Released / Insular Insomnia by Todd Lee & Mama Bear

• geewhzz%s's Photo
    It just made me think that those two coasters were really close together, that's all :)
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo
    They are somewhat close.
  • Mama Bear%s's Photo

Hehe, okay, no problem. It's your park afterall, so build the waterfalls how you would like them. :)

I wasn't angry, lol! In fact I think it is an interesting discussion.
    And I DID try it again after your first comment.
    Here you have the results:

Posted Image

Posted Image

In this case we decided we liked the version with dark backgrounds better, but we always listen to comments. Here you see an example where we agreed with the comment:

Posted Image
    Several people commented the walls of the arch were too thin.

We agreed, and here is how it looks now:

Posted Image

Mama Bear
  • Carl%s's Photo
    quality improvements ;)
    cant wait for the release :D

Edited by ride_exchanger, 24 April 2007 - 03:30 PM.

• lucas92%s's Photo
    Yeah, that's indeed very nice. You should release it as a vacantion park. There could at least be some signs of live in the VP page...

Anyway, that's your park, but think of a nice way to release it. I like how you 'thicked' the wall, very nice! Wouldn't there be footers for the supports though?
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo
    Technically, yes... Having it on the roof, I don't think it would be a big block of concrete, rather some sort of steel flange bolted to a steel beem inside the building itself. In this case, either option would have compromised the looks of the screen. Sometimes you have to bend the idea a bit to make it look good.
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    Those are some awesome screens!! i love how very well put together this park is. everything is not only in its own place but also goes over and around larger or smaller rides. it makes for a great atmosphere!!

IMO there are some parts that are kinda undetailed but the rides and landscape almost completly make up for that. can wait till the release!!!

FK+Coastermind
  • eman%s's Photo
    How could there be such a discrepancy in capacity between the 2 woodies there? Aside from that those are all awesome screens.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Very nice screens.

lol At the woodies' dates.
  • JDP%s's Photo

How could there be such a discrepancy in capacity between the 2 woodies there? Aside from that those are all awesome screens.

^Because the peeps in rct are retarted :)

Looks great. LOL @ "A Struggle for Life".
    -JDP
  • Mama Bear%s's Photo

^Because the peeps in rct are retarted :)
    -JDP

You are sooo right!! We're at the ride/stalls limit so can't build more. When getting to appr. 4000 guests they start to complain they are hungry. So we deleted most non-food stalls and added more food stalls........Then they were thirsty: We divided the drink/food stalls better, made it the same amount each. That worked. No complaint at 4000. But at 4500: I'm hungry, I'm thirsty......aaargh! Sometimes I feel like drawning the whole lot. LOL!
    Not to mention the fact that they ALWAYS want to go home just as they are at the very back of the park, sigh.......

Mama Bear
  • JDP%s's Photo
    ^I love how theres the entrace or a ride right around a couple turns and they stay trying think that there will be a magical path that will appeare so they can walk to it. Ya know, they just scatter in the same area and dont do sht, lol.
    -JDP
  • Mama Bear%s's Photo
    The very last screenshots before release: (a matter of days now!).

Posted Image
    We already showed you the Fisherman's Friend restaurant, but this time we reveal the two objects especially made for this park: a swimming and a jumping fish, both animated and colorable.

Posted Image
    And the ISE (Insomnia Submarine Explorer). You can see the scientists at work on the sea floor.

Enjoy!

Mama Bear
  • Geoff%s's Photo
    Very nice! That sea floor is fantastic... and the submarine there, great touch.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Let's play I've Got a Secret! :D

Edited by Gwazi, 17 May 2007 - 02:08 PM.

• eman%s's Photo
    Amazing. This is a spotlight as far as Im concerned.
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    This is going to be a very fun park to look at in a few days!

Nice work!

James - rctnw
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo
    Insular Insomnia has been released. Find it here.
  • Loopy%s's Photo
    Would someone mind hosting this or emailing it too me please? RCTspace doesnt want to let me download it. Ive forgot my password to log in, sent to receive it in an email and it hasnt come through.

Would be greatly appreciated ive been looking forward to seeing this park for quite some time. Well done on finishing it you two.