hit.............

About the screen: Maybe make the land face behind the waterfalls ice? That would look a lot better...

That's a matter of taste, Gwazi! I never liked nor will like the ice behind falls in most cases. A darker background gives more contrast and therefor more depth imho.

About the story: Does this mean you are finished?

Yes!! As I said we now are testing (we want the park as peep friendly as possible!) and fine-tuning. Then we have to work on the read-me. Release will be before the end of May, guaranteed!

Mama Bear
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Hehe, okay, no problem. It's your park afterall, so build the waterfalls how you would like them. :)

Oh, and YESSS! about you being done.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Looks great...but is that a B&M coaster in the corner or just some sort of theming?
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo
    I can't think of anywhere in the park that we used coaster track as scenery.