Released / Insular Insomnia by Todd Lee & Mama Bear

• Mama Bear%s's Photo
    LOL, I don't Todd! But I looked it up in my archieved emails... ;) We started this park in February 2003! Or better, you started it! It was the start for a RCT Station contest you were doing with someone who let you down and then, being happy with the first things you built on the map, you sent it to me, to see if we could turn it into a T&M project.
    So, basicly this park has only few custom items. At the start only a few of Toon's roofs and his 1/4 tile base blocks and some RCT Fun foliage and stuff. Some was added with D'Import, but still, next to, for instance, the PT2 bench it has few custom items. We decided to keep it that way! There's a challenge in that, isn't there? We do have a little surprise for you though! I made two custom objects especially for this park and they are objects that were asked for around here.......But that is something you will see when the park is released!....
    Turtle and Mantis, I see both your points! I think you will think differently once you see the area in toto. In this specific zoom-in screenshots indeed both the bench and the fences look somewhat out of place.
    Like to hear your opinion once you've seen the complete park!

Thanks all for your input!

Mama Bear

Edited by Mama Bear, 19 April 2006 - 06:49 PM.

• Geoff%s's Photo
    Wonderful teasers! I really like both of them. Great architecture, and color schemes.

The only things I have a problem with, are the supports. I don't really like how there are four of them under the track.

Good job though. Keep it up!!
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo
    Our phototgrapher Albert has just brought 2 more photos out from the darkroom!

Posted Image
    This photo was taken near the coaster Firestarter. It was the first coaster of its kind, not made known to the world for a few years until Kumba was built in Busch Gardens Tampa. Firestarter's launch technology was then released and used on Incredible Hulk in 1999 @ Universal's Islands of Adventure.

And

Here's a shot of one of the many gardens on the island. The statue featured here is said to be of one of the prince's three brothers!

Posted Image

Enjoy!

Todd Lee & Mama Bear
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    Nice job you two! I can see the MB style in these screens and it reminds me of classic RCT2 type of work when it first came out only with a polished look about it. Kind of hard to explain but I mean it in a good way ;)

My only comment to change would be the supports. It's overkill having 4 posts blocked together IMHO.

James
  • JDP%s's Photo
    I like it...cool idea with the water fall. You over done your self with the rapids though coming from the water fall.
  • Mama Bear%s's Photo
    Thanks James! I know what you mean! It is partly because there are relatively few custom items in the park. No custom walls, no custom fences only a few roofs and basic 1/4 tile baseblocks and a few window overlays. And a few decorative items like plants and the tables and such. There are no custom rides either.

Here is a more recent "photo" of the waterfall:

Posted Image

You see more of the rapids coming from the waterfall in this one, JDP! Let me know if you still think it is too much.

Mama Bear
  • Loopy%s's Photo
    I really like how the coaster goes over the roof of that building thats really cool
    Its nice to see another park not hacked up the woozy and full of custom scenary il be lookin forward to seeing this one
    Good job you two
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    i love that screen, especially the waterfall. i think there a too many rapids there, though, too.
  • Akasha%s's Photo
    I like it, it's different. This looks a bit newbish actually, but the way you built this no newbie could do. I like the details, they're different. Great work
  • Mama Bear%s's Photo
    Thanks everyone! Great comments!

We will look into the rapids under the waterfall again.....

About the supports of Insane Insomnular. We took your advice in one place. Here is the new photo:

Posted Image

Since the coaster is integrated with the city, so are its supports. The white ones are also meant as decoration. Here you see the building from another angle:

Posted Image

As you can see in the background, the support is different there.

To show you one more kind of support:

Posted Image

Mama Bear
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    I really like the colors. But I think that (last screen) the wall connected to the arch is too thin. Other than that, your park has a brilliant atmosphere.

Edited by lucas92, 23 April 2006 - 05:42 PM.

• mantis%s's Photo
    I think it looks too thin :-/
    Other than that I really like the look of the theme, and I think it's great you're incorporating the supports into it.
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo
    You guys are right, the wall does look too thin in that last screen... We'll have to see what we can do to fix that.
  • Mama Bear%s's Photo
    Some more photos of Insane Insomnular:

The station of Insane Insomnular. Built where used to be the part of the palace that was destroyed during the uproar in 1790. Although modern, built with respect for the building style of the palace. Windows in the roof and sides of the building show you the track transfer and actual station.

Posted Image

The block break station halfway the ride (in duration, not in length).

Posted Image

Mama Bear
  • Xenon%s's Photo
    Awesome theming, again. That drop on the coaster is awesome. The waterfalls in the first screen would look better if there were some white water tiles at the bottom.

Edited by Xenon, 25 April 2006 - 05:45 AM.

• Todd Lee%s's Photo
    Good call, we can throw some white water in there to show the movement better.

Here's a small photo of an area in progress.
    Posted Image
  • RCTtom%s's Photo
    Love the rides and the architecture in your park. The waterfalls are awesome and the colours are used very well. Great park! :)
  • Xenon%s's Photo
    That's some nice use of land blocks to create that little waterfall. The rest of the landscape looks rather barren though.
  • LoneMarine%s's Photo
    If you look around and pay attention to the atmosphere and the coaster of the last screen, you will see that since it is a mining-like-theme that has a high elevation, the landscape would be barren. DUH!!! :drool:

Just kidding about that very last part. :)
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo
    Any ideas on what type of foliage should go in this area??